2 Deeps - July 26, 2012

I think in the media guide it says Campbell had a good spring so he is probably in two deeps now with Lomax injured.

Just remembered it was Lowery who was in on nickel and dime situations and played ST when he came back from injury.

If Mac can't crack the starting lineup then he is either mostly done because of the injury or the line is going to be insanely good.

As far as the perception of the DLine goes - The Koolaid is flowing something fierce.

Scary lack of depth at LB, WR, and DL, along with the obvious at RB.

We are an injury away from disaster at several spots.

Unless we strike gold somewhere along the D-Line this year is going to be very rough on defense. At DT the future is there, but is just young, at DE I have no idea how good/bad we will be but seeing Alvis and Bigach there is not much comfort based on past performance.

I feel good about the back 7 sans Morris who worries me a great deal when isolated against quicker players.

On offense I hope Vandenberg and the O-Line is ready to see a steady dose of zone biltz. Vandenberg didn't handle it very well last year and a young O-Line will have to be ready as well.

All these things considered I hope Greg Davis will be as good as advertised because uptempo and quick passes are ways to get people out of the biltzes that are sure to be throw at us.

I thought in the Spring that Cooper had one of the DT spots locked as a starter. It's actually good to see that they think high enough of Trinca-Pasat to start him at DT and let Cooper compete with Davis for the other spot. Seems to be some competition there. Should be interesting to see Bigach on the end competing with Alvis for the starting spot.

Didn't expect Tommy Gaul (Dowling Catholic walk-on) to quietly move into the backup center role.
Same here. I wonder if Simmons is going to red-shirt?

I thought in the Spring that Cooper had one of the DT spots locked as a starter. It's actually good to see that they think high enough of Trinca-Pasat to start him at DT and let Cooper compete with Davis for the other spot. Seems to be some competition there. Should be interesting to see Bigach on the end competing with Alvis for the starting spot.

Didn't expect Tommy Gaul (Dowling Catholic walk-on) to quietly move into the backup center role.
I asked this on the other thread topic started on the depth chart....but I have to believe that either Boffeli or Blythe would move over in the event of an emergency....Gaul would get steamrolled by B1G sized DL, and probably get JVB murdered.

Sorry, don't like small OL, never have, never will....in the B1G you better bring some girth.

Unless we strike gold somewhere along the D-Line this year is going to be very rough on defense. At DT the future is there, but is just young, at DE I have no idea how good/bad we will be but seeing Alvis and Bigach there is not much comfort based on past performance.

I feel good about the back 7 sans Morris who worries me a great deal when isolated against quicker players.

On offense I hope Vandenberg and the O-Line is ready to see a steady dose of zone biltz. Vandenberg didn't handle it very well last year and a young O-Line will have to be ready as well.

All these things considered I hope Greg Davis will be as good as advertised because uptempo and quick passes are ways to get people out of the biltzes that are sure to be throw at us.

Morris' issue was being injured (ankle). If he's healthy, I have almost no concerns about him whatsoever.

Gaul redshirted in 2010. His only action was in the season opener against Tenn Tech last year. Maybe he's the new Jason White of the backup center position on the depth chart.

Latest posts