#1 Iowa - #1 South Carolina National Championship Game Thread

Hawks certainly gave it a shot

Worn down and no quality reserves

Outrebounded for certain

Hawks: 29

SC: 51

18 on offense

kudos to Raven Johnson that straight up got embarrassed last year. Perfect example of putting your head down and putting the work in the following year.

It's been an incredible run. No head hanging Hawks. Back to back NC games! 3 B1G tourney titles and a B1G championship. Just a fantastic run! Proud to be a Hawkeye Fan! The Caitlin Clark effect was a show stopper!

And we lost to a freakin' buzz saw...not only did they abuse us on the glass, they also made their open shots all game long. We needed them to miss and give us an opening, and they didn't. Tip of the cap to them.

The entire team looked worn out in the 4Q. Should have played Stuelke and OGrady at same time and rotated in the other 2 big girls for short minutes.

Then at guard rotate in Affolter, Fearbach and McCabe to relieve Martin, Marshall and Clark.

And we lost to a freakin' buzz saw...not only did they abuse us on the glass, they also made their open shots all game long. We needed them to miss and give us an opening, and they didn't. Tip of the cap to them.
Oooo not sure bout that one.
Maybe 2nd half for sure but seemed to me Hawks left a TON of layups on the rim and missed shots after stops.
Especially in first half when needed to pad lead to high teens to withstand inevitable SCar run.

There's a huge difference in the talent and the depth of talent. That's why U Conn won so many championships they had all the marbles. I'm very proud of the Hawks. Goes to show that if you work hard enough the little guy can break through also. It's alright to be disappointed but we all knew it was a long shot.
I know, just rough getting so close.

I'm so pumped for the announcement that Clark changed her mind and is coming back.

If Clark sticks with her current plan, she could be completely exhausted by September. WNBA starts in May and goes to Sep, except you got the Ollympics right in the middle. Plus she still has an offer to play in the Big 3.

If I was Clark, I would take some time off after the WNBA season gets done

Missing out on Morrow was the key, this is the ONE game where she would have been the difference maker. I totally get why she chose LSU, not going to throw shade on that. This is the one freaking game where you needed someone who could automatically get you 15 and 12.

It was looking great at teh beginning.

Raven johnson's D on Clark was vicious.

Going to be be something She sees a lot at the next level.

Latest posts