#17 Iowa at Purdont Game Thread

That’s some of the worst home town officiating ever.

Hannah still hits a layup, it’s a 1 point game with 39 seconds to go.

The rims at that gym are terrible too, they are way to hard for college basketball standards.

Get a fast 3 and a foul.

Another disappointing season. Question? Why do you replace your best player with a player with no offensive skill set? Baffles me. This team is just plain fools gold. We don't have another go to player on this but Megan. sad

The refs decided this game. Purdue is gifted 7 points from the foul line. Iowa could have finished with better defense, but the calls by the refs were terrible.

Big 10 road refs are the worst, missed foul and travel calls against Purdont all game long, then non sense foul calls against Megan and Amanda at critical junctures. They should not be so terribly inconsistent.

Big 10 road refs are the worst, missed foul and travel calls against Purdont all game long, then non sense foul calls against Megan and Amanda at critical junctures. They should not be so terribly inconsistent.

Did the refs shoot 2 for 17 from three too?

The call on Amanda was absurd. She is face guarding a player on the sidelines almost at midcourt and the under the basket official calls her an unsportsman like foul for what was essentially a hand check. A play at least 25 feet from the ball and not effecting the inbounds play. Every loose ball scramble in the 4th quarter ended up a foul on Iowa and it cost them Megan. You cannot foul someone out on bad calls like that. Megan was fouled way more than were called and she shoots 2 FT's. I rarely blame officials and Iowa clearly had things (rebounding for one) they needed to do better, but they were definitely screwed today.

Hawks need 1 more scorer and they would be unstoppable. But I guess we don't have one from the looks of the substitutions. Unreal. So much for hosting the NCAA tourney. Feel sorry for Megan.

I swear ... every time I tune to an Iowa womens' game they just choke it away.

bad play -- can't screen out a FT shooter who gets a rebound and makes a basket that changed the end of the game.

bad coaching -- with 34 seconds Bluder decides to let Purdue run the clock down to 12 seconds and when they start to run their play, then has one of Iowa's players foul a 49% FT shooter 33' from the basket without the ball.

duh, intentional (unsportsmanlike) foul. 2 shots and the ball back and Bluder pretends she's surprised they call it.

just bad coaching. and please, block out the FT shooter like you're taught in 6th grade.

Did the refs shoot 2 for 17 from three too?
No the refs didn't shoot poorly for Iowa; however you are allowed to win games even when you shoot badly and this is one Iowa played better than Purdue, but the refs made a series of poor calls that changed the course of the game.

The call on Amanda was absurd. She is face guarding a player on the sidelines almost at midcourt and the under the basket official calls her an unsportsman like foul for what was essentially a hand check. A play at least 25 feet from the ball and not effecting the inbounds play. Every loose ball scramble in the 4th quarter ended up a foul on Iowa and it cost them Megan. You cannot foul someone out on bad calls like that. Megan was fouled way more than were called and she shoots 2 FT's. I rarely blame officials and Iowa clearly had things (rebounding for one) they needed to do better, but they were definitely screwed today.
That was dirt bag call. Iowa gets a ton of those calls against them. I'm just numb to them anymore. Megan should of been on the line shooting free throws almost on every possession. Just can't count on the officials. Need to keep scoring. Hannah needs to make 100 layups before she can go home after each practice.

Latest posts