117 Open Container Tickets

Good post H8!

Iowa tax dollars at work. Just what you should expect since you already spent $500 on merchandise to support our team, $1000 on tickets / food and then get to the game and are handed another ticket for drinking a beer 2 feet from the "accepted" place.

This is exactly what they want, suck more money out of your pocket so we can all feel good about how "nice" our atmosphere is. I might even bring some seeds next week and plant flowers along Melrose so we can all sing Kumbaya together while the liberals take our money and the Iowa footbal team starts kissing our opponents! This is big ten football, not some nambi pambi sport that doesn't keep score, get mad people, stand up!

Good post H8!

Iowa tax dollars at work. Just what you should expect since you already spent $500 on merchandise to support our team, $1000 on tickets / food and then get to the game and are handed another ticket for drinking a beer 2 feet from the "accepted" place.

This is exactly what they want, suck more money out of your pocket so we can all feel good about how "nice" our atmosphere is. I might even bring some seeds next week and plant flowers along Melrose so we can all sing Kumbaya together while the liberals take our money and the Iowa footbal team starts kissing our opponents! This is big ten football, not some nambi pambi sport that doesn't keep score, get mad people, stand up!

You know why they were busted? They Only spent a $1000 for tickets. That does NOT get you invited to drink in the "accepted" area. You have to spend more than that. It is worth it too, you don't get harrassed. :cool:

So 117 our of 70,000+ fans. That's a pretty low percentage.

It's pretty easy not to get caught. Don't walk down Melrose with a beer in your hand. Finish it up before you leave your tailgate spot and you're good to go.

Is this even a real big jump in tickets? I wonder how many they gave out for the opener last year. I would of thought they were giving that amount out anyways. How many did Ames have?

I'm not sure if I believe these numbers. Only 12 under age drinking tickets were handed out? I know I saw at least one. I highly doubt only 11 more were handed out.

I'm not sure if I believe these numbers. Only 12 under age drinking tickets were handed out? I know I saw at least one. I highly doubt only 11 more were handed out.

Just because you saw one doesn't mean that a low number couldn't happen....

Just because you saw one doesn't mean that a low number couldn't happen....

Very well could be true but I just find that number to be really, really low. Especially when they stated one of their main focuses in the new rules was to stop underage drinking. It was the first week I don't think they would scare the students so much they wouldn't even try to drink now if they are <21 while tailgating.

The liberals are behind this??!!! I thought it was the dang conservatives wanting to get back to good ol'fashion family values and have us only drinking Shasta pop instead of barley pop! Geesh....if it's not the liberals or conservatives it must be the independents. :rolleyes:

To clarify my wondering on the number being as low as it was. Does this number include university police, ICPD, Johnson county, and various other police departments. Or is it just the ICPD. If it is all the departments that's a low number and a bit surprising. But how the article reads it may just be the ICPD tickets.

Since the police in University Heights aren't going to enforce the open container law everybody should just walk across the bridge, stare over into IC, and crack open a beer.

Were they really just handing out tickets or were peole being stupid about it? We were walking out of Finkbine and were told to just put them down. Didn't say a word, put it down and walked away. This dude that got arrested is just a moron.

Since the police in University Heights aren't going to enforce the open container law everybody should just walk across the bridge, stare over into IC, and crack open a beer.

That's great for the rest of us, I'm still worried about the <0.16% of fans that don't. We should offer free sterilization to those who get open containers on Melrose, they shouldn't be procreating!

Latest posts