'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

RobHowe

Administrator
Tyreke Locure has seen his recruitment pick up in recent months. The '19 Des Moines North High PG spoke with HN about offers, interest from Iowa and others:

LINK

Last edited:
I see I'm rubbing off on you:D.
Seriously, he's even going to get stronger & quicker! Fran needs to get over whatever's holding back the offer.

He's listed at 5'10", but that's probably overshooting it. It takes a truly elite player at that height to succeed at the high major level.

Serious question: can JoBo dunk? Cuz, Locure can.

Locure's issue isn't physically, it's mentally.

Sure Locure has a way higher upside than JBo but he'll probably never have the mental toughness and basketball IQ that JBo came in with as a freshman.

Locure's issue isn't physically, it's mentally.

Sure Locure has a way higher upside than JBo but he'll probably never have the mental toughness and basketball IQ that JBo came in with as a freshman.

I dunked once and I'm 6' 2 1/2" with little hops so I would wager JoBo could if he had a breakaway situation with nobody on him. I know he can shoot better than TL.

I dunked once and I'm 6' 2 1/2" with little hops so I would wager JoBo could if he had a breakaway situation with nobody on him. I know he can shoot better than TL.
My intentions weren't to knock on Bohannon. That being said, I do not believe that Jo Bo can dunk. Maybe by his junior or senior year, that will be different.

Easy there Al Bundy..:) Remember the Jeff Horner left handed dunk against Illinois, I believe it was in '06. Are you talking about something similar to that? If memory serves me correctly Horner was listed at 6'3.

Another serious question "Can Locure shoot 3s? Cause JoBo sure can! :)
(And they count more)
Here are both stats as high school sophomores...

Bohannon:
23 games, 315 FG Attempts, 135 FG Made, 42.9 FG%,
155 3pt Attempts, 58 3pt Made, 37.4 3pt%,
86 FT Attempts, 76 FT Made, 88.4 FT%,
17.6 pts per game
3.34 Assists a game, .82 Steals a game, 3 Blocks on the season

Locure:
23 games, 423 FG Attempts, 188 FG Made, 44.4 FG%,
140 3pt Attempts, 46 3pt Made, 32.9 3pt%
198 FT Attempts, 166 FT Made, 83.8 FT%
25.6 pts per game
7.26 Assists a game, 3 Steals a game, 7 Blocks on the season

Last edited:
Here are both stats as high school sophomores...

Bohannon:
23 games, 315 FG Attempts, 135 FG Made, 42.9 FG%,
155 3pt Attempts, 58 3pt Made, 37.4 3pt%,
86 FT Attempts, 76 FT Made, 88.4 FT%,
17.6 pts per game
3.34 Assists a game, .82 Steals a game, 3 Blocks on the season

Locure:
23 games, 423 FG Attempts, 188 FG Made, 44.4 FG%,
140 3pt Attempts, 46 3pt Made, 32.9 3pt%
198 FT Attempts, 166 FT Made, 83.8 FT%
25.6 pts per game
7.26 Assists a game, 3 Steals a game, 7 Blocks on the season
That's all well and good, but how tall was JBo as a sophomore?

GO HAWKS!!!

That's all well and good, but how tall was JBo as a sophomore?

GO HAWKS!!!

Not so much how tall, but how developed was his body (we know the answer to the question because JBo was still developing his body his senior year). Locure isn't tall, but I think high major colleges are probably worried about if his body is fully developed, because at 5'10 you have to be really really good to play at that level.

From what I've read there was some concerns about Locure's defensive effort, attitude, and shot selection. Those are all things that could improve with maturity.

I think we offer Locure eventually, and I'm intrigued by his handles and quickness, but I have no issues with Fran's approach here.

Last edited:
Not so much how tall, but how developed was his body (we know the answer to the question because JBo was still developing his body his senior year). Locure isn't tall, but I think high major colleges are probably worried about if his body is fully developed, because at 5'10 you have to be really really good to play at that level.

From what I've read there was some concerns about Locure's defensive effort, attitude, and shot selection. Those are all things that could improve with maturity.

I think we offer Locure eventually, and I'm intrigued by his handles and quickness, but I have no issues with Fran's approach here.
My point. If you don't have the talent of a Tyler Ulis, you need something else. Does Locure have that? I don't know. I hope so., but I'll let Fran and his team make that decision.

GO HAWKS!!!

I think it's funny that people think Jordan can't dunk. 1. He doesn't need to and 2. Of course he can.

Doesn't surprise me. They questioned whether Woodbury could dunk!
Woodbury needed a running head start to do it I think. When standing under the hoop I don't think he could go up with two hands off two feet and do it. He NEVER did that in a game despite a ton of chances. Cook can just turn rise and throw it down of either foot both feet and either hand.
Jordan I can't say for sure if I think he can dunk or not. I don't know if I've ever seen him try maxing out his leaping ability. One thing is for sure. If he can improve his lateral quickness and leaping ability along with strength it'll only help him at both ends of the floor.

Latest posts