'18 Athletic Department Study Showed Serious Racial Bias in Iowa Football

Bgold is an asshole

Nah, I have a brain and think for myself. Most of the people clamoring for KF and BF to be ousted don’t. We now have a former player crying for change of leadership and oppression of an assistant coach with absolutely nothing to defend this claim. That coaching position is currently occupied by another black assistant mind you. What a time to be alive...

As you can imagine, I didn't spend any time on that site when it was brought to my attention last week or click on another story wanting to focus on the media. I'll ask KMM about it.

Nah, I have a brain and think for myself. Most of the people clamoring for KF and BF to be ousted don’t. We now have a former player crying for change of leadership and oppression of an assistant coach with absolutely nothing to defend this claim. That coaching position is currently occupied by another black assistant mind you. What a time to be alive...
What's the most hilarious about this whole thing is that you continue to stick around on a website where you hate the content, the ownership, and the operator. You literally do nothing but come here and bitch about the coverage, yet you can't bring yourself to leave, lol.

You're like a baby who lost his pacifier, but won't take a new one when he's offered it because he'd rather just sit there and scream so he can have attention. Only a baby has a decent excuse for doing that.

Last edited:
As you can imagine, I didn't spend any time on that site when it was brought to my attention last week or click on another story wanting to focus on the media. I'll ask KMM about it.
Hasn't the drama level over the past 4 months reached a level where you'd rather just go apply at a manufacturing place or car dealership or something? I mean holy shit, there's no way you could possibly enjoy this job anymore.

I just found out about it myself last week too, but I guess it's been up for a couple years. I'm not on Twitter, and don't follow HN on Facebook either, but I read some of the comments responding to your July 20. All the dumb shit that is getting hurled your way is crazy. Anyways, one of their writers was tooting their own horn there. There isn't any good journalism happening over there. Unfortunately, I wasted five minutes browsing on their site before I came to this realization.

I also saw JDM's long comment which was unexpected, but appreciated. I was wondering if you've heard from him lately and wanted to hear his thoughts about everything going on.

KMM told me he no longer is connected to that website.

I'm happy to hear this, because I always thought KMM was a pretty stand-up guy. He should definitely tell the founder to remove his name from the About page.

Last edited:
Jon and I have been friends for over 20 years. We stay in regular contact.

He's been moving from OK back to KC, so he's got a lot going on. We talked last week.

Hasn't the drama level over the past 4 months reached a level where you'd rather just go apply at a manufacturing place or car dealership or something? I mean holy shit, there's no way you could possibly enjoy this job anymore.

Lol, this rich coming from you. Is @BFryowa your twitter handle?

Lol, this rich coming from you. Is @BFryowa your twitter handle?
So you're not going to reply to post 106? About how you do nothing but bitch about how bad HN and Rob suck, but you keep coming back?

It's like you're playing hard to get, only no one's trying to get you.

So you're not going to reply to post 106? About how you do nothing but bitch about how bad HN and Rob suck, but you keep coming back?

It's like you're playing hard to get, only no one's trying to get you.

I meant to quote post 106, although there's no question so I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for beyond my original response.

So just to make sure I'm following most of this correctly. We've established that Rob has an agenda and has some personal vendetta against KF and the staff and needs to keep it related to football. So to support the belief that our coaching staff would never do so a thing and these are narratives are false, posters have taken it upon themselves to personally attack Rob.

Makes absolute sense to me.

I’m not sure how someone (an Iowa media member) knowing about alleged racism yet publicly defending those individuals until it came to light is not part of the story.

Have you ever tried The Athletic?

There are some opinion pieces by Dochterman but for the most part things are kept to Iowa sports. Not a lot of political angles in the Iowa stories. I think that might be a better fit for you than this site or and particularly the message board.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried The Athletic?

There are some opinion pieces there by Dochterman but for the most part things there are kept to Iowa sports. Not a lot of political angles there in the Iowa stories. I think that might be a better fit for you than this site or and particularly the message board.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve been meaning to give The Athletic a try. I’ve always enjoyed appreciated Doc’s even keeled outlook.