2 Questions

pacoyal

Does anybody feel like this was a good thing going into next week having to squeeze out a win as opposed to a wide margin?

Does anybody feel like we may have found a better offense going into the 2 minute offense? Only reason I ask the last question is that we've seen it spark us the last couple of weeks.

This feels like 2009. A scare early in the season can be a good learning opportunity.

Does anybody feel like this was a good thing going into next week having to squeeze out a win as opposed to a wide margin?

Does anybody feel like we may have found a better offense going into the 2 minute offense? Only reason I ask the last question is that we've seen it spark us the last couple of weeks.

Remember Pitt in 2011? We ran a great couple of quick, no huddle series to win the game and we all thought that's what we'd see going forward? Nope, not so much...

The only thing I really feel good about (besides winning the game) is our defense improved from week 1 to week 2 and our backup has an arm from the Gods. I would have preferred us to score more points against a MAC team at home. Although it is encouraging to see us rally and score 2 touchdowns (where Jake shined the most in this game) in 5 minutes when we needed it. Again, the defense was a big part of that 5 minutes.

I don't know if we can fix our kicking problems in one week, let alone for a good part of this year (or all year really). I really hope we can run on ISU based on how KSU and North Dakota St both carved them up for over 200 yards a piece.

The only thing I really feel good about (besides winning the game) is our defense improved from week 1 to week 2 and our backup has an arm from the Gods. I would have preferred us to score more points against a MAC team at home. Although it is encouraging to see us rally and score 2 touchdowns (where Jake shined the most in this game) in 5 minutes when we needed it. Again, the defense was a big part of that 5 minutes.

I don't know if we can fix our kicking problems in one week, let alone for a good part of this year (or all year really). I really hope we can run on ISU based on how KSU and North Dakota St both carved them up for over 200 yards a piece.
That should tell us a lot next week.

We dominated this game in every aspect except the scoreboard. We couldn't get out of our own way for 57 minutes. Kicking game and turnovers cost us roughly 20 points. Frustrating, but we're 2-0 and that's all that matters i guess. We have to establish the run next week or it will be another barn burner.

That should tell us a lot next week.

They often play over there heads for us and we can expect to see a lot of seven in the box to try to stop are run. If the score had ended up 13-3 today what would we be saying? If we come out and play like we did in the last five minutes of this game we should be alright but of we come out with our heads in the clouds like the first three and a half quarters of today's game then it will be iffy.

We dominated this game in every aspect except the scoreboard. We couldn't get out of our own way for 57 minutes. Kicking game and turnovers cost us roughly 20 points. Frustrating, but we're 2-0 and that's all that matters i guess. We have to establish the run next week or it will be another barn burner.

take a look at the running game.

They often play over there heads for us and we can expect to see a lot of seven in the box to try to stop are run. If the score had ended up 13-3 today what would we be saying? If we come out and play like we did in the last five minutes of this game we should be alright but of we come out with our heads in the clouds like the first three and a half quarters of today's game then it will be iffy.
If they can't run against these guys next week, I would be very concerned for the rest of the season.

No. That was brutal. Dominated the game. What???? Having no running game and a horrific kicking game is not dominating.on top of that they are not even close to the identify that this team is supposed to be.

The defense pretty well dominated Ball State's offense. Our offense didn't dominate jack **** for most of the game.

For me, Iowa football is like watching the Lick years in basketball in regards to just be so damn boring. Football team does have some success (tho at this point I think it's luck).

Every game comes down to final drive. Doesn't matter if it's Ball St or WI. KF has neutered this offense and it's going to bite us.

Dont take ISU lightly. Unlike our staff, they will scheme to exploit our weaknesses, while Iowa will just do what it always does.

It will come down to turnovers and probably kicking game

,No, not a 'good thing' however good can come from adversity. I'm sure these guys learned a big lesson about never quitting.

Does anybody feel like we may have found a better offense going into the 2 minute offense? Only reason I ask the last question is that we've seen it spark us the last couple of weeks
Well, yes, the 2 minute offense has been used now.....i used to get frustrated with Iowa's complacency at the end of the half...taking a knee and when it was time to use the 2 minute offense, it was rusty.

Latest posts