12 Iowa FB players in hospital?

Cyclones17

Anyone seen this?

Release: 12 Iowa football players recovering after being admitted to hospital Monday. Players' condition and identities won't be released

Twitter

Here's the press release.

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - Twelve University of Iowa football student-athletes are recovering after being admitted to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Monday evening.

A University of Iowa staff physician and football team physician confirmed Tuesday that the student-athletes were responding well to treatment.

“The student-athletes were admitted throughout the course of Monday evening,” said the UIHC staff physician. “All of the individuals are responding well to treatment as of Tuesday morning. All are in safe and stable condition. At this time we are not sure when any of the individuals will be discharged. Hospital discharge will be on a case by case basis.”

“Coach Kirk Ferentz is out of town recruiting, but he is aware of the situation and is being kept abreast of the progress being made,” said Gary Barta, UI director of athletics. “Our No. 1 concern is the safety of our student-athletes, so we are pleased with the positive feedback. Our next step is to find out what happened so we can avoid this happening in the future.”

Individual medical conditions, or identity of the student athletes, will not be released. The UI expects no further comment at this time.

My WAG would be food poisoning.

Yeah, being admitted during the course of the day certainly makes it seem like an illness such as that. I was worried it was a major accident or something (though I suppose it could be possible).

I just kind of find it odd the University says they don't plan on revealing the reason this happened.

If it's something minor like food poisoning, why not just tell us? Why leave everyone confused about the situation.

Hopefully everything is ok. Was a scary tweet to see and I thought maybe I had missed something as I have been out all day.

I just kind of find it odd the University says they don't plan on revealing the reason this happened.

If it's something minor like food poisoning, why not just tell us? Why leave everyone confused about the situation.

Legally they can't say. If the players gave them permission to do so, then it would be okay. But it's under doctor-patient confidentiality unless the patient allows for the release of the information.

My WAG is a flu that has been getting around that is actually a stomach virus and is very contagious,dehydrating and lasts 10-14 days. I'm at home with it now.

Yeah because the U of I has never done that before.

Yeah, being admitted during the course of the day certainly makes it seem like an illness such as that. I was worried it was a major accident or something (though I suppose it could be possible).

Usually when its a group of people like that and all at once its usually something like that or tainted drugs.

I hope those 12 FB players didn't go pick up some of Flavor Flav's fried chicken and that was the problem.... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYY

I hope those 12 FB players didn't go pick up some of Flavor Flav's fried chicken and that was the problem.... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYY
Someone was taken out on a stretcher while eating there
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN72mHtuj-0]YouTube - Flavor Flavs Chicken In Clinton Iowa[/ame]

My WAG is a flu that has been getting around that is actually a stomach virus and is very contagious,dehydrating and lasts 10-14 days. I'm at home with it now.
Get off the computer and stop spreading your disease to us! :) Gell well.

My 2 year old daughter is recovering from that same flu. Ugly seeing a 2 year old puking and going #2 uncontrollably.

Latest posts