1921-22 Throwback Jerseys for the Iowa - Iowa State Game

I liked the ones they had in 2010, the 50's throwbacks. I have this hanging in the basement.

Here was a TV segment on it: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8165/7449555584_528ae9c777_z.jpg

7449555584_528ae9c777_z.jpg
Those weren't bad.

No gimmicks, no throwbacks just play the game!

Not a fan of them... Will be anxious to see what kind of leather Iowa uses on their helmets.

I don't understand why every game needs a hook. I am really getting tired of Black outs , Gold Rushes, Flash cards and now Throwback games. I lke history as much as the next guy but really ninty some years was a long time ago folks.

I like using the design but not with a number on them, probably a rules violation. Would love to see the late 70's cursive Iowa yellow helmets.

Like the use of Old Gold.

Ditto! That's the way Iowa's colors are supposed to look...but most people born after 1980 have no idea what "old gold" really is and think that the canary yellow Iowa sports now is the correct interpretation.

BTW, those unis are hideous!!!!

yeah, I'll take about any Nike pro combat uni over that throwback.

why do a throwback if the uni's suck?

I can't say I'm a big fan of the 1921-22 unis, but my Mom and Dad were both at Iowa those years so I think I'd enjoy watching the Hawks as they saw them back then.

I like when they do these games. Gives it a different feel. I think they will look a lot better on the field with everyone wearing them.

Will Kurt use a throwback golf pencil and pad of paper, and will he chew throwback gum?

Latest posts