#2 player in Nation AJ EPENESA COMMITS TO IOWA!!

ottoman89

I know this belongs in the "recruiting" area of the forum but I had to post it here too... AJ Epensa announced today that he's committing to the University of IOWA!!

Attachments

• aj.jpg
    aj.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 57
HOLY CRAPOLLA A FIVE STAR!!!!!!!!! I can't hardly contain myself!!!!!!! Welcome to the Hawkeye family AJ Epenesa!!!! Whooooooo Whoooooooooo!!

Insanely happy right now. Holy Balls will this be fun to see. Thus could be the start of something very, very special

Awesome get by the Hawks.

BTW...he's not the #2 player in the country. He's the #2 player in the state according to ESPN. #53 in the country. Doesn't lessen the fact that getting our first 5-star since 2004 is a huge boost for this program.

BTW...he's not the #2 player in the country. He's the #2 player in the state according to ESPN. #53 in the country. Doesn't lessen the fact that getting our first 5-star since 2004 is a huge boost for this program.

About a year ago he was the second best player in the nation according to 247sports. He has dropped slightly to the 10-15 range but still considered the number one d-end in the nation.

Rivals: 4*, #27 overall, #1 Strong side DE, #1 Illinois
ESPN: 4* (84), #53 overall, #4 position, #2 Illinois
247: 5*, #13 overall, #1 position, #Illinois
Scout: 4*, #16 overall, #1 DE, #1 Illinois

Incredible news. Congrats AJ, you are going to be a great Hawkeye. Now, I am going to pour myself a 5 star cocktail and celebrate. The bullies of the B1G are back.

Last edited:
So awesome. I went to school with his mom and dad. Knew them both pretty we'll. Great athletes and people. I'm so happy for them and for the hawks. This is great news.

Rivals: 4*, #27 overall, #1 Strong side DE, #1 Illinois
ESPN: 4* (84), #53 overall, #4 position, #2 Illinois
247: 5*, #13 overall, #1 position, #Illinois
Scout: 4*, #16 overall, #1 DE, #1 Illinois

He is still the #2 ranked player in the nation according to 247sports. The composite ranking is #13 which take into account other websites.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 1.11.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 1.11.03 PM.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow, great get! Check out this list of offers:
Epenesa’s offers have come from the obvious local schools (Illinois and Missouri) and from some of the nation’s top programs. The list includes Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Iowa, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, USC, UCLA, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article55186655.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like he can play basketball, too:
Epenesa is averaging a team-high 15.7 points and 12.7 rebounds for Edwardsville’s 13-3 basketball team and has broken the school record in the discus throw in track.

Quite an athlete.

Latest posts