1996 Arizona @ Iowa season opener

Remember Tim Dwight lighting up the Arizona punt returner who started walking to the wrong sideline, oops 5 yard penalty ouch, those were the days of ringing someone's bell and lovin' it. Beautiful day at Kinnick.

Had ESPN painted on our chests in the first row of the SS. Had an outline of an S sunburned on me for about a week. Hotter than hell that day

Had ESPN painted on our chests in the first row of the SS. Had an outline of an S sunburned on me for about a week. Hotter than hell that day

I went to 3 games that season: Arizona, NW, & Wisconsin

Arizona as you mentioned was brutally hot. Only other game I’ve been to in person that rivaled it was the KSU game in Arrowhead

Northwestern game was the exact opposite. Late in the season and wind was a killer. Bundled up but it didn’t matter. I was still shivering for hours after that game and Iowa got smoked.

Wisconsin game was the very next week, final home game of the season. I came prepared but didn’t need to. Turned out to be a beautiful November day.

Midwest weather. Gotta love it

I went to 3 games that season: Arizona, NW, & Wisconsin

Arizona as you mentioned was brutally hot. Only other game I’ve been to in person that rivaled it was the KSU game in Arrowhead

Northwestern game was the exact opposite. Late in the season and wind was a killer. Bundled up but it didn’t matter. I was still shivering for hours after that game and Iowa got smoked.

Wisconsin game was the very next week, final home game of the season. I came prepared but didn’t need to. Turned out to be a beautiful November day.

Midwest weather. Gotta love it

Sedrick Shaw was unstoppable that Wisconsin game.

Latest posts