2011 Iowa Starting Lineup Becomes More Clear

I wouldn't dispute that, which is why his completion % went way up. But he still had those brain farts, especially late in the year, and in the 2nd half of games, which Ricky's past was always start slow, end fast.

He did it in the bowl game too. We get a first down, and he throws a bomb to McNutt who clearly was double covered with the safety help.

He also threw off of his back foot too many times, as evidence by his 2nd pick against mizzou. He had a small window to throw to Herman, but he had no zip on the ball.

JVB appears to have a better fast ball. But he really didn't show too much against NW and MN. He did play with a lot of heart against OSU, but even that game he had multiple turnovers, and some luck.

Donahue did a nice job punting for Iowa. However, what would be so difficult about coaching a punter to kick the ball out of bounds in the corner once in a while? I think Iowa gives up too many yards every season by consistently punting the ball into the end zone.

Yeah, why can't we ever find a punter who pins the other team on the 1 yard line every time? What's so hard about that?

donahue wes let down by his coverage often this season.

Stanzi locks onto his primary read often because that is, I believe, how he is coached to- i.e. he is coached to read his progressions and the defense's initial set imo. I thought he really improved on using his eyes to help receivers this season and although he didn't play well in the bowl, he was also plagued by several uncharacteristic drop passes from reliable targets in the bowl game as well.

Having a good punter is huge for a team like Iowa, which usually has an offense that loves to shut it down at random times during games. Though, admittedly, having a punt coverage unit also helps in the field position battle.

donahue wes let down by his coverage often this season.

Stanzi locks onto his primary read often because that is, I believe, how he is coached to- i.e. he is coached to read his progressions and the defense's initial set imo. I thought he really improved on using his eyes to help receivers this season and although he didn't play well in the bowl, he was also plagued by several uncharacteristic drop passes from reliable targets in the bowl game as well.

True. I NEVER thought I'd see the day that Reisner dropped multiple passes in a game. That was simply shocking.

I am wondering who becomes the #3 receiver this year and the return men. I don't know how he has practiced but the videos I've seen of Martin-Manley make me think he would be dangerous in the slot. I would also like to see Hyde as the PR and Martin-Manley as the 2nd KR with Davis (if he stays back there).

I would also like to see the defense rotate its DL more I think they could have a solid 3 or 4 DT rotation and a good 3 or 4 DE rotation to keep the pressure on the offense.

My money is on Kirksey and Hitchens finding spots on this defense on a regular basis before the end of the year.

Can't wait for spring practices to see what we've really got.

Latest posts