OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

Unpopular opinion…Taco Juan’s absolutely shits on Taco Belle.

TJ’s beats TB to a pulp with both hands tied behind its back.

A few years ago I had a best tacos in Iowa thread on here and I believe that Tasty narrowly edged out Fort Dodge's own Taco Tico as the best tacos in the state. Bell was a distant last, IIRC.

Anyway, I ate a family fun box or whatever from Bell. 12 tacos and a Mountain Dew and it was just short of thirty freaking dollars. I couldn't believe I spent $30 to feel that way.

Sounds like America's second most venerable seafood restaurant, Red Lobster, may be on the precipice of filing for bankruptcy. How in the hell has that place managed to stay open for as long as it has? Anyone here like those cheddar biscuits?

Back in my teenage years I’d smoke Marlboros and sent in barcodes so I could get a fleece jacket… which I did and wore with pride. Yup I’m not a quitter.

Back in my teenage years I’d smoke Marlboros and sent in barcodes so I could get a fleece jacket… which I did and wore with pride. Yup I’m not a quitter.
Oh man, in college my roommates and I had tons of that gear. 2 sweatshirts each, the dart board (legit cork board), the hammock, etc. After bar close we'd all drunkenly walk around pulling the bar codes off of all the packs of smokes that were left behind and take them home. Marlboro had to think we were 4-pack-a-day smokers.

Sounds like America's second most venerable seafood restaurant, Red Lobster, may be on the precipice of filing for bankruptcy. How in the hell has that place managed to stay open for as long as it has? Anyone here like those cheddar biscuits?
Yea, saw two are closing in Iowa, I believe Council Bluffs and the 'loo. I think there is like 50 closing nationwide so I suspect the end of all will be coming at some point.

I remember a certain thread once when a guy posted he took his gal out to splurge and expected a fine meal at Red Lobster. Can't remember the jist of the thread or exact thing he stated but he made it sound like he took his lovely gal out for the night, like he was bragging for plopping down the $55 dolla for a night on the town fine dining with his gal.

I clearly remember you responding and calling him out on that one. He tried to retract but the damage was done.

I bet ya Tim Lester rocks the fleece!

Marlboro Flag Banner 3x5 ft Man Cave Ciggarettes Adverstise

Yea, saw two are closing in Iowa, I believe Council Bluffs and the 'loo. I think there is like 50 closing nationwide so I suspect the end of all will be coming at some point.

I remember a certain thread once when a guy posted he took his gal out to splurge and expected a fine meal at Red Lobster. Can't remember the jist of the thread or exact thing he stated but he made it sound like he took his lovely gal out for the night, like he was bragging for plopping down the $55 dolla for a night on the town fine dining with his gal.

I clearly remember you responding and calling him out on that one. He tried to retract but the damage was done.

FIRE TIM LESTER

That thread was hilarious. On the old OT board. The gems on that board. Man.

Are people really so stupid to realize that seafood and shellfish in general are the easiest foods to cook, and easiest by FAR compared to their cost in a restaurant? Honest question.

Bougies will pay what amounts to $160/lb for lobster in a restaurant when you can get super high quality flash frozen Maine lobster tails delivered to your house in dry ice for $30-40/lb. Same thing for shrimp. I grill wild caught size 16-20 shrimp once or twice a week and I pay $11.99/lb. HyVee has wild caught argentine reds in every freezer section of their stores I've ever visited.

At least if you pay $55 for a ribeye dinner in a restaurant you're getting something that actually takes some skill to do properly and takes a little equipment some folks don't have. You can screw up a steak pretty easily if you don't know what you're doing, so I get wanting to pay someone. But to pay 3 times as much for something like lobster or crab is absolutely astounding to me. You literally steam it for 6-7 minutes in some salted water and eat it. That's it.

You put an inch of water in a pot with half a handful of salt, turn your burner on high, when it boils you put the tails or legs in the pot, and set a timer on your phone for 6 minutes. Done. Exactly the same way the finest restaurant in France would do. Melt some butter in a ramakin, couple drops of vinegar, and eat it. You couldn't screw it up but people will pay $50-60 in labor for someone to do 7 minutes of work that a 5 year old could do while watching Kung Fu Panda.

Maybe that's why Red Lobster is closing...

Latest posts