Potential Staff

Kingsbury14

Just hypothetically

Keno Davis HC
Rodell Davis
Kevin Gamble
Jeff Horner (or another former Hawk)

Would that fill Carver? I think seeing some former Hawks on the sidelines would inject the program with excitement.

Do people really think Keno would come back to Iowa with they Way his dad was let go?

I guess Mr. Davis still is around the program some so maybe he holds no ill will and that is good.

I thought about that as well and don't really believe he'd come back. I wouldn't if I was him.

Do people really think Keno would come back to Iowa with they Way his dad was let go?

I guess Mr. Davis still is around the program some so maybe he holds no ill will and that is good.

Might as well add Acie Earl to the staff, seriously.....he could teach a big man how to play like a big man.

Settles could lend a hand as well... he could work with the team on the shot fake - one key you never just use one shot fake, there must be many

Filling the bench with former Hawk players is not the immediate answer or the solution. We need a proven coach ... You can put Fred Hoiberg on the Iowa bench and I could care less ... We just want to see Iowa win ... Finding someone with Iowa ties might draw some interest for a while but the bottoms line is the Ws and Ls

I would pay HUGE money to watch Jeff Horner assistant coach. I mean, I am talking about renaming the arena Carver-Ghosteye Arena.

Barta, make this happen. People will come in droves to watch a former player assistant coach. That is what the College basketball experience is all bout, and that is the kind of good ideas that put butts in seats.

Heck, next time Lick gets a migrane, we can get Kevin Skillet to stand in for him. That will be an instant sell out. I will go ask Skillet right now, he is really close by.

my thoughts exactly. I think it would have to be a really sweat deal offered and even then I think he would see how Mr. Davis felt about it. I think the Standing O Mr. Davis got his last visit to Carver as Drake's HC showed that people did appriciate what he did and he might not hold it against the fans and hopefully just Bob Bowslby. I am still surprised Lick was able to get him to come in on an off season to work with the team.

Keno Davis HC
Rodell Davis
Kevin Gamble
Jeff Horner (or another former Hawk)

Would that fill Carver? I think seeing some former Hawks on the sidelines would inject the program with excitement.

That's only four people. You couldnt possibly fill CHA with just four people, unless they were friggin huge.

Guy Rucker is also in the area. I officiated a sophmore game featuring his son a few weeks back. He's probably 6-10 300.

Last edited:
I think rodell goes with keno wherever they go. Rodell is doing a good job on the trails. If Iowa gets to a point where they are looking for a new coach keno is #1 on my list. And I think he would take the job if offered.

But Iowa has a coach and I hope they can right the ship. Hope might not be enough.

I thought about that as well and don't really believe he'd come back. I wouldn't if I was him.

If I was Keno, I would realize that what happened with his dad occurred under a different AD. That's in the past, and has nothing to do with Barta.

The only thing would be whether Keno simply does not like the UofI because of it.

I think rodell goes with keno wherever they go. Rodell is doing a good job on the trails. If Iowa gets to a point where they are looking for a new coach keno is #1 on my list. And I think he would take the job if offered.

But Iowa has a coach and I hope they can right the ship. Hope might not be enough.
Jon, why do you think Keno would take the Iowa job?

Imagine Keno and Rodell coming to Iowa City. And then Mr. Davis serving as one of his assistants the first season, kind of like what Gable did with Brands. Carver would sell out with no problem.

I just can't see Keno coming. Nice to dream though.

Hey Kingsbury, why dont you come back and give Anthony Tucker a few lessons on alcohol! I'm sure you could teach him a thing or two! A game of horse and a six pack! Quit hiding in Fort Dodge!

Latest posts