That is amazing but they have proved it. The defense has totally shut people down and the offense is gaining lots of yards and scoring a good # of points.

If they get healthy and play like they have the first 3 big 10 games they should be 11-0 when going to Lincoln. Hey Wisky, Illinois, and jNW are all 3 better than Maryland, Indy, Purdue, and Minny.

So you're telling me a 1 loss team is higher ranked than an undefeated team who drubbed the team that beat the one loss team?

Idiocracy is upon us

Ok, I've been holding off on buying in on this team after the last few years, but after this week's performance, I'm in from here on out.

HOCKS - you stole my thunder. Okie State is a paper cowboy, and Stanford would get beaten like a drum by Wisconsin, Iowa, and NW again. And to add to the irony, when Iowa is blowing out most of their remaining schedule, the Hawks will leapfrog four or five of the teams in front of them.

I think that the Hawks are vetter than - Okie St., TCU, Clemson, FSU, Utah, MSU, ND, and Stanford. They have a puncher's chance with OSU, Bama, and Baylor.

LSU might be the best team in the country, and it would be strength on strength, but without Ott they would have the edge.

In other words, looking at the rankings, I think Iowa is #5, and I think LSU is #1.

#13 in coaches
#12 in AP

Weird part is Stanford is 2 spots higher than Iowa in both polls. Stanford is a team that lost to NW. Iowa of course is undefeated with a blow out win against NW.

Iowa did jump 5 spots in 1 week though, and will continue to rise if they keep winning. so no need to get greedy.

Love the 12 and I am believing in this team. Have a hard to accepting that we are not #10 over a team that got beat at home that we just dominated on the road.

The teams ranked ahead of Iowa seem to me to be overall more athletic that iowa. However, line up with them and we'll see. They run the ball, small gain. QB dropps back, nobody open... punt. funny over the years I've seen Iowa team show up against teams like that and suddenly they're just another opponent.

I duno. Enjoy the ride folx.

iowa doesn't play this weekend - so can't lose (not saying they would)- i'd bet a team or two ranked higher will lose........just went thru every teams schedule ranked higher......maybe i'm wrong that a team will lose! :) tennessee alabama i think is the game where a ranked team gets beat - all the rest seem to have games they should win...

That's the trouble with Iowa from here on out....winning won't elevate us, it'll merely keep us from falling....we'll have to depend on teams above us losing for us to move up.

Then again, it worked last year for OSU....why not for us this year?

That's the trouble with Iowa from here on out....winning won't elevate us, it'll merely keep us from falling....we'll have to depend on teams above us losing for us to move up.

Then again, it worked last year for OSU....why not for us this year?

and that is not just iowa's trouble. it's any team ranked beneath a team(s). and that is the bias of ranking so early in the season. but iowa controls it's own destiny - strength of schedule is good - if they continue to win, they will continue to elevate.

I'm on the ride. This team showed nothing but class and heart. They are tough and don't give a s*** about anything else other than the TEAM. Here we go now!!! Man this is a good feeling. Bye week comes at a critical time.

I"m being wayyyyy premature, and not to be a Debbie-downer, but, I can see where a 13-0 Iowa team doesn't make it to the playoffs. National bias, other teams not losing, etc.

I've long advocated for an 8-team playoff. More statistically relevant than 4 teams. (i.e. #9 team has much less of a b!tch than #5 team)
Seed the teams.
Give the higher seeded team a first round home game as a reward for a season of excellence (rewards the team, fans, keeps the money in town where it belongs anyway).

Latest posts