10-25-22 Press Conference Content

What am I saying that is "bullshit"?

You, by way of Twitter opinions, made the comparison of how KF handles the media to Hayden. I'm saying they are completely different. KF is backed into a corner, the football program is an embarrassment nationally and his son is playing a huge part and KF is pissed off. This never happened under Hayden. KF is dealing with questions over why his offense is historically bad and nepotism while Hayden got upset over a reporter setting high expectations for his football program. KF put down the reporters job while Hayden showed a great deal of respect towards those reporters even when he disagreed with them. Hayden used the media to deflect attention away from his players while KF is simply pissed off for being questioned and fueling the fire.
I agree he’s fueling the fire. We are disagreeing over 2 different things. All I said was that HF was notorious for going at the media and saying some outlandish stuff to and about them, their profession and their opinion. I didn’t attack Hayden. I know how he was known for his masterful play of the media. I’m Hawkeye fan in his 40’s. Now that it’s been turned into a completely different subject. HF and KF are way different personalities. I only said was this was a play from the Hayden’s playbook and he’s said worse. I never said they were the same situation, you’ve taken all that on by yourself.

Would you calm down...jeez! Unless you're female and look like Lily I don't have a hard on for you. You compared KF to Hayden and I disagreed with you, it happens, it certainly is not "shitting on you". I've done no name calling or belittled you, if you take my "digging in" comment as derogatory I apologize but you have a reputation for it on here. We've both been posting on here for years, at the end of the day we are both still Hawkeye fans. The only time you've ever annoyed me is when you call out people/trolls.
I compared him in that they both made similar like cracks at the media, that was all. Then I showed video of exactly that and also people who shared the same opinion. You dug in blabbing about all kinds of shit that frankly weren’t even relevant to the conversation or argument we were having. You do that to me a lot. See ya next time, cause we don’t cross paths any other way.

I agree he’s fueling the fire. We are disagreeing over 2 different things. All I said was that HF was notorious for going at the media and saying some outlandish stuff to and about them, their profession and their opinion. I didn’t attack Hayden. I know how he was known for his masterful play of the media. I’m Hawkeye fan in his 40’s. Now that it’s been turned into a completely different subject. HF and KF are way different personalities. I only said was this was a play from the Hayden’s playbook and he’s said worse. I never said they were the same situation, you’ve taken all that on by yourself.
All by myself…..right. If this was true we wouldn’t still be arguing. You should have shut up a long time ago. I love how you’re back pedaling.

Again, what did I say that was “bullshit”?

Last edited:
All by myself…..right. If this was true we wouldn’t still be arguing. You should have shut up a long time ago. I love how you’re back pedaling.

Again, what did I say that was “bullshit”?
I ain’t back peddling shit!

“you've got a post on a internet forum to defend and by gawd that's what you're going to do”

wtf? Bullshit. I have no problem existing here and F you if you think that’s me. It’s not, me at all. The only person I fight with is you when you initate it.

Last edited:
That’s where Brian shows himself a total idiot with no conceptual understanding of his job.

He speaks in nothing but obvious generalities and tries to disguise it as wisdom or higher level concepts but he just sounds stupid.

“We need to make the makeable plays.”

No shit. A 4th grader would know that a sports team needs to “make makeable plays.”

“We need to do the things that will make us better as a unit.” Really? Wow…thanks for the deep sentiment. It all makes sense now. I never would’ve guess that a sports team would need to try and get better. Idiot.

“If we want to win ball games we need to score points…”

Uhhhhh…

It’s like he’s trolling us, but in reality he’s not intelligent enough nto troll anyone. I really do feel that if dad wasn’t a P5 head coach millionaire and he grew up in a normal household, he’d be your average fizzle wondering why his performance reviews at his 9-5 job always suck.

Listen to a guy like Phil Parker, or LeVar Woods, or Reese Morgan, or any host of other coaches talk in a presser and you get actual football specifics. You get X’s and O’s to the degree that they’re allowed to talk about. You get real football and football answers.

What you don’t get are a bunch of vague generalities and cutesy quotes that sound like a self help book about success and “doing my job,” or a bunch of regurgitated coach-speak psycho babble that he apparently learned from watching Frank Garza seminars.
New hyperbole record set with the last two post, Fry. Good grief.

I know I'm not wrong. I didn't hear Kirk call anyone an idiot. I didn't. Could you imagine if he did?

I just posted Two media members, one who is very respected in Marc Moorehouse, who know a heck of a lot more about HF, Iowa football history and post game and game day pressers then than I do. They discussed this very topic today on Twitter. It helped me form my opinion on the matter. I was like, damn, I don't remember Hayden having any hate for the media. Then I came here...I said, hey, this is something Fry did as well, I feel comfortable saying that because I saw respected people I know and follow discussing it......

But since I said it, it's just being the big dumb dumb you like to paint me with. F you seriously
My memory is that ol’Hayden turned a few media members everywhere but loose. If he was around now, with the nonsense brought on by social media, Hayden would get roasted. But he would have kicked ass. KF’s shot at the media guy was pretty mild.

My memory is that ol’Hayden turned a few media members everywhere but loose. If he was around now, with the nonsense brought on by social media, Hayden would get roasted. But he would have kicked ass. KF’s shot at the media guy was pretty mild.
That’s all I was saying Huck. Go Hawks

I ain’t back peddling shit!

“you've got a post on a internet forum to defend and by gawd that's what you're going to do”

wtf? Bullshit. I have no problem existing here and F you if you think that’s me. It’s not, me at all. The only person I fight with is you when you imitate it.
I didn‘t initiate a fight, I was having a civil discussion with you and you started calling me a “dipshit” and dropping F bombs. I’m not trying to get you to leave, you did that once before and if you recall I tried talking you out of it. I must have been successful since you’re still here.

Not that this matters, but this is a play right out of Hayden's PR play book. He attacked the media with the same sort of passive aggressiveness indicating that they didn't know dick about football pretty much every October. It's actually tame compared to Hayden, he was always miffed at media criticism and he let them know it.
Both coaches are and were very thin-skinned when dealing with the media. Here's a thought, if you don't like public scrutiny, don't take a highly visible job of D1 football coach.

Is he still up for that? Just grit the teeth and say the offense isn't performing how he'd like, it's on him and the other coaches, they'll keep plugging away with the players and he'll evaluate everything at the end of the season like he always does. Say that over and over every week. It'll keep being asked regardless.

It would be fair and accurate to assign some accountability for this shit show to the coaches.
Kirk's usual weekly line is "we need to execute better", which is code for "if only the players would perform better".

I didn‘t initiate a fight, I was having a civil discussion with you and you started calling me a “dipshit” and dropping F bombs. I’m not trying to get you to leave, you did that once before and if you recall I tried talking you out of it. I must have been successful since you’re still here.
I think he's a Ferentz using the same game plan. Fully discredir th ose who disagree.

Yeah, you immediately try and discredit me at least once a week or so on here, insinuate that I don't know what I am talking about and that I'm some unhinged idiot on the board. It get's old and yeah, I think you're a colossal tool. I'll just mute you and we'll both be much happier. Hopefully that will stop our interactions.

Yeah, you immediately try and discredit me at least once a week or so on here, insinuate that I don't know what I am talking about and that I'm some unhinged idiot on the board. It get's old and yeah, I think you're a colossal tool. I'll just mute you and we'll both be much happier. Hopefully that will stop our interactions.
Mute me too pls if you haven't already.

My two cents... First, everyone already has an opinion and very little said here is every going to change that. It's a message board so expect differing views, that's what they're here for. Two, and again only an opinion, but how does anything regarding Hayden even contribute to this. KF is the longest tenured coach in the country so who cares what kind of scrutiny Hayden would have got for similar comments or what Hayden got away with when speaking with the press. The game, hell society for that matter, has changed as well so IMO anything regarding Hayden in this post is totally irrelevant.

To be fair to KF his body of work up to this point made him the longest tenured coach in the country, but at the same time, I'm not sure it puts him above scrutiny for the simple fact that what is going on now with the nepotism, the team, and how things are being handled, as well as the current state of Iowa football, is far from over so I don't think he has any right to take the high road and handle it the way he has.

Whether the media and fans response to this is considered appropriate IMO is totally irrelevant because I think based on the circumstances and how this has played out it's been equally handled inappropriately internally. So if KF should get the benefit of the doubt from the media and the fanbase based on his body of work historically then I think at the same time he should be holding himself and staff accountable as well based on the standards he has set for his own program over history.

Unfortunately your only as good as your last game and wins and losses are all that matter. Coaches, fans, and media are all going to take a negative approach to the situation when your losing and under preforming and were doing both. Winning changes everything so if KF wants to sweep things under the rug and things to return to normal then he better start winning games. Unfortunately how they're going to win games with the offense we've put on the field this season is the bigger question.

No.... it's all good. Pun intended. You seem a bit more upset...adamant than normal..
Might seem that way, it's just at one poster who follows me around like a lost puppy dog. We disagree plenty but I enjoy our debates.

I don't with this dude. He's got a big giant boner for me, it's weird.

My two cents... First, everyone already has an opinion and very little said here is every going to change that. It's a message board so expect differing views, that's what they're here for. Two, and again only an opinion, but how does anything regarding Hayden even contribute to this. KF is the longest tenured coach in the country so who cares what kind of scrutiny Hayden would have got for similar comments or what Hayden got away with when speaking with the press. The game, hell society for that matter, has changed as well so IMO anything regarding Hayden in this post is totally irrelevant.

To be fair to KF his body of work up to this point made him the longest tenured coach in the country, but at the same time, I'm not sure it puts him above scrutiny for the simple fact that what is going on now with the nepotism, the team, and how things are being handled, as well as the current state of Iowa football, is far from over so I don't think he has any right to take the high road and handle it the way he has.

Whether the media and fans response to this is considered appropriate IMO is totally irrelevant because I think based on the circumstances and how this has played out it's been equally handled inappropriately internally. So if KF should get the benefit of the doubt from the media and the fanbase based on his body of work historically then I think at the same time he should be holding himself and staff accountable as well based on the standards he has set for his own program over history.

Unfortunately your only as good as your last game and wins and losses are all that matter. Coaches, fans, and media are all going to take a negative approach to the situation when your losing and under preforming and were doing both. Winning changes everything so if KF wants to sweep things under the rug and things to return to normal then he better start winning games. Unfortunately how they're going to win games with the offense we've put on the field this season is the bigger question.
That's what I think KF is leaning on hard. He's referred to last yrs 10 wins multiple times this season. As if that's his cover for the job BF has done with the offense. Winning is the ultimate perfume for not playing well. That's what's changed this yr. We've not only looked bad while winning but we've actually lost winnable games. ISU and IL should've been Ws. No if and or butts about it. I'm way more pissed at having lost those then getting our asses embarrassed at OSU.