2 sentences that sum up 2010 (and many other coulda, shoulda, woulda seasons)

hawkeye28

Hawkeyes vanilla "bend don't break" defense finally broke. Their 2-minute offense has ALWAYS been broke and they obviously don't care to find a solution.

... If anyone tells ya different or thinks different, they don't know what they're talkin' about :).

p.s. An upset win on Saturday @ Kinnick is the only shot for the Outback Bowl, right? A loss pretty much guarantees the Alamo Bowl or Champs Sports Bowl, right?

I think it's pretty much been determined that if we lose this week and beat Minny we are probably looking at the Insight Bowl.

I think it's pretty much been determined that if we lose this week and beat Minny we are probably looking at the Insight Bowl.

Insight Bowl? Where the heck is that bowl :) ?! So with a loss to OSU and a win in Minnesota, are we still 4th in the Big 10? And 4th pl Big 10 team goes to the Insight Bowl?

What a disappointment. This feels like the 4 loss 1997 season. 1 of the losses to Ohio State wasn't much of a game (18-6), but the other 3 losses to Michigan (Nat'l Champs and we were up 21-7 @ halftime) and losses by FG's to Wisconsin & Northwestern, we were a pretty average team that ended up playing Arizona State @ the Sun Bowl.

Insight Bowl? Where the heck is that bowl :) ?! So with a loss to OSU and a win in Minnesota, are we still 4th in the Big 10? And 4th pl Big 10 team goes to the Insight Bowl?

What a disappointment. This feels like the 4 loss 1997 season. 1 of the losses to Ohio State wasn't much of a game (18-6), but the other 3 losses to Michigan (Nat'l Champs and we were up 21-7 @ halftime) and losses by FG's to Wisconsin & Northwestern, we were a pretty average team that ended up playing Arizona State @ the Sun Bowl.

And ASU beat us in that game too. I'm pretty sure if the B10 gets two teams into the BCS which is very likely then we won't drop any lower than the Outback bowl. Or am I wrong there?

"I remember the 1970 season. If you would have told me back then that 40 years in the future we were going to find a coach who we paid three million dollars to consistently perform on par with Northwestern and who could land us a spot in the Insight Bowl against a powerhouse like Baylor or Missouri, I would have been shocked."

Signed - every old dude who posts on HawkeyeNation.

Read Jon's bowl prediction post and it pretty much lays out the reason why we would get passed over and end up in the Insight. If that comes true it's a horrible way for our seniors to end what was to be a historic season.

And ASU beat us in that game too. I'm pretty sure if the B10 gets two teams into the BCS which is very likely then we won't drop any lower than the Outback bowl. Or am I wrong there?

If we lose to OSU and win @ Minn, and WI / MSU / OSU wins out ... I think the following happens:

- Wisconsin = Rose Bowl
- Michigan State = @ Large BCS or Outback
- Ohio State = Whatever MSU doesn't get above
- Iowa = S.O.L. ... the post above said Insight Bowl - I think I remember it from last year ... it was Minnesota vs. Iowa State on New Year's eve on the NFL Network.

What place in the Big 10 slotting is for the Champs Sports Bowl? (where Wisconsin has been the last 2 years in Orlando, FL)

How was Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl last year if the Alamo Bowl is not affiliate w/ the Big 10? Maybe it just started this year?

If we lose to OSU and win @ Minn, and WI / MSU / OSU wins out ... I think the following happens:

- Wisconsin = Rose Bowl
- Michigan State = @ Large BCS or Outback
- Ohio State = Whatever MSU doesn't get above
- Iowa = S.O.L. ... the post above said Insight Bowl - I think I remember it from last year ... it was Minnesota vs. Iowa State on New Year's eve on the NFL Network.

What place in the Big 10 slotting is for the Champs Sports Bowl? (where Wisconsin has been the last 2 years in Orlando, FL)

How was Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl last year if the Alamo Bowl is not affiliate w/ the Big 10? Maybe it just started this year?

2009 season was the last year Alamo was affiliated with the Big 10.

Latest posts