Trivia question for y'all

Coach Brands has NEVER started a true frosh! Hopefully Skon will be his first...only if he can compete for a title though!

Joking about what? There's been true freshman ready to compete for national titles. Dake, Schlatter, and even this year, Megaludis. There's nothing wrong wanting the best wrestler to go, and I think Skon will be ready right out the box.

Thats my hope too pumpdog! These other programs come out firing ASAP with a few special talents. I'd like to redshirt true freshmen too but if you can compete for a title why not.

We have a couple of guys in the upcoming recruiting class that are college ready, but Skon is not one of them and none of them are going to contend for titles next year. Skon wrestles flat footed and is a waist bender, he is going to really have work on creating angles at the next level. I like that he has violent and active hands and he also has a huge gas tank, he will be good, but it is going to take time.

I like the fact that when this recruiting class redshirts by their sophomore year taylor and Ruth will be gone altons will be seniors and if the class pans out they can be part of a really good run for Iowa.

I like the fact that when this recruiting class redshirts by their sophomore year taylor and Ruth will be gone altons will be seniors and if the class pans out they can be part of a really good run for Iowa.

Amen.

Also - i don't read anything into how a kid "translates" to the next level. I want to see what Brands does with them and I have no reason to believe someone can't compete as a freshman. Brands said earlier this year on the radio "there are no freshman in college anymore - you are either ready to wrestle or you aren't." That indicates to me he's open to whatever. Based on how a kid translates - McDonough shouldn't be doing what he is doing and Nick Moore should have won 4 NCs in college. Hell, Dan Dennis should have been a national champ and he didn't exactly have the greatest pedigree coming here. None of it means anything until you get in the room and show your stuff.