10 wins

But that's about to change and so will our smoke and mirror win totals.
You're not an Iowa fan, why are you bothering to post this nattering negativity? We just polished off a ten win season, with almost no offense. Iowa fans are celebrating an amazing season and you're complaining the wins were insufficiently impressive; the opponents were weak, it was all just smoke and mirrors.

I pity people who don't know when les bons moments sont à nos portes.

You're not an Iowa fan, why are you bothering to post this nattering negativity? We just polished off a ten win season, with almost no offense. Iowa fans are celebrating an amazing season and you're complaining the wins were insufficiently impressive; the opponents were weak, it was all just smoke and mirrors.

I pity people who don't know when les bons moments sont à nos portes.
I was happy we won.. but I also can't lie to myself.

You don't need to pity me either - i gave up being upset a long time ago.

I just watch now and accept what I'm going to get.

TBF they've taken strides this year toward an improved run game scheme. Now just need to continue improving and find a way to improve the passing game.
Agreed, but they still need to stretch the run game horizontally and make defenses cover the field sideline to sideline. This team's run game improved inversely to the # of zone run plays called: the fewer zone runs, the better the run game became...what many of us have been calling for, for years.

Harris and Schulte have a covid year, so if they come back, the secondary and D-line are in good shape. Entringer who has looked good filling in for Cooper on special teams is the front runner for the Cash spot. It gets dicey with the linebackers. Who will take over for Higgins and Jackson will be a huge question mark and how big of a drop off will it be.
Can you believe Higgins had never started a game for Iowa before this fall? From week 1 he was calling defenses on the field like he'd been doing it for years...dude was an absolute conductor on every play, getting players into the correct position. We thought we'd never be able to replace Campbell after last season, and oops, his replacement will probably lead the BTen in tackles this year!
And for good measure, the Iowa DE Hurkett (?) said on his big INT at the end of today's game, that Higgins had noticed a Nebraska formation and audibled into the LB blitz/DE drop to the middle of the field prior to the snap. Higgins for President.

If at the start of the year, I had told you...

We would lose Lachey for the season in game 3...

McNamara for the season in game 5...

All for the season in game 7 (and he would still lead the team in receiving)...

DeJean for the season after game 10...

We would finish dead last in the nation in yards/game...

We would finish the season with a negative turnover differential...

and, we would only have 22 sacks on the year...

How many wins would you have predicted?
5...6 max.

Can you believe Higgins had never started a game for Iowa before this fall? From week 1 he was calling defenses on the field like he'd been doing it for years...dude was an absolute conductor on every play, getting players into the correct position. We thought we'd never be able to replace Campbell after last season, and oops, his replacement will probably lead the BTen in tackles this year!
And for good measure, the Iowa DE Hurkett (?) said on his big INT at the end of today's game, that Higgins had noticed a Nebraska formation and audibled into the LB blitz/DE drop to the middle of the field prior to the snap. Higgins for President.
Wow!

You are really a jerk, Champ.
We are an okay team.

We have a good defense - but we also play crappy competition

We played one decent team in conference and got curb stomped.

Can call me a jerk if you want, it's just reality.

I was cheering for the victory just like everyone else, but I'm not blind.

We are an okay team.

We have a good defense - but we also play crappy competition

We played one decent team in conference and got curb stomped.

Can call me a jerk if you want, it's just reality.

I was cheering for the victory just like everyone else, but I'm not blind.
If you believe the only victories that count are against OSU, MICH, and P SU, thank you for being clear. And, you know nothing about Power 5 football.

there are power conferences with more than 2 good teams

The Pac 12 has alot - and they about to join the big ten.

SEC has more than 2 as well.
The only good teams in the SEC are the one’s that beat Alabama and Georgia. The only good teams in the PAC 12 are Oregon and Washington. I just used your measuring stick. But, hey. Nice try.

I was happy we won.. but I also can't lie to myself.

You don't need to pity me either - i gave up being upset a long time ago.

I just watch now and accept what I'm going to get.
No one forces you to watch. Just watch something else if you're bored.

You are especially pitiable. If you are no longer joyous about Hawkeye success you are simply wasting your time. Creating levels of success that are not regularly, or even possible available to Iowa and then unsurprisingly complain when the impossible dream isn't realized. So sad.

Last edited:
The Northwestern game should have told you that. One bullshit fair catch call and Beth’s decision becomes much more difficult.
The fair catch call has zero to do with anything. It changed zero about the joke that is the iowa offense

The fair catch call has zero to do with anything. It changed zero about the joke that is the iowa offense
The most important statistic in football is wins and losses. Iowa's offense is not nearly as important as wins in a P5 conference, not how the wins happen. That call made the difference between 11-1, a fantastic finish for Iowa and 10-2, still quite outstanding. That is what prevented the 11-1, and possible 12-2 final record. If you don't grasp that concept, don't watch sports or anything competitive with winners and losers.

I heard somewhere that winning isn't everything it is the only thing. I share that sentiment.

Wins are what matter most, not the style of play. So, same question for you. If your first thought after wrapping up something that people said would never happen 3 years ago-win two out of three Division titles and 10 wins in 3 of the last 4 full seasons is complaint you aren't a fan. Abusive and insulting remarks for the coaches and teams that had that outstanding accomplishment express actual animosity.

You don't enjoy Iowa football. Your own words say you harbor animus for Iowa football and probably men's basketball. Take it easier on yourself. Avoid the frustration. Don't watch Iowa football or comment on Iowa football. You'll feel better and all the people that are just worn out by constant negativity will appreciate not seeing it.​

Last edited:

Latest posts