#14 Iowa vs #7 Maryland Game Thread

I am so happy that I braved the snow to see this day. It was the most significant victory for this program in a long time. All 10,716 of us, except for about 25 Maryland fans were loud and into the game the entire time. It was a tremendous experience. Now for lunch, and a long snowy drive home.

I am so happy that I braved the snow to see this day. It was the most significant victory for this program in a long time. All 10,716 of us, except for about 25 Maryland fans were loud and into the game the entire time. It was a tremendous experience. Now for lunch, and a long snowy drive home.
Thanks for the great job with the game thread. Have a safe trip home. Still have some unfinished business to take care of, and it's off to Indiana for another tough road game. Again Thanks.

Just got here, guys. I don’t see Wieskamp or Cook warming up; are they probably getting ankles taped and stuff?

Kriener just walked by me in street clothes; that shot to the face the other night must have put him on the disabled list for a couple games. Weird that he’s not sitting in the bench with the team, maybe he’ll walk down there after tip.

Actually, they were all there. Wieskamp got an enormous ovation during the "smile came"; it embarassed the Hell out of him, and it was a great moment. His teammates were really giving him the business.

I know you are just giving @ClintonIAfan a hard time, but the Iowa men's team clearly appreciates this amazing women's team, you should give them a watch. Currently the top team in the B1G, just defeated #7 Maryland in front of an 11,000 strong crowd, they have the greatest player in Hawkeye history, and they are loads of fun. One more home game (senior day, March 3, 3:00pm vs. NW).

It's funny how girls catch the ball, jump for no reason (travel) then shoot.

Just a little extra momentum and stretch-shortening cycle into the shot. It is pretty rampant throughout HS and college ball, but refs have just decided they are not going to call it. A bit weird.

What exactly were they doing defensively? They were clearly leaving several MD players unguarded, but I never did quite pick up what they were doing. I don't think MD did, either, they looked confused throughout.

I usually give Lexie a hard time about her passing on the block and her To's but I must give Lexie a lot of props today because she did a fantastic job today. When Lexie nailed the 3 pointer in the fourth quarter Maryland got pretty dejected. Great job today Lexie and also by the rest of the Hawks! Didn't see any knitting needles today.

Actually, they were all there. Wieskamp got an enormous ovation during the "smile came"; it embarassed the Hell out of him, and it was a great moment. His teammates were really giving him the business.

I know you are just giving @ClintonIAfan a hard time, but the Iowa men's team clearly appreciates this amazing women's team, you should give them a watch. Currently the top team in the B1G, just defeated #7 Maryland in front of an 11,000 strong crowd, they have the greatest player in Hawkeye history, and they are loads of fun. One more home game (senior day, March 3, 3:00pm vs. NW).

Yeah that was great to see. Did you also notice Fran and the team in the tunnel watching most of the last quarter before they went off to practice?

Really good crowd today. And Gustafson had like 2 points at the end of the first quarter but ended with 31 and didn't get much rest. She just took over.

Here is an article on Megan Gustafson in the Washington Post

3UOIB3RQMII6TB4BOY3BT4JMWQ.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...te-college-basketball/?utm_term=.d4a25d0badd2

National recognition for Megan.....

Alright, Alright, Alright

:cool:

Should not be watching IN vs. PUR as a pregame warmup. I’m already pissed at the refs for our game...from watching this blood bath.