#16 Iowa @ #21 msu Game Thread

They are good players, they deserve a fair shake from the refs.
Let me put it this way. The Hawks are playing like a well oiled machine. Nice crisp passing, running the offense to perfection and playing great defense with ease. Cue the Jaws music...……..here comes Lexie and now you start to hear the wheels get squeaky. The flow has slowed to a snails pace and you hold your breath for the inevitable. The wheels start to wobble and then...….BOOM they fall off. The lead has evaporated along with the confidence. The offense which was a well oiled machine has seized up and the defense is a step behind. Now they know they have fallen apart and someone needs to make a play and they start to get out of position on defense and get into foul trouble. Soooooo here comes Amanda with absolutely no offensive skills at all ( just when the Hawks need some help on offense ) to help freeze the wheels solid! You mean to tell me Monica, Tomi or Logan are worse! This is soley on the COACHES. If the starting 5 for the Hawks can't play a full quarter and take the other team completely out of the game physically and mentally then there's something very very wrong! You look at the top teams pro or college no matter if it's basketball or football they keep on pressing and deliver knockouts! Nope not this team. This is a very good Hawk tea and Lisa is blowing a very good opportunity with this team. Watch the body language and expressions on the faces of the Hawks and they will tell you when to call timeout! Lisa always waits way to long to stop the momentum of the opponents. Watch Marylands coach. She'll call it Immediately! I like Lisa but she needs to start stepping up and helping this team out. I'd put Lexie and Amanda clear down on the end of the bench and let some of these other ladies have a shot at it. They sure couldn't do any worse.

Let me put it this way. The Hawks are playing like a well oiled machine. Nice crisp passing, running the offense to perfection and playing great defense with ease. Cue the Jaws music...……..here comes Lexie and now you start to hear the wheels get squeaky. The flow has slowed to a snails pace and you hold your breath for the inevitable. The wheels start to wobble and then...….BOOM they fall off. The lead has evaporated along with the confidence. The offense which was a well oiled machine has seized up and the defense is a step behind. Now they know they have fallen apart and someone needs to make a play and they start to get out of position on defense and get into foul trouble. Soooooo here comes Amanda with absolutely no offensive skills at all ( just when the Hawks need some help on offense ) to help freeze the wheels solid! You mean to tell me Monica, Tomi or Logan are worse! This is soley on the COACHES. If the starting 5 for the Hawks can't play a full quarter and take the other team completely out of the game physically and mentally then there's something very very wrong! You look at the top teams pro or college no matter if it's basketball or football they keep on pressing and deliver knockouts! Nope not this team. This is a very good Hawk tea and Lisa is blowing a very good opportunity with this team. Watch the body language and expressions on the faces of the Hawks and they will tell you when to call timeout! Lisa always waits way to long to stop the momentum of the opponents. Watch Marylands coach. She'll call it Immediately! I like Lisa but she needs to start stepping up and helping this team out. I'd put Lexie and Amanda clear down on the end of the bench and let some of these other ladies have a shot at it. They sure couldn't do any worse.
So the incredibly pourous perimeter defence was Lisa's fault?

So the incredibly pourous perimeter defence was Lisa's fault?
Yep like I said all the momentum left and the body language tells you that. This team can't come back offensively or defensively with the line up of Lexie, Amanda, Hannah and Doyle or Mac. When you have to huge liabilities of Amanda and Lexie in the game at the same time it sucks the life out of the team. All is lost. No continuity on either end of the floor. They start getting out of position not to mention the confidence has long been lost. When that happens mentally the games is lost. The defense has flown out the window.

Last week I got to watch the same thing happen against Drake. All you need to do is watch every game and you'll see it. Against Drake last week Amanda caught the ball on the block and passed back out to the perimeter. Ok you say what's wrong with that? Amanda was WIDE open! All she had to do was turn and make a layup! There's no offensive skill set for her period. When your down 10 I don't think that's the player you want on the floor. This game came to a screeching halt on both ends of the floor. What did the coaches do about it? MSU made one change and that won the game for them. The Hawks made NO changes and lost big time!

While I'm at it I might as well point out another flaw. Hannah is a complimentary player. She works fantastic with another big on the floor. So why is she out there by herself? Why isn't Monica on the floor with her and keep rolling along. Why make drastic changes to your offense for the detriment of the team. Hannah and Megan work great together but when Megan leaves the game the post play has disappeared. You don't think other coaches don't recognize these things? They sure do!

Coach Bluder is a hall of fame coach, big 10 coy winner, big 10 championship coach, etc. I have also spoken with her in the past I am confident that I wouldn’t want anyone else coaching the team. If I thought that fans could do better I would encourage them to apply for the job, and try to achieve that level of success. I am a former team captain myself, if I thought I could do better I would. They see these players at practice every day, I have no need to question them since I don’t. The problem today is not with the rotation or the coaches, it’s with the officiating. Just count the number of times that #33 fouled Megan Gustafson alone that were not called and that would have been enough to turn the game.

Coach Bluder is a hall of fame coach, big 10 coy winner, big 10 championship coach, etc. I have also spoken with her in the past I am confident that I wouldn’t want anyone else coaching the team. If I thought that fans could do better I would encourage them to apply for the job, and try to achieve that level of success. I am a former team captain myself, if I thought I could do better I would. They see these players at practice every day, I have no need to question them since I don’t. The problem today is not with the rotation or the coaches, it’s with the officiating. Just count the number of times that #33 fouled Megan Gustafson alone that were not called and that would have been enough to turn the game.
Clinton hang in there buddy. For once take off the Lisa Bluders bunch glasses and check it out. HOF coaches does not entitle you to be great forever. I like Lisa but she is not coaching to her best ability. Just stop and look for once without blaming the officials all the time. Sometimes a coach gets hung up with their thinking or are to stubborn to look at what is going on. If you don't think some of my suggestions or all of them have any merit that's fine but don't give me all that crap of the practice stuff. We heard for years the J. O. was a fabulous 3 point shooter in practice but when game time came he never could hit the broad side of a barn! Does that mean he should of played all the time or do you try someone else? I'm just as big of fan as you are but this team is not reaching it's potential.

Clinton hang in there buddy. For once take off the Lisa Bluders bunch glasses and check it out. HOF coaches does not entitle you to be great forever. I like Lisa but she is not coaching to her best ability. Just stop and look for once without blaming the officials all the time. Sometimes a coach gets hung up with their thinking or are to stubborn to look at what is going on. If you don't think some of my suggestions or all of them have any merit that's fine but don't give me all that crap of the practice stuff. We heard for years the J. O. was a fabulous 3 point shooter in practice but when game time came he never could hit the broad side of a barn! Does that mean he should of played all the time or do you try someone else? I'm just as big of fan as you are but this team is not reaching it's potential.
100% correct!

All you do is whine about the officials after every loss in football or basketball. You are worse than an Iowa State fan.

Last edited:
let me guess .... another big opportunity by another Iowa team to make a statement and ....

it must be the water in IC