Something wrong

Alford may have finally found his level. UCLA being a bit above his weight class, he has a nice thing going at Nevada. They will probably be in the NCAA'S this year.

Whether or not he has stopped being a sanctimonious curmudgeon is not known at this time.
..........an
He is ^ A Hole

Caitlin Clark is a biological man playing against women. It's silly and disgusting.

I was on these boards when the Sandusky rumors at Penn State began to fly a decade or so ago. I remember even after the evidence came out how disgusting the PSU fans were. How they had zero honor and chose their program over those molested children. I remember thinking no matter how much I loved Iowa sports, I would never embrace a lie to justify the program.

So here's the worst kept secret of collegiate women's sports....Iowa has a biological man playing against women and are making millions of dollars off it.

Shameful!
Why are you here?

Caitlin Clark is a biological man playing against women. It's silly and disgusting.

I was on these boards when the Sandusky rumors at Penn State began to fly a decade or so ago. I remember even after the evidence came out how disgusting the PSU fans were. How they had zero honor and chose their program over those molested children. I remember thinking no matter how much I loved Iowa sports, I would never embrace a lie to justify the program.

So here's the worst kept secret of collegiate women's sports....Iowa has a biological man playing against women and are making millions of dollars off it.

Shameful!
You're a sick puppy

Shameful!
Wow. Before I ban your account that you’ve had since ‘09, I’m going to let you retort so we can have some fun at your expense.

Sorry fellas, I didn’t see this. It was reported by three of you but the report queue is clunky at best and doesn’t have notifications. If you see garbage to this degree PM me please.

But back to @burky247 , tell me why you shouldn’t get the rectal ban hammer jammed (spoiler: it ain’t gonna help). And don’t give us the crap about how you don’t care.

Shameful!
Stop. Just because she's great at basketball doesn't mean she's a man. That's a disgrace to women and very hypocritical. If I had the banhammer I'd ban ya. shit post.

Shameful!
Poor attempt at humor? And by poor I mean so bad that there is no humor in it. If you're dead serious you may as well not try logging back on you'll be banned shortly either way I bet

This is what happens when we’ve had elite 8 level teams (especially the last 5 seasons) and you can’t even make it to the second weekend of the tournament. The women’s teams have almost always played their best basketball during the tournament and the men have not. That’s why people come to watch them (CC obviously factors in too) and not so much the men.

This is what happens when we’ve had elite 8 level teams (especially the last 5 seasons) and you can’t even make it to the second weekend of the tournament. The women’s teams have almost always played their best basketball during the tournament and the men have not. That’s why people come to watch them (CC obviously factors in too) and not so much the men.
"Elite 8 level teams" is very questionable. A sweet 16 level team here and there maybe.

I'm kinda liking our young guys, I'll pay attention in the future. The roster will still be missing a piece that will keep them from contention.
Maybe Iowa needs a player like Clark to save Frans tenure. Otherwise, even under a new coach, it would take a while to build up fan participation again.

Shameful!
Dude, you might want to delete that post. You aren't stating opinions you are stating facts that are subject to objective verification.

If you thought you were being ironically or sarcastically humorous you were wrong.

It's a combination of winning and culture. Part of being motivated is a chance of seeing a winning team, but McC's teams win as much or more than places that have packed houses.

A lot of it is the culture. The culture died with the ass wipe Alford and Lickliter created a clown show. Alford was very off putting, and I literally don't know anyone in Iowa that likes him. Particularly in the early years where he made it pretty clear he was waiting for the Indiana job while his later years featured good players that collapsed against weak opponents. He brought in some dislikable players that were even more off putting. He was on a win or go demand when he beat the hangman out of town. Then Lickliter made it even more ridiculous, producing the two worst teams in Iowa history.

Then the always crazy Iowa BBall fans were/are still locked in the 80s and the expectations were completely unrealistic. So, the fans started to disappear. McC is seen as a failure because he hasn't restored pre- Alford/Lickliter Iowa. With the arrival of NIL, portal we may never reach the status of the 80s.

Alford was supposed to take Iowa to a new level than Davis-and he sure did. Quite the new level, all the way back to the 70s years between Ralph and Lute. Then Lickliter was sold as the anti-Alford who would bring stability and regular success. That was a little wide of the mark. Both were hot coaching commodities when hired. So, it became uncool to actually attend the MBB games.

Having an arena that is no longer well suited to purpose and requires a lot of walking and has poor parking facilities and terrible amenities. The ice cream is so not 2024.​

It's a combination of winning and culture. Part of being motivated is a chance of seeing a winning team, but McC's teams win as much or more than places that have packed houses.

A lot of it is the culture. The culture died with the ass wipe Alford and Lickliter created a clown show. Alford was very off putting, and I literally don't know anyone in Iowa that likes him. Particularly in the early years where he made it pretty clear he was waiting for the Indiana job while his later years featured good players that collapsed against weak opponents. He brought in some dislikable players that were even more off putting. He was on a win or go demand when he beat the hangman out of town. Then Lickliter made it even more ridiculous, producing the two worst teams in Iowa history.

Then the always crazy Iowa BBall fans were/are still locked in the 80s and the expectations were completely unrealistic. So, the fans started to disappear. McC is seen as a failure because he hasn't restored pre- Alford/Lickliter Iowa. With the arrival of NIL, portal we may never reach the status of the 80s.

Alford was supposed to take Iowa to a new level than Davis-and he sure did. Quite the new level, all the way back to the 70s years between Ralph and Lute. Then Lickliter was sold as the anti-Alford who would bring stability and regular success. That was a little wide of the mark. Both were hot coaching commodities when hired. So, it became uncool to actually attend the MBB games.

Having an arena that is no longer well suited to purpose and requires a lot of walking and has poor parking facilities and terrible amenities. The ice cream is so not 2024.​
Well said, it took decades to get here.

Latest posts