10 wins

When Kirk does hang them IA Football will revert. I think they will anyways the next few even if he stays, but he's prob 2 wins better a season than his replacement will be. That being said, I don't care if Coop's punt return for TD stood up and they're 11-1 right now, Brian still needed to go.
Absolutely, if we had an offense we’re 12-0.

I'll take it. Obviously beat the teams you should. I would like to compete with the east and not have it be a blood bath though. Enjoy it fellas. Not going to be this way anymore with the expansion. Middle of the road till a offense identity is developed. Things will be harder for sure.

On top of everything else, we lose a HUGE chunk of our defense after this season. With NIL and transfers, I guess the impact could be mitigated, but if Phil manages to put together another season of dominant D next season he'll deserve a statue at Kinnick.

I'll take it. Obviously beat the teams you should. I would like to compete with the east and not have it be a blood bath though. Enjoy it fellas. Not going to be this way anymore with the expansion. Middle of the road till a offense identity is developed. Things will be harder for sure.
TBF they've taken strides this year toward an improved run game scheme. Now just need to continue improving and find a way to improve the passing game.

On top of everything else, we lose a HUGE chunk of our defense after this season. With NIL and transfers, I guess the impact could be mitigated, but if Phil manages to put together another season of dominant D next season he'll deserve a statue at Kinnick.

Harris and Schulte have a covid year, so if they come back, the secondary and D-line are in good shape. Entringer who has looked good filling in for Cooper on special teams is the front runner for the Cash spot. It gets dicey with the linebackers. Who will take over for Higgins and Jackson will be a huge question mark and how big of a drop off will it be.

The second half of this game certainly showed how correct Beth’s decision was despite the momentary flashes on offense we’ve seen the last couple weeks.

The Northwestern game should have told you that. One bullshit fair catch call and Beth’s decision becomes much more difficult.

Harris and Schulte have a covid year, so if they come back, the secondary and D-line are in good shape. Entringer who has looked good filling in for Cooper on special teams is the front runner for the Cash spot. It gets dicey with the linebackers. Who will take over for Higgins and Jackson will be a huge question mark and how big of a drop off will it be.
100% with you regarding Entringer. I've posted before that I think he is our next great CASH.

The Covid year is a bit of a wild card. I could see Harris coming back, but I doubt Schulte will (gut feeling).

We will lose Cooper, L. Lee, Evans, Higgins, Jackson and Castro. Rumors are that Black is about 50:50 regarding declaring. That's a ton of lost production for any program, especially a developmental program.

We will never be a bad defense under Phil but it's very hard to imagine that they will be able to maintain the level of success they've enjoyed the last two seasons.

100% with you regarding Entringer. I've posted before that I think he is our next great CASH.

The Covid year is a bit of a wild card. I could see Harris coming back, but I doubt Schulte will (gut feeling).

We will lose Cooper, L. Lee, Evans, Higgins, Jackson and Castro. Rumors are that Black is about 50:50 regarding declaring. That's a ton of lost production for any program, especially a developmental program.

We will never be a bad defense under Phil but it's very hard to imagine that they will be able to maintain the level of success they've enjoyed the last two seasons.
You just never know what a big NIL deal may do to sway a few of those guys back. I think I read that we have the 4th best NIL in the BIG. We can hope anyway.

If at the start of the year, I had told you...

We would lose Lachey for the season in game 3...

McNamara for the season in game 5...

All for the season in game 7 (and he would still lead the team in receiving)...

DeJean for the season after game 10...

We would finish dead last in the nation in yards/game...

We would finish the season with a negative turnover differential...

and, we would only have 22 sacks on the year...

How many wins would you have predicted?

If at the start of the year, I had told you...

We would lose Lachey for the season in game 3...

McNamara for the season in game 5...

All for the season in game 7 (and he would still lead the team in receiving)...

DeJean for the season after game 10...

We would finish dead last in the nation in yards/game...

We would finish the season with a negative turnover differential...

and, we would only have 22 sacks on the year...

How many wins would you have predicted?
Also our interceptions were way down this year.

How many did we have? Seven or eight tops?

Latest posts