If it's on Twitter it must be true right?!

Hawkfnntn

Maybe it's actually been reported somewhere I have no idea I haven't seen it myself. What I have seen is ISU fans chirping on twitter saying that Frans youngest son Jack was in a car accident that killed a pedestrian. I hope this isn't true has anyone else heard anything about any of this?

This could be related but very vague and no names mentioned

.https://www.kcrg.com/2023/05/23/one-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-vehicle-iowa-city/

Here was a comment that was below the KCRG story:

It was my coworker, who was jogging the same route he has for the past 10+ years. He's still alive, but in the ICU. Poor guy was set to retire in a couple weeks.

Our boss just pulled all the coworkers into a meeting to inform us.

Here was a comment that was below the KCRG story:

It was my coworker, who was jogging the same route he has for the past 10+ years. He's still alive, but in the ICU. Poor guy was set to retire in a couple weeks.

Our boss just pulled all the coworkers into a meeting to inform us.
Hope it's true that he's still alive. This story doesn't have anything good about it otherwise. ISU fans are having a hayday with it is all I know.

This could be related but very vague and no names mentioned

.https://www.kcrg.com/2023/05/23/one-seriously-injured-after-being-hit-by-vehicle-iowa-city/
No way this doesn't get leaked if it was any Iowa athlete involved on either side of it.

Well, sadly, it may explain some of the talk about this incident. This link is an update on the one posted above.

A lot has been made of the fact that the driver has not been identified and a request by the Press-Citizen to see the accident report was denied.

Well, sadly, it may explain some of the talk about this incident. This link is an update on the one posted above.

A lot has been made of the fact that the driver has not been identified and a request by the Press-Citizen to see the accident report was denied.

Ah I see why folks are wondering what's up considering how they handled that previous accident involving minors then..... That raises questions for sure then the police should be having to answer

It's unfortunate for sure but we have no idea any of the facts of this case or if the driver was even at fault. Either way, he is a minor and that makes a lot of sense as to why no names have been released. I am sure Fran is trying to protect his kid legally and from any of this coming out... he's his fucking dad, of course he is. Would you help your kid in a situation like this or be like "nah, let's drag him through to mud and show him a lesson" ....

people are so dumb.

It's unfortunate for sure but we have no idea any of the facts of this case or if the driver was even at fault. Either way, he is a minor and that makes a lot of sense as to why no names have been released. I am sure Fran is trying to protect his kid legally and from any of this coming out... he's his fucking dad, of course he is. Would you help your kid in a situation like this or be like "nah, let's drag him through to mud and show him a lesson" ....

people are so dumb.
No doubt. It is however up to the media to hold the police accountable so everyone is treated the same. If any preferential treatment is in the works by the police that becomes problematic. I hope that's not the case and I'm sure more will be coming out about it.

If young Jack is at fault then that's a big time bummer... Which goes without saying the guy that died makes this whole thing a terrible situation all the way around.

Last edited:
Driver in the right lane stopped for a jogger, the driver in the left lane didn't stop. In Iowa at a pedestrian crossing the pedestrian has the right of way. The rumors of the driver are true.

It being a McCaffery doesn't make it any more or less tragic, it doesn't fucking matter who hit him, a guy died. Because of the high-profile parents and the bazillions of dollars they're going to have to shell out, it's likely being kept hush-hush by lawyers handing out threats.

Driver in the right lane stopped for a jogger, the driver in the left lane didn't stop. In Iowa at a pedestrian crossing the pedestrian has the right of way. The rumors of the driver are true.

It being a McCaffery doesn't make it any more or less tragic, it doesn't fucking matter who hit him, a guy died. Because of the high-profile parents and the bazillions of dollars they're going to have to shell out, it's likely being kept hush-hush by lawyers handing out threats.
Thats an easy mistake to make. Brutal timing. In my opinion, if a person gets hit while in the street it should always be his fault unless the driver is running a stop sign or red light. A person in the road can take a driver by surprise. But that person knows there are cars coming and knows to look for them every time they cross. I feel almost as bad for the driver as I do for the person who got hit.

Thats an easy mistake to make. Brutal timing. In my opinion, if a person gets hit while in the street it should always be his fault unless the driver is running a stop sign or red light. A person in the road can take a driver by surprise. But that person knows there are cars coming and knows to look for them every time they cross. I feel almost as bad for the driver as I do for the person who got hit.
Iowa law is explicit that cars always have to yield to pedestrians in crosswalk. It also quite common in IC for pedestrians to walk across crosswalks with red lights too.

It's tragic all the way around. I've been on Melrose enough to know there's no way I'd cross that street on foot, especially not at 4PM on a school day near West High, where there's hundreds of rich 16 year olds with no experience driving huge Range Rovers and Wagoneers and Camaros.

But, the bottom line is a guy got hit and it's a terrible deal for his family, no matter who hit him. I feel for Jack as well, but let's all be honest...it's softened somewhat by his family's ability to take care of any legal or financial problems. This will go away into nothing in a practical sense which makes things easier in a way. If I had hit someone at that age it would have completely wiped my family out and put us on the streets.

I hope he's getting some help with the mental side of it, I'm sure that's crushing him. Terrible all around.

This has been out there for a while. The initial word on the street was that the accident was still under investigation. As I said, that has been a while. But I have not heard anything definitive that said that Jack was at fault. There is a lot that we don't know.

How old is he? All I know is growing up how I did in NW Iowa when I was 16 I never hardly had traffic/pedestrians. Most of the towns I drove in barely had any lights. Cherokee and Storm Lake were it and I wasn't going there all that much. Learning to drive as a kid in IC or any city that size or larger has to be nuts. Growing up on the farm I started driving when I was 13 and I drove a shit ton on gravel roads going 45mph or so. I get the feeling the roads are full of kids that hardly have a clue what they are doing out there. Not saying that's the case here but young drivers just often aren't experienced enough to realize they need to be fully attentive when driving. And nowadays we all know there's a zillion things that go on to distract you when driving

There is really nothing criminally or civilly that will punish the driver, regardless of who he/she is, more than having the memory of what happened.