#20 CFP Rankings

The Hawks had lost 3 out the last 4 at that point. To me that's a little sketch to be dancing in the end zone at that point.

I get it, but that was a fairly tough 4 game stretch. Playing 5 TOP 25 teams and going 2-3 against them is gonna get ya ranked. That's how football works. There isn't another team in the country that has played 5 top 25 teams thus far. I would guess that 2 top 25 wins is probably to most for any team as well. I am not emotional or dramatic, but we've talked several times this season and your slant has always been against Ferentz and "WHO" Iowa plays. You can expect me to let ya have it when things go well for Iowa, as I would expect you to let me know about it when Iowa sucks. We can talk, be civil and have a healthy debate. I am not dramatic. Maybe you read it dramatically. I say Man up - don't dig in, double down and accept you might have been wrong. Which, if you are a Hawk fan, you should be totally cool with. Crow tastes great.

If Iowa loses this weekend, it doesn't mean same ole same ole, it means they played a good team on the road and they are young. Saturday is gonna be tough. I don't expect a win. But last Saturday at least gave me some hope and reason to watch. But if they lose, I am sure you'll be back here to tell us all about 6 win seasons.

If they win, well, you're going to have to come up with something else to tell everyone about Ferentz being a boring and bad coach who stuffs his stat sheet against cupcakes and the jv highschool division of CFB.

Bowl games need to go completely. We need a 14 team playoff. You move to an 11 game season with 10 conference games 1 non con and an exhibition for some D2 school to play as a tune up. Under this format you would have the 5 power conference champs and the 5 power conference runner ups. In most cases the conference runner up will be the 2nd team from a division the team that didn't just lose the conference championship. The 4 remaining spots go to the 4 highest ranked non power 5 schools. This way there is very little objectivity in the selection process aside from picking the 4 non P5 teams. Then the human committee can worry about seeding the bracket. This system has been proposed and has a workable revenue model to back it. The increased revenue from the larger playoff should compensate every power conference for the loss of a non con home game during the season and of course the non power 5 conferences will get a smaller portion of proceeds unless somehow one of their teams makes the Championship. This is the model I support because it is what is fair to the student athletes.

I agree with going to a 10 game conference schedule, as long as all conference champs get in. Then playing more conference games makes sense, lets see who really is the best in the conference. That would mean you play 4 cross over games, so even less of a chance you get total cupcakes while other division opponents get a tough slate.

True, but if all 5 conference champs get in, that ends the debate for 5 of the 8.

My issue with 4 teams isn't anything other than we have 5 major conferences now, and all conference champs should be in. I mean take last year for example. Penn St. won the B1G and Ohio St. went to the playoffs. That was bullshit (not that I like Penn St.). I just think results on the field should matter more than the girl with the curl award does.

I agree with this and part of me likes the idea of going to 8 teams for the reasons you state but that's not the point I was trying to make. I see people posting on here acting like polls and the human element would suddenly go a way with an 8 team playoff system, they won't. Even with an 8 team playoff system you'll still have 3 teams getting into the playoffs where there is some human element going into who gets those 3 spots. Some of the same reasoning people are giving on here to go to an 8 team playoff would apply to going to a 16 team playoff system.

I get it, but that was a fairly tough 4 game stretch. Playing 5 TOP 25 teams and going 2-3 against them is gonna get ya ranked. That's how football works. There isn't another team in the country that has played 5 top 25 teams thus far. I would guess that 2 top 25 wins is probably to most for any team as well. I am not emotional or dramatic, but we've talked several times this season and your slant has always been against Ferentz and "WHO" Iowa plays. You can expect me to let ya have it when things go well for Iowa, as I would expect you to let me know about it when Iowa sucks. We can talk, be civil and have a healthy debate. I am not dramatic. Maybe you read it dramatically. I say Man up - don't dig in, double down and accept you might have been wrong. Which, if you are a Hawk fan, you should be totally cool with. Crow tastes great.

If Iowa loses this weekend, it doesn't mean same ole same ole, it means they played a good team on the road and they are young. Saturday is gonna be tough. I don't expect a win. But last Saturday at least gave me some hope and reason to watch. But if they lose, I am sure you'll be back here to tell us all about 6 win seasons.

If they win, well, you're going to have to come up with something else to tell everyone about Ferentz being a boring and bad coach who stuffs his stat sheet against cupcakes and the jv highschool division of CFB.
You can let me have it all you want, I won't mind a bit. I've always said that whether I think the Hawks will win or not, I always hope they do and love it when they do. If it gets your rocks off to think you're serving me crow then have at it, I'll still smile.

And for the record I never said the team is terrible, I've always said that the offensive play calling is lackluster and predictable under Ferentz which we've seen with 3 OCs now, and that we don't recruit or perform as well as schools with similar budgets and facilities. Will that change? I hope so. And I have always had nothing but high praise for the Hawks defense and both Parkers. In most cases the defense is what allows the Hawks to squeak out wins.

...you're going to have to come up with something else to tell everyone about Ferentz being a boring and bad coach who stuffs his stat sheet against cupcakes and the jv highschool division of CFB.
I said we play in the JV division of the Big 10, not college football. Which we do. Look at the combined winning percentages of the East vs. West over the last 10-15 years and tell me the West isn't a softer division to play in. In any case, flame away, you can imagine me eating all the virtual "crow" you want if it makes your blood boil a little. I just laugh at this shit man.

You can let me have it all you want, I won't mind a bit. I've always said that whether I think the Hawks will win or not, I always hope they do and love it when they do. If it gets your rocks off to think you're serving me crow then have at it, I'll still smile.

And for the record I never said the team is terrible, I've always said that the offensive play calling is lackluster and predictable under Ferentz which we've seen with 3 OCs now, and that we don't recruit or perform as well as schools with similar budgets and facilities. Will that change? I hope so. And I have always had nothing but high praise for the Hawks defense and both Parkers. In most cases the defense is what allows the Hawks to squeak out wins.

But that isn't what you've always said for the record, which is why I call it out. In good fun, because it's fun to tell you about some of the stuff you said. I do get my "rocks off" so to say and letting peeps know. You've been selling doom and gloom and the "it aint gonna change cause we have KF", "Iowa plays in a JV division" "KF feeds up on cupcakes and this year is no different" "Iowa isn't winning enough" for the entire season. Now Iowa's ranked and you're all like "Doesn't Matter"... that's a serious LOL for anyone who is an Iowa fan.

And Iowa, compared to similar schools with similar budgets, facilities and pecking order in the CFB world... is killing it dude. Who are some of these similar schools?
You got Wisconsin ...that's the only bullet in your gun. Go ahead and try and tell me who else is out performing Iowa consistently that is in the same boat?

I'll wait.

But that isn't what you've always said for the record, which is why I call it out. In good fun, because it's fun to tell you about some of the stuff you said. I do get my "rocks off" so to say and letting peeps know. You've been selling doom and gloom and the "it aint gonna change cause we have KF", "Iowa plays in a JV division" "KF feeds up on cupcakes and this year is no different" "Iowa isn't winning enough" for the entire season. Now Iowa's ranked and you're all like "Doesn't Matter"... that's a serious LOL for anyone who is an Iowa fan.

And Iowa, compared to similar schools with similar budgets, facilities and pecking order in the CFB world... is killing it dude. Who are some of these similar schools?
You got Wisconsin ...that's the only bullet in your gun. Go ahead and try and tell me who else is out performing Iowa consistently that is in the same boat?

I'll wait.

You are right about the doom and gloom, but the foundation of his basic premise is not incorrect. The play calling and overall strategy is sort of a doom and gloom strategy when you think about it. Like we couldn't compete without being boring and eating cupcakes.

None of us know if the strategy has changed. Most if honest are looking to Saturday with trepidation on which team we'll see. Most of us don't care if we lose. We do care about how we lose. If the Hawks go back to doom and gloom, it will be painful to watch, even if a win to some degree.

If it's back to the old, the whiners that whine about those frustrated with KF over the years won't know what to do, but I predict this board will be quite active for a few days.

You are right about the doom and gloom, but the foundation of his basic premise is not incorrect. The play calling and overall strategy is sort of a doom and gloom strategy when you think about it. Like we couldn't compete without being boring and eating cupcakes.

None of us know if the strategy has changed. Most if honest are looking to Saturday with trepidation on which team we'll see. Most of us don't care if we lose. We do care about how we lose. If the Hawks go back to doom and gloom, it will be painful to watch, even if a win to some degree.

If it's back to the old, the whiners that whine about those frustrated with KF over the years won't know what to do, but I predict this board will be quite active for a few days.

I want them to let it all hang out Saturday... and I too will be disappointed if they don't. As Diesel says on the cast, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Let's hope they stay aggressive.

Latest posts