Lil Debbie Natty Champions 2024...

loesshillshawk

Here in SWI it has begun. Chatter of them returning to glory now that they have the number 1 recruit in Dylan Raiola. Time will tell but it is sickening...

Here in SWI it has begun. Chatter of them returning to glory now that they have the number 1 recruit in Dylan Raiola. Time will tell but it is sickening...
1) High school tape only.

2) One top recruit among 105 fizzles ain’t gonna do shit to turn that ship around.

3) Matt Rhule has already shown he can’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

4) If Raiola was really that good he’d be getting paid the same amount to stay where he’s at or getting the same money to go to a top 25 team.

5) nebraska during their down years have been ranked way ahead of Iowa in recruiting every single year and still fucked it up every single year.

This is going to end in a gigantic train wreck just like everything else that shit bag program tries to do.

2) One top recruit among 105 fizzles ain’t gonna do shit to turn that ship around.

4) If Raiola was really that good he’d be getting paid the same amount to stay where he’s at or getting the same money to go to a top 25 team.

5) nebraska during their down years have been ranked way ahead of Iowa in recruiting every single year and still fucked it up every single year.

This is going to end in a gigantic train wreck just like everything else that shit bag program tries to do.

Even the top QBs have maybe a 50/50 or 2/3 hit rate. And that is when dudes are waltzing into a team that is loaded with a line and WR talent. You put Trevor Lawrence as a freshman on a bad team and he would have won some games, but not many. This kid made an egregious mistake going to Nebraska. If you are a top 5 QB you have to try to predict where things will shake out among Georgia, Ohio, Bama, Texas, LSU, etc. over the next few years and pick the one where you can ride pine as a freshman and then walk in as nearly the guaranteed starter in year 2. Play two seasons, hit the NFL thereafter. Nebraska just ain't in that club that should be considered. I love Iowa but if my son was a top 5 QB talent there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I would let him play for Iowa right now. And Nebraska is in a worse spot than Iowa. This kid made a huge mistake.

How much money is it costing Nebraska is my question. Based on MR $1M+ . Logically NE still has to compete against several teams with 5 star QB's. USC, OSU, and MI are always going to have at least one on the roster. They can't recruit to the level of those 4 teams. Unless Uncle Warren Buffet drops billions on them they don't have the money to pay for the other positions.

If you want to compete at that level you got to just recruit the portal for older players that are proven by past play. Oregon is a prime example. Scout the good teams for second team players waiting for their turn to start. You have to have Phil Knight money to back you.

When you have been nothing but a laughing stock for two decades, you do this and you feel good about it. How often does the #1 recruit in the nation happen to be a QB whose Dad is a legacy and whose Uncle is on the coaching staff on offense? It was sort of sad they did not land him in the first place and had to get him on the rebound. Like everything else in Nebbie world, nothing is easy, clean or legal. I am sure there were starving for win donors who gleefully plunked down money for this kid. And let's be real, our donors would have too. Look at the money that was flowing towards that tackle who went to Alabama.

We can make fun of this all we want to, and we should because Nebbie remains a dumpster fire, but I would say two things: 1) Rhule is not Frost or Riley; and 2) landing the best rated QB in the country is not a nothing burger.

But seriously...how stoked would we be if Iowa happened to get the #1 ranked QB in the nation, a legit dual threat kid from a family known for toughness? Let's not act like we wouldn't be walking around with full-blown erections until September.

With this offense I would be waiting for him to transfer. Kirk would never play a true freshman at QB.

But seriously...how stoked would we be if Iowa happened to get the #1 ranked QB in the nation, a legit dual threat kid from a family known for toughness? Let's not act like we wouldn't be walking around with full-blown erections until September.
Improper of the word "seriously". There is seriously no chance at this point in time that Iowa would ever get the nations #1 QB to commit so there is no discussion lol. But to answer your questions based on our history of QBs lately I think our first thought would be "what's wrong with him" followed up with "how is our OC going to screw this up".

Well, we have beaten them 9 of the last 11 years. The last 9 years, they have been one of the very worst teams in the Big Ten, with zero winning seasons?

It takes more than a quarterback to start winning again.

I just watched an SEC TV special on the life of Bart Starr, NFL Hall of Famer. He was a wonderful QB and leader.

He was Alabama's QB his senior year. They finished 0-10.

We have all talked about how it is going to be more difficult for Iowa to win in the "new" Big Ten. IF that is true, it applies just as clearly to Nebraska. They are in a sparsely populated state and their national championship glories are now just as outdated as Minnesota's are.....

That is fandom. On our team..."look out here we go!". On another team..."I'll believe the hype when I see it happen"

I had a feeling that this would capture your attention, Fry

:cool:

The difference between Nebby and the rest of the schools is that their top recruits pan out much better than ours. Their top 25 reads like the NFL all century team compared to ours. Ranked in order by 247 sports:

1) Dylan Railoa Kyle Willliams
2) Marlon Lucky A.J. Epenesa
3) Chris Septak Tony Moeaki
4) Aaron Green Blake Larsen
5) Baker Steinkuhler Matt Roth
6) Ndonkeykong Suh Dan Doering
7) Cortney Grixby Dace Richardson
8) Tyjon Lindsey Jeremiha Hunter
9) Turner Corcoran Xavier Nwankpa
10) Jason Richenberg Jermelle Lewis
11) Lydon Murtha Bryan Bulaga
12) Carter Nelson CJ Fiedorowicz

We have long time NFL guys with some pro bowls. They hit on one and that was during Dubya's first term.

The difference between Nebby and the rest of the schools is that their top recruits pan out much better than ours. Their top 25 reads like the NFL all century team compared to ours. Ranked in order by 247 sports:

1) Dylan Railoa Kyle Willliams
2) Marlon Lucky A.J. Epenesa
3) Chris Septak Tony Moeaki
4) Aaron Green Blake Larsen
5) Baker Steinkuhler Matt Roth
6) Ndonkeykong Suh Dan Doering
7) Cortney Grixby Dace Richardson
8) Tyjon Lindsey Jeremiha Hunter
9) Turner Corcoran Xavier Nwankpa
10) Jason Richenberg Jermelle Lewis
11) Lydon Murtha Bryan Bulaga
12) Carter Nelson CJ Fiedorowicz

We have long time NFL guys with some pro bowls. They hit on one and that was during Dubya's first term.

So if this trend continues then the new kid they got will be playing in the Indiana State Penal League in a few years, right?

Latest posts