Bruce Weber has "retired"

Yeah, the notification i got from an ESPN app on my phone also said "fired" either way he is not done coaching

Boy that didn't take long! Did they even give him time to get off the bus? Obviously expected but just surprising when it happens so quick ... I get it ... But still ...

JD Miller is obsessed with the talent in Chicago.

JD Miller has Iowa-itis. That is a treatable condition that comes from growing up in Iowa. See, everyone in Iowa grows up dreaming of playing for the Hawkeyes. That same thought process isn't the same in every state in These United States.

No one in Chicago or St. Louis gives two shakes from a rat's rectum about the University of Illinois. It is a state school without any real fan base in the state.

It is not a brand like Indiana or Kentucky or Duke.

As a program, it is in better shape than Iowa. As a job, it is about the same.

Not shocking to his Hawk fan. Weber's teams have been pretty consistently underachieving since Self's players graduated/went pro. I've been expecting this day for a while now, honestly.

My fear now is that they hire someone who can really coach & recruit.

Not shocking to his Hawk fan. Weber's teams have been pretty consistently underachieving since Self's players graduated/went pro. I've been expecting this day for a while now, honestly.

My fear now is that they hire someone who can really coach & recruit.

Pretty sure the post you responded to was being sarcastic. Everybody saw this coming, including Weber.

Funny how the basketball season mirrored the fooball season. Both teams started out great & collapsed down the stretch. The new AD was quick to get the old regime's coaches out of town.

Funny how the basketball season mirrored the fooball season. Both teams started out great & collapsed down the stretch. The new AD was quick to get the old regime's coaches out of town.

I was thinking the same thing. The fball team was 6-0, only to close out the season 0-6.

Basketball was the same.

Rotting orange in Champaign.

JD Miller is obsessed with the talent in Chicago.

JD Miller has Iowa-itis. That is a treatable condition that comes from growing up in Iowa. See, everyone in Iowa grows up dreaming of playing for the Hawkeyes. That same thought process isn't the same in every state in These United States.

No one in Chicago or St. Louis gives two shakes from a rat's rectum about the University of Illinois. It is a state school without any real fan base in the state.

It is not a brand like Indiana or Kentucky or Duke.

As a program, it is in better shape than Iowa. As a job, it is about the same.

Agreed. I don't get why people feel like Illinois has some right to all the Chicago recruits. As far as most of those kids are concerned, Champaign might as well be in another state.

Also Weber was 78-9 at one point in his career at Illinois, that is an unbelievable start.