10 wins

I don't know. Even with a competent OC, I still think there is a real talent gap between Iowa and the three headed monster in the East. It would have taken a lot to beat PSU in Happy Valley and we would still be a double digit dog against Michigan.

But, we certainly would have had a legitimate shot to win both of those games with any semblance of an offense, I agree.
Yeah. OSU and MICH are a two headed monster. PSU: I could be off base, but I just do not think they are all that great. This year, yes. They beat up on us. But, we had no offense and that was the difference imho. I can't remember exactly, but don't we have a pretty decent record against them? I would say they have underachieved given the recruiting available to them and the overall talent they have. I think their coach is a problem for them.

They posted an interesting stat that is shows what a special group and team this is. Since 2000, they inquired what the most wins were for a team that averaged 250 yards or less. It was UCF in 2006 with 4 wins!!! 10 wins is 10 wins in any conference.

If you look at next year, our offense looks to be fairly intact. I think we lose one offensive lineman? IF there is improvement on the line, I think the offense will take big strides.

With our trio of talented running backs, Cade, Lachey, Ostrenga, and All, the emergence of Kaleb Brown and progression of Vines and Anderson, I would hope there is improvement.

Defense is going to need a bit more of an overhaul, but Parker seems to have a knack for plugging guys into his system (Ex Jay Higgins).

I think KF sticks around. I don't expect any sort of radical changes on offense, but hopefully a bit more efficient.

Yeah. OSU and MICH are a two headed monster. PSU: I could be off base, but I just do not think they are all that great. This year, yes. They beat up on us. But, we had no offense and that was the difference imho. I can't remember exactly, but don't we have a pretty decent record against them? I would say they have underachieved given the recruiting available to them and the overall talent they have. I think their coach is a problem for them.
I think PSU was very good but not great. Even with our offense at full strength and not shooting itself in the foot, we lose that game 8 out of 10 times. If it was in IC, odds might be more reasonable.

IMHO, there is OSU and Michigan on one plane of existence. A full step down from them is PSU. A half a step down from PSU is Iowa. The remaining 10 teams are various smells of garbage. Seriously, who is next after Iowa? NW? Maryland? Uggg.

What is Iowa's best win (so far)?
I would rank the wins in this order
1. Beating Rutgers (6-6) 22-0
2. @wisc (7-5)
3. NW (7-5) @ Wrigley
4. @iowa St (7-5)
5. @Neb (5-7)
6. ILL (5-7)
7. Mich St (4-8)
8. Pur (4-8)

You could argue beating Wisc, NW, ISU on the road was more impressive than beating Rutgers at home. I just thought Iowa was the most dominant against Rutgers.

At Iowa State. They played some decent ball this year, including just knocking off KState in Manhatten. Think of it this way, if Iowa State would have won that game against Iowa at home, they are 8-4 and probably a fringe Top 25 team. Wisconsin is second for me, but they were very bad at times this year and winning 7 games in the West is not as good as winning 7 in the Big 12 IMHO.

I would rank the wins in this order
1. Beating Rutgers (6-6) 22-0
2. @wisc (7-5)
3. NW (7-5) @ Wrigley
4. @iowa St (7-5)
5. @Neb (5-7)
6. ILL (5-7)
7. Mich St (4-8)
8. Pur (4-8)

You could argue beating Wisc, NW, ISU on the road was more impressive than beating Rutgers at home. I just thought Iowa was the most dominant against Rutgers.

I would move the NW win up one spot, maybe 2.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't quite understand all of the fear with the four new teams coming in from the PAC-12. For years, that conference has been a laughing stock. They haven't made a playoff since when, 2016?

They've had a very good year this season, no doubt about it. And we have benefited by having a schedule heavy with average/poor B1G West division teams. The schedule will be more difficult. But we will adjust. Not saying that we'll compete for league championships because I think that bar is very high. Beating 17 other teams is very difficult for any team.

But these four newcomers are not going to just steamroll the entire B1G. Oregon will probably stay very good and maybe for a long time. The others? I don't see it. They will come back to earth. Iowa will be just fine.
You completely miss the point. The point is - the days of dodging the best teams in conference are over. We’ll likely play 2-3 heavys per year… most years. If you think Iowa plays a joke preseason schedule now, you haven’t seen anything yet

Umm…they literally have two of the absolute best teams in the nation squaring up tonight with the winner headed for the playoff. I get being a homer, but wow
Stay in your lane, the original argument was most P5 conferences only have 2 good teams. Thanks for proving my point. If you say Arizona is a good team, you're wrong

The Pac12 has a lot??? LFMAO shut the F up already.

In the Sagarin football rankings there are 6 pack 12 teams ranked higher than Iowa

Iowa has the 59th hardest schedule in the nation when I looked last week.

I'll adjust my original statement for you - \

The Big Ten East is one of the top 3 conferences for sure.

The Big ten West is a toilet bowl - especially with Wisconsin down.

I think the big ten has won 2 championships in the last 25 years?

The big ten is certainly one of the top 3 conferences... but yeah ill stick to be objective.

You can cry and swear at me and act like a little child.

Stay in your lane, the original argument was most P5 conferences only have 2 good teams. Thanks for proving my point. If you say Arizona is a good team, you're wrong
Maybe not great but why isn't Arizona good? I wouldn't want to play them. Define good. Like Wash. and Oregon are playoff level. OSU and Michigan are playoff level. Playoff level is more than good. So, teams right after to that like Arizona, Ole' Miss, Penn State are not good? Unless your "good" only means top tier.

Latest posts