#2 player in Nation AJ EPENESA COMMITS TO IOWA!!

You're going to get slayed for stating what you did, but well done.

What is well done? It's like saying I hope I don't get in a car wreck later today because I walked under a ladder. There is no correlation of future results at all. It's just silly.

What is well done? It's like saying I hope I don't get in a car wreck later today because I walked under a ladder. There is no correlation of future results at all. It's just silly.

I think he was just trying to emphasize that people are going more bonkers over this than is probably called for.

Like with most recruits, there is a long ways to go and a lot could happen. The Doering reference was accurate, IMO, because everyone thought he was going to be the next Anthony Munoz and he only started one game for the Hawks in his JR/SR years. Not implying that Epenesa will fizzle, just that there are likely 2 or 3 years left before he plays a snap for the Hawkeyes. I hope the kid makes huge waves at Iowa and wish him nothing but the best.

I think he was just trying to emphasize that people are going more bonkers over this than is probably called for.

Like with most recruits, there is a long ways to go and a lot could happen. The Doering reference was accurate, IMO, because everyone thought he was going to be the next Anthony Munoz and he only started one game for the Hawks in his JR/SR years. Not implying that Epenesa will fizzle, just that there are likely 2 or 3 years left before he plays a snap for the Hawkeyes. I hope the kid makes huge waves at Iowa and wish him nothing but the best.

i'm with JD on this one - why even go negative. why not be elated? people complain to lack of stars, then get stars, and then say 'hope he isn't a bust' or something like that. no one can predict the future, so why not just live in the present and be extremely excited to have landed the #2 recruit in the nation, per one recruiting service??

i'm with JD on this one - why even go negative. why not be elated? people complain to lack of stars, then get stars, and then say 'hope he isn't a bust' or something like that. no one can predict the future, so why not just live in the present and be extremely excited to have landed the #2 recruit in the nation, per one recruiting service??

Just to be clear, I am elated about it. And realistic at the same time. That is possible without being negative, you know.

JDM said it was silly to think that something like the Doering flop is a future predictor of success/failure, where I didn't think that was the intent of the post.

I don't. I saw 15 or 20 of these on twitter..more on facebook...the first thing people go to 'Well I hope he works out better than Larsen or Doering' DERP who doesn't? There is no causality, no connection, nothing...just Eeyore gonna Eeyore

I don't. I saw 15 or 20 of these on twitter..more on facebook...the first thing people go to 'Well I hope he works out better than Larsen or Doering' DERP who doesn't? There is no causality, no connection, nothing...just Eeyore gonna Eeyore

What's Twitter?

Last edited:
9ers, Hawks, Twins all good in late/mid 80s I'm sure that wasn't when you of all people wouldn't bandwagon
Well sure that's how I chose them to START with. I figure there's 2 ways you get to picking your teams. Your parents/family or you find a team that's good you like and go. Be it they are good and or local to where you are. Well I lived in the middle of nowhere so local meant nothing to me before I was 10. It's pretty safe to say they've had a lot of downs if not more downs then ups most of my life. Is it bandwagon jumping to pick good teams to start with and never get off? I've always attributed bandwagoning to fans that just go from team to team to team to team based on who's winning at the time.

What an awesome commitment for the Hawkeyes. Locking in a legacy and the fact they are a blue chip prospect is quite an accomplishment. Awesome job, staff!

Actually it's like saying I hope I don't get in a car wreck later today because there was someone who got in a car wreck 10 years ago.

Latest posts