With 3 games left - lets speculate

Deacon Hill goes off for his most productive game throwing for 83 yrds and a QB sneak for a TD.

This is both depressing and wondrous at the same time.
Cause it wouldn't take much for him to have a 'great' game.
I mean....what if...what if....he goes off and throws for like 180 yards?
I think they could crack 20. Or come close.

Isn't Rutgers averaging like 5 yards a carry? And outgained Ohio State and had like 22 first downs to OSU's 15?

I don't love how this game sets up for Iowa. I think Rutgers just keeps pounding and pounding and pounding. I'm sure Iowa will be able to contain it for the most part, but if Rutgers is able to consistently generate first downs, not hard to see Rutgers putting together a couple scoring drives in the second half.

How many scoring drives does Iowa have in it? Gulp.

Isn't Rutgers averaging like 5 yards a carry? And outgained Ohio State and had like 22 first downs to OSU's 15?

I don't love how this game sets up for Iowa. I think Rutgers just keeps pounding and pounding and pounding. I'm sure Iowa will be able to contain it for the most part, but if Rutgers is able to consistently generate first downs, not hard to see Rutgers putting together a couple scoring drives in the second half.

Iowa 69, Buttgers 3. The offense will show and the defense will show. Have some faith, bud. That kid we have playing middle backer is the best LB these choades will see all year. They ain't getting 5 a carry on Saturday.

This is what kills Iowa. If Rutgers does this and takes care of the ball, they will win the TOS and move the chains keeping Iowa's D on the field. In addition, Iowa's offense would have to be very efficient and productive in less time and less plays during the game. Not good for this seasons Iowa offense.

This is the game here.

I got be honest, if any of those three teams scores two touchdowns against us its game over. We obviously don't have the offense to match points and field goal postition have been a struggle to get in also. I think we lose all three. I predict Iowa and Colorado in a bowl. Certainly don't want to play Kentucky or Missouri. Hell even could be Iowa st or Louisville . First time ever as an Iowa fan I could go with out a bowl game. Sad actually !

This is what kills Iowa. If Rutgers does this and takes care of the ball, they will win the TOS and move the chains keeping Iowa's D on the field. In addition, Iowa's offense would have to be very efficient and productive in less time and less plays during the game. Not good for this seasons Iowa offense.

This is the game here.
It's such a huge thing for Iowa to hold teams to FGs or even better missed FGs. We don't care to lose the TOP battle so long as ya aren't scoring TDs against us. It's just the fine line Iowa walks with every game how if they get down 10-0 or two possessions Iowa is in deep shit.

Iowa 69, Buttgers 3. The offense will show and the defense will show. Have some faith, bud. That kid we have playing middle backer is the best LB these choades will see all year. They ain't getting 5 a carry on Saturday.

Jay Higgins

Put some respect on his name, homie.:)

I got be honest, if any of those three teams scores two touchdowns against us its game over. We obviously don't have the offense to match points and field goal postition have been a struggle to get in also. I think we lose all three. I predict Iowa and Colorado in a bowl. Certainly don't want to play Kentucky or Missouri. Hell even could be Iowa st or Louisville . First time ever as an Iowa fan I could go with out a bowl game. Sad actually !

Good chance that Colorado will not even be bowl eligible. I get the frustration(if you are a true Iowa fan), but they are not losing all three and they are certainly not playing Kentucky in ANOTHER bowl game.

Rutgers won’t stomp us. They are just as bad at throwing the football as we are.

I worry more about the teams that play us a lot. After the Minny game, Fleck talked about a conversation he had in the offseason with Bielema, and how Bielema shared the secret of beating Iowa. He didn't divulge that secret, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is: load the box and dare them to make plays in the passing game, and for God's sake, don't throw them the ball when you are on offense! Be boring, play field position, just don't make the mistake that Iowa is counting on you to eventually make. Beat us at our own game.

Schiano is a pretty sharp guy, and I am sure he knows this, but I could see his youngish QB getting a little excited and trying to make a play against our secondary he really shouldn't try to make. That is my main source of hope for this game. Because if it comes down to our O having to outscore theirs, straight up, not feeling great about that.

I worry more about the teams that play us a lot. After the Minny game, Fleck talked about a conversation he had in the offseason with Bielema, and how Bielema shared the secret of beating Iowa. He didn't divulge that secret, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is: load the box and dare them to make plays in the passing game, and for God's sake, don't throw them the ball when you are on offense! Be boring, play field position, just don't make the mistake that Iowa is counting on you to eventually make. Beat us at our own game.

Schiano is a pretty sharp guy, and I am sure he knows this, but I could see his youngish QB getting a little excited and trying to make a play against our secondary he really shouldn't try to make. That is my main source of hope for this game. Because if it comes down to our O having to outscore theirs, straight up, not feeling great about that.
Hmm.

Rutgers might be very good, just in a buzzsaw division. IL and NE will be close but Rutgers might stomp us.
Well, someone got stomped in the Iowa Rutgers game. One team was shut out, and the other put up what I assume was the seasonal best yards. Plus, killed the ball at what, the 2 to finish the game? Much closer to 36-0 than the final score. Killed a scoring drive at the end of the game, and the one really bad throw intercepted late in the first half.

It looks like Iowa is going to be 8-2 and top twenty this week. How many posters predicted another loss today? Some. Instead, Iowa is at least tied for Division champ if we lose both remaining games.

But the Hawks are going to win out for the second ten-win Division champ. It may not be the biggest achievement for tOSU or Ann Arbor but it's a very good season at Iowa.

The real problem would arise if the offense somehow turns it around the last three games and scores more points in each game? The public is fickle.

How many posters predicted another loss today? Some.

I predicted Hill would have 180 and a runningback would have over 100. I believe Williams would, but they shut him down in the second half. Injured?

Even then, I didn't predict a win.

I believe I said "who knows?"

I predicted Hill would have 180 and a runningback would have over 100. I believe Williams would, but they shut him down in the second half. Injured?

Even then, I didn't predict a win.

I believe I said "who knows?"
Not a bit personal to you, all the Never Ferentz crowd who predicted an Iowa blow loss, or made statements like "I don't know how Iowa scores against Rutgers" is the target. That's why this mindless nihilism has got to stop.

Iowa may lose games and look ugly in wins, but we win far more than we lose-and a hell of lot more often than the drivel the Never Ferentz mob pours out every day. People from other schools check into these sites and they think Iowa fans are insane.

They just drift from week to week, complaining, snarking, trivializing wins where they projected losses. This does not excuse the poor offensive performances, but it does show the outrage monkeys need to lighten up the constant hyperbolic negativity.

Out Iowa Iowa. Most college kids just don't have the willpower to do it. Minnesota had to get saved by the refs to make it happen.

Out Iowa Iowa. Most college kids just don't have the willpower to do it. Minnesota had to get saved by the refs to make it happen.

But you gotta think that after the fighting flecks get Iowaed 7 years in a row, or whatever it was, they might be willing to try the Iowa strategy. I just don't think a team from the east that only sees Iowa every few years could muster that discipline.

I hope Bert and Fleck didn't think they had stumbled onto some ancient Chinese secret. What they were talking about is precisely how Fitzgerald had beaten us in years past. He had it figured out a decade and a half ago.