100 Days and Counting

It's been a solid 100 days for McCaffrey. I am about as excited as I can be before seeing the team on the court.

The more interviews I see of McCaffrey the more he impresses me. I hope it continutes. More importantly, I hope it translates into success on the court.

It's been a solid 100 days for McCaffrey. I am about as excited as I can be before seeing the team on the court.

The more interviews I see of McCaffrey the more he impresses me. I hope it continutes. More importantly, I hope it translates into success on the court.

It will. Fans just need to be patient. It will take him 3 to 4 years. This team has no talent this year and will probably have a similar record to last year

You must be a hard core basketball fan when your counting down the days for the first basketball game of a team that finished 10-22 the year before. Especially considering you have a BCS bowl champ football team starting in less than 2 months. :D

You must be a hard core basketball fan when your counting down the days for the first basketball game of a team that finished 10-22 the year before. Especially considering you have a BCS bowl champ football team starting in less than 2 months. :D

I agree... but you must not have read the article.

;)

I read the article and all I got is that Fran thinks he's hired four great assistants...

Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited.

But until I see his product on the court, all I know so far is that he has some talented colleagues.

I read the article and all I got is that Fran thinks he's hired four great assistants...

Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited.

But until I see his product on the court, all I know so far is that he has some talented colleagues.

This post needs a "Show Me State" on the license plate...

Just playin'...but it's ok to be excited about the future without seeing it firsthand.

This post needs a "Show Me State" on the license plate...

Just playin'...but it's ok to be excited about the future without seeing it firsthand.

:)

My point was that there was nothing in the article that really did anything for me. Yeah, it's great to read niceties about your guys going to battle, but...

AND, I hope you've already started thinking of something great for your upcoming 4,000th post. Talk about getting excited...better be good!! :)

:)

My point was that there was nothing in the article that really did anything for me. Yeah, it's great to read niceties about your guys going to battle, but...

AND, I hope you've already started thinking of something great for your upcoming 4,000th post. Talk about getting excited...better be good!! :)

Haha...the only thing I'm thinking about in regards to 4,000 is..."Am I officially a loser when I hit it???"...because in all seriousness, there has to be more proof of my "loserness" all over the place deep within those 4000 posts! :eek:

Haha...the only thing I'm thinking about in regards to 4,000 is..."Am I officially a loser when I hit it???"...because in all seriousness, there has to be more proof of my "loserness" all over the place deep within those 4000 posts! :eek:

No, no, no....I get on this board multiple times a day but I typically keep my jack-*** thoughts to myself. ;)

I don't know what you do for a living, but if you're not in the media or writing blogs or something, you should.

It will. Fans just need to be patient. It will take him 3 to 4 years. This team has no talent this year and will probably have a similar record to last year

I agree. I have a feeling that being patient with Fran will be much less painful than it was with TL because of the style of play and an improving team though.

No, no, no....I get on this board multiple times a day but I typically keep my jack-*** thoughts to myself. ;)

I don't know what you do for a living, but if you're not in the media or writing blogs or something, you should.

Thanks for the kind words Scott...they're MUCH appreciated! If anyone ever decides to pay me for my thoughts, I'll definitely let the board know where to find me!

Don't talk about your Cyclones like that... or Iowa either. I am optimously pessimistic at this year's team.

Basically feel like I am going to be watching the 2000 version of Iowa football.

Seriously, "no talent?" Hey, how many "players" does ISU have on their roster? The group of players that Iowa has brought in this offseason, including all the walk-ons are better than the current ISU roster, but that is really an insult to the Iowa players, so sorry. Your "savior" Hoiturd has quite the job ahead of him. People think the Iowa program is in shambles...take a look in Ames and just duck with all the chaos that is still going on.
The only way Iowa has a similar record to last year is if they have a poor non-conference. The Big Ten will be more brutal than last year and if the Hawks have a similar record or improve by a couple wins, I will be jumping for joy. Yes, Coach Fran has some work to do, but with the Freshman, Cartwright and the Walk-ons that can actually play, Iowa is on a great path to good things sooner rather than later. I think Year 2 will surprise a lot of people. With a solid non-conference season, Iowa will have a shot at the NIT this season. I am giving Coach Fran and the new players the benefit of the doubt on this, there is more talent there then what people want to believe, the only problem is experience, but given Iowa's schedule the youngsters will get that early.
Coach Fran is infusing athleticism back into the Iowa roster and is creating excitement by what he says and what the fans have seen from his past teams...what footage can ISU show their fans of the "Savior?" Just one thing, his playing days...that should create quite the stir.
"Ignorance is Bliss" that pretty much sums up most ISU fans I know.

Latest posts