2-7-11 TOM rankings

They're wrong in one respect - it shows Yohn injured, not wrestling. He just got pinned Sunday night against OSU.

They're wrong in one respect - it shows Yohn injured, not wrestling. He just got pinned Sunday night against OSU.

That was Joe Nord who got pinned not Yohn. Yohn is injured and out of the lineup. Lee Kemp was doing commentary and called him Yohn by mistake.

Viratas, very good to see you over here! The rankings look good again. I'm glad to see St John, Janssen, and Luke Lofthouse getting some more respect now. The Hawks are slowly climbing there way.

Viratas, very good to see you over here! The rankings look good again. I'm glad to see St John, Janssen, and Luke Lofthouse getting some more respect now. The Hawks are slowly climbing there way.

They have earned it and I have moved them accordingly.

I am interested to see how Janssen and L. Lofthouse do in the Big 10. They could be major factors at Nationals.

There are so many wild cards going into nationals this year its nuts

Yeah, I see quite a few teams with 4-7 possible AA's and 1-3 possible finalist. At this point I'd have to favor Cornell to take home the hardware but it really wouldn't surprise me to see Penn State, Iowa, Boise St, Oklahoma State, etc... win the title. If guys like Howe and Sonny Yohn can get healthy and effective they are going to get there teams in the race too.

I think that we'll find a lot out about Janssen and Lofthouse in the next 2 weeks, especially against Minnesota.

Many have stated all season that Iowa doesn't have a chance at the title, but I disagree. Other teams have the talent but they don't appear to have the mental toughness needed to consistently win the big matches. Also, I think some of the top teams might have peaked too early in the season. On the contrary, Iowa looks like they are continuing to get better. Also, I'm curious to see how Boise State does since they haven't had their top team together so far.

Many have stated all season that Iowa doesn't have a chance at the title, but I disagree. Other teams have the talent but they don't appear to have the mental toughness needed to consistently win the big matches. Also, I think some of the top teams might have peaked too early in the season. On the contrary, Iowa looks like they are continuing to get better. Also, I'm curious to see how Boise State does since they haven't had their top team together so far.

I agree with this pretty much spot on.

I have told many people to never count IA out.

Right now I see these teams all with a chance if every one is healthy.

Cornell
PSU
Iowa
OSU
Boise
MN
Sconny

I do not know when the last time was where you could say this many teams had a shot.

They have earned it and I have moved them accordingly.

I am interested to see how Janssen and L. Lofthouse do in the Big 10. They could be major factors at Nationals.

There are so many wild cards going into nationals this year its nuts

I agree, but I would also throw in St. John as well, depending on which one shows up he could be 2 and done or an AA.

I agree with this pretty much spot on.

I have told many people to never count IA out.

Right now I see these teams all with a chance if every one is healthy.

Cornell
PSU
Iowa
OSU
Boise
MN
Sconny

I do not know when the last time was where you could say this many teams had a shot.
Who is Sconny (Wisconsin maybe)?

viratas come around more often we appreciate your website a lot! im on it every day looking for new stuff from you guys keep up the good work

viratas come around more often we appreciate your website a lot! im on it every day looking for new stuff from you guys keep up the good work

For sure, and thanks for the kind words.

This time of the year, I am up to my ears.

We have a couple feature things we are working on. Both are proposals.

1. A split season for College wrestling (first part dual only) (second is individual only)

2. Also a complete restructuring of Fargo, Jr. Nationals, and Regional.

Should be some good stuff.

Latest posts