’20 NC SG Carson McCorkle Enjoys First Look at Iowa

Man with Pat and Conner Mac, Xavier Foster and McCorkle we could be talking Final Four talent. I pray before bed that we get Foster and McCorkle. They will both be top 20 recruits nationally. What a dream.

Foster and McCorkle would be a Kentucky class.

And we need it. I will give it to Fran. He has learned that he can't just jump in on blue chips their junior or senior year and get them to Iowa. So he identifies super talent at an extremely young age and gets in on the ground floor.

And we need it. I will give it to Fran. He has learned that he can't just jump in on blue chips their junior or senior year and get them to Iowa. So he identifies super talent at an extremely young age and gets in on the ground floor.
Hell, I'm pumped about it being a possibility.

I really like this kid's versatility from his tape. He's quick with the ball, nice crossover, passer, can elevate and shoot- really a PG or SG. Didn't read about any connections to Iowa? Coach K and Williams must be thinking of retiring by then so this might be a good time to look at a 2020 North Carolina guard. Since Roy took Marcus Paige when Fran was just getting here, it seems only fair to return the favor.

Pretty impressive looking kid... Damn. When I was that age I could catch and shoot. That was about it. Being able to do everything he can with the ball not to mention dunk off 2 steps for being 6'1 is pretty darn athletic. Is he going to grow some more yet? Sky's the limit for him. However so will his options and he's got sooo long to go yet till he signs anything could happen.

He's no Fran though.
He'd give Fran a run for his money if Iowa or anyone other then say a Duke were to come in and pull him out of there. That kid doesn't have to go far from home to pick a heck of a program to be a part of. Needless to say my hopes aren't too high on him suiting up as a Hawkeye. But crazier things have happened

He'd give Fran a run for his money if Iowa or anyone other then say a Duke were to come in and pull him out of there. That kid doesn't have to go far from home to pick a heck of a program to be a part of. Needless to say my hopes aren't too high on him suiting up as a Hawkeye. But crazier things have happened

Fran will have 2 to 3 years to build a relationship with McCorkle before anybody like NC, Duke, Kansas or Louisville show up to the party. I could easily see that being a decisive factor. I bet he paid and took the time to travel up here to watch us play because he has no interest. The seed is planted. Let's hope it grows into an awesome tree.

Fran will have 2 to 3 years to build a relationship with McCorkle before anybody like NC, Duke, Kansas or Louisville show up to the party. I could easily see that being a decisive factor. I bet he paid and took the time to travel up here to watch us play because he has no interest. The seed is planted. Let's hope it grows into an awesome tree.

Every recruit is different. IMO getting a recruit to visit is a big step, as you've said.

IIRC Fran was the first to offer Tyus Jones, but the relationship was never really grown there. Having the loyalty to the school/coach who was recruiting first didn't seem to matter much for a guy like Ulis, but also may be the reason Iowa landed Cook.

Fran is doing the right thing by evaluating these studs and recruiting them early. If Iowa continues to have success I think Fran will have an easier time landing some of these top guys.

Just depends on the kid... Fran was one of the first in on Ulis pretty early on too and we know how that ended up. When the blue bloods come a calling it's tough for anyone to ignore. Granted our chances are better this way but how much and does it matter in the end is all up in the air...

I really do think Ulis would have been a hawk had Kentucky not come calling. Not even considering Calipari's propensity for cheating and known cases of providing impermissible benefits. I am sure that Kentucky having 5 starting spots to fill was the tipping point. Otherwise that kid was a hawk.