Bowl Game Projections

Looking at the body of work from this team the last two weeks I would have to say a bowl game doesn't look realistic at this point. If we lose this week there is no way we get 2 more wins with Purdue, Michigan, and Nebraska remaining. Getting beat down the last 2 weeks has to do some damage to the players confidence...hell look what it's doing to the fan base!

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 9 - ESPN

I'm still hoping for the Gator Bowl, but at this point, any bowl, just for the additional practice would be good.

I think we can get to 6 wins, but I'm not 100% confident either.

We have some young guys on this teams, and I don't think we should ever underestimate the value of the extra month of practice.
Additional practice? Seriously? The less time Greg Davis spends with these kids during his one year pre-retirement stint in IC, the better.

I can't wait until the "7-game-win-minimum to make a bowl" rule goes into affect.

They should also not count any win against 1-AA teams. (This will self correct when the much needed playoff system replaces the cartel-driven BCS system).

Then, and only then, will making a bowl, once again, mean anything.

I can't wait until the "7-game-win-minimum to make a bowl" rule goes into affect.

They should also not count any win against 1-AA teams. (This will self correct when the much needed playoff system replaces the cartel-driven BCS system).

Then, and only then, will making a bowl, once again, mean anything.

Even then, making a bowl is still pretty meh. The only way I care about lower level bowls is if there was an 8 win minimum. If you win 8 games, I can except you as a good team.

Obviously, that is not something that will happen.

Also, I put about 2 seconds of thought into this so if anyone wants to argue with me on this, they can eat my butt.

Even then, making a bowl is still pretty meh. The only way I care about lower level bowls is if there was an 8 win minimum. If you win 8 games, I can except you as a good team.

Obviously, that is not something that will happen.

Also, I put about 2 seconds of thought into this so if anyone wants to argue with me on this, they can eat my butt.

Not sure somehow getting to the Gator Bowl would be a good thing. We'd get beaten 45-3 vs. some SEC team. BTW, before the season didn't the experts pick Iowa vs. Auburn in the Gator Bowl? laughable.

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 9 - ESPN

I'm still hoping for the Gator Bowl, but at this point, any bowl, just for the additional practice would be good.

I think we can get to 6 wins, but I'm not 100% confident either.

We have some young guys on this teams, and I don't think we should ever underestimate the value of the extra month of practice.

I'm not sure 15 extra practices preparing to be bi*ch-slapped is any type of premium for this program.

I am NOT saying turn down a bowl bid. I'm not even saying 7-win minimum or not counting FCS wins. i AM saying that finishing 5-7 may do more for this "program" than 6-6 and a bowl beatdown.

7-5 and a bowl win is the minimum expectation for me. Frankly, 8-4 should be our "normal" during regular season. Between OSU/UM/PSU/Nebby/MSU/Wisky, we will always NOT play at least two of them in any given season. Split the remaining four, with two other losses either to a "good" non-conference opponent and one other B1G opponent, or two respectable conference opponents that have decent seasons.

The extra practice is vital. I can't say I disagree with anything else posted in here, excepting maybe the Davis comment, but time will tell on that one. It would be unrealistic to comment on that until he has at least his sophomores in the system.

If Iowa wins at Indiana, which is a big if, I think theyll finish 6-6 and get the Gator Bowl(due to OSU and PSU not being eligible)

Would anyone actually fly down to watch this team play? If Iowa ends up in a bowl game, look for it to be played in a half empty stadium.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm amazed almost all the experts are still expecting us to be eligible. At this point, I'd call it a coin toss. My heart hopes to see them make it to 6-6 (at a minimum) but right now the brain is winning out saying its not happening. I wish they could give me a performance on Saturday to give me a sense of hope again.

We've won our last game. After 8 games, you are what you are.
We are an aging broken down plow horse trying to pull a 12 bottom plow.
We are Aunt Edna driving a model A Ford.
We are Eeyore in the Kentucky Derby.
WE are the dial up modem of college football.
We are grandpa shuffling down the canned soup aisle of college football pushing our walker along.

We've won our last game. After 8 games, you are what you are.
We are an aging broken down plow horse trying to pull a 12 bottom plow.
We are Aunt Edna driving a model A Ford.
We are Eeyore in the Kentucky Derby.
WE are the dial up modem of college football.
We are grandpa shuffling down the canned soup aisle of college football pushing our walker along.

We're well past that point Clark.

aunt+edna+2.jpg

6-6 will only get us to a bowl game if there are no 7 win at large teams correct? I thought the NCAA had a rule in place that requires all 7 win teams (regardless of confernce/bowl affiliation) to be selected before any 6-6 team. I just don't see this team winning three of the last four games to get to a bowl game. Stranger things have happened I reckon, but I don't think anything that strange will happen in IC this year.