Hawkeyes - Cornhuskers B1G Championship Game Thread

I feel the conference officials did a poor job planning the tournament. My family members said the Target Center was completely overwhelmed by the crowd size. I don't know who scheduled an 11am start on the 1st day of daylight time, but both teams had less than 18 hours to rest. Iowa didn't finish Saturday's game until almost 6pm and had to be back in the arena by 9am daylight time.

I think it showed in the 1st half. Kudos to the team for gutting it out.

Same butterflies I would get for Hawkeye Football games. How far things have come and how special this program is right now.

Oh absolutely. For sure last year during the tournement. But also every single conference game this year and a few of the competitive non conference games.

Maybe this I why I've never been much of a basketball fan. Way too many games. But not enough like baseball or hockey. Even those (and the NBA) have those 7 game playoffs. I mean, you lose the first two and it's not over...even if it is kinda over. The madness is spread thin.

This has been like 3 months of Hawk football only TWICE a week. Sometimes 3 times in a weekend.

Seems to me like the officiating for women’s college basketball is atrocious.

It just seems so inconsistent. Yesterday was like regular season NHL in the 90s. Call everything to speed up the game. Make it look more European and let the skill players play good hockey.

Then comes today...like NHL postseason in the 90s. When they finally get eyeballs on TV, they let the goons run wild. Stick holding, holding, and crosschecking? Look the other way.

Neither yesterday or today suits the Hawks. They were splendid yesterday in adjusting. Better than regular season. Today? They're not big enough to play that way.

I feel the conference officials did a poor job planning the tournament. My family members said the Target Center was completely overwhelmed by the crowd size. I don't know who scheduled an 11am start on the 1st day of daylight time, but both teams had less than 18 hours to rest. Iowa didn't finish Saturday's game until almost 6pm and had to be back in the arena by 9am daylight time.

I think it showed in the 1st half. Kudos to the team for gutting it out.
No excuse for poor decision making by the conference. They ain’t rookies.

Sorry, I can’t throw shade on Stuelke…she is the only inside presence they have. I will give her a pass all day.
I don't blame her for missing the 2 FTs. I blame coaches for having her in there at the time. You get your best FT shooters out there for that. You're not running the offense after you inbound it as it was a must foul situation so I'd have had in either McCabe or Feaurback instead. You have an all guard lineup if need be for it. But if they take away Clark and Martin then get it to someone anyone other then Stuelke in that spot.

Thankfully it didn't end up mattering as the only thing that happened due to it was some more seconds ticked off the clock. But that's definitely a coaching mistake Bluder could be called out for and asked about.

That block by Gabbie was insane. To do that not commit a foul and then recover it before it went out of bounds and get the TO was the play of the game. Pretty much everything that had to go our way the last 2:30 of that game did and I wouldn't say that Neb choked so much as Iowa just wanted it more. I think Iowa not having played our starters much in the 4th against Michigan helped make the difference in 4th and OT as Neb did seem to be running out of gas. Hell of a W

I don't blame her for missing the 2 FTs. I blame coaches for having her in there at the time. You get your best FT shooters out there for that. You're not running the offense after you inbound it as it was a must foul situation so I'd have had in either McCabe or Feaurback instead. You have an all guard lineup if need be for it. But if they take away Clark and Martin then get it to someone anyone other then Stuelke in that spot.

Thankfully it didn't end up mattering as the only thing that happened due to it was some more seconds ticked off the clock. But that's definitely a coaching mistake Bluder could be called out for and asked about.

That block by Gabbie was insane. To do that not commit a foul and then recover it before it went out of bounds and get the TO was the play of the game. Pretty much everything that had to go our way the last 2:30 of that game did and I wouldn't say that Neb choked so much as Iowa just wanted it more. I think Iowa not having played our starters much in the 4th against Michigan helped make the difference in 4th and OT as Neb did seem to be running out of gas. Hell of a W
I was yelling at the tv the second I saw her cut out right to the inbounder. It almost looked like the play was designed to get her the ball. And Clark barley even moved.

Clark also went out of her way to inbound the ball on one of the plays. The one where Martin shot the free throws. I wonder what was going through Clark's head when she did that. Was she wanting Martin to be the one to shoot them or was she wanting to be the one to pass it in out of fear of a turnover?

I texted my buddies the same thing at the time and then realized later it wasn't a mistake.

I believe Iowa was out of timeouts. If you take Stuelke out and go all small, and Iowa misses the free throw, then Nebraska just dumps it inside for a huge mismatch and a quick 2. And then it is a 2 point game. Or worse, because there is a decent chance a guard flails on the mismatch and Nebraska gets the and one.

Maybe more importantly, I think Stuelke was 8-8 combined from the line in the two previous games. It wasn't like sending Shaq up there.

It's surprising that maybe Bluder was a step ahead of us.

I texted my buddies the same thing at the time and then realized later it wasn't a mistake.

I believe Iowa was out of timeouts. If you take Stuelke out and go all small, and Iowa misses the free throw, then Nebraska just dumps it inside for a huge mismatch and a quick 2. And then it is a 2 point game. Or worse, because there is a decent chance a guard flails on the mismatch and Nebraska gets the and one.

Maybe more importantly, I think Stuelke was 8-8 combined from the line in the two previous games. It wasn't like sending Shaq up there.

It's surprising that maybe Bluder was a step ahead of us.

Stuelke was 8-8 combined from the line in the two previous games.

Latest posts