Iowa Hoops Gets Creighton in Gavitt Games

The ACC challenge is gone, right? The only conference challenge the Big Ten has right now is with the Big East I believe. Or did I remember that wrong?

That should be a great game. I went to Creighton so they are my back-up team to root for. They lost their stud PG, Nemhardt, and that kid made that team click. I think Kaluma is considering the NBA, but still might come back. He is a match-up nightmare. Iowa will have no answer for Kalkbrenner. Iowa better be bombing 3s.

Given style of play, its very possible one or both teams hit a100.

That should be a great game. I went to Creighton so they are my back-up team to root for. They lost their stud PG, Nemhardt, and that kid made that team click. I think Kaluma is considering the NBA, but still might come back. He is a match-up nightmare. Iowa will have no answer for Kalkbrenner. Iowa better be bombing 3s.

I am totally jacked as I live 5 minutes from the CHI Center. Kaluma is either going pro or transferring as he actually entered the portal. Nembardt got a Brinks truck backed up to him by the Zags.

Iowa will have no answer for Kalkbrenner and he's likely coming back as he's not going to get a good grade. This will be as unathletic as Creighton has been in a long time and there's Kalk is really the only player that scares me. He's really good....but they aren't particularly a good rebounding or defensive team.... the kind of team I like to play as an Iowa fan.

It's on the road and it will be full so I give the edge to CU but I think they take a bit of step back and there's more uncertainties there then at at Iowa.

I am totally jacked as I live 5 minutes from the CHI Center. Kaluma is either going pro or transferring as he actually entered the portal. Nembardt got a Brinks truck backed up to him by the Zags.

Iowa will have no answer for Kalkbrenner and he's likely coming back as he's not going to get a good grade. This will be as unathletic as Creighton has been in a long time and there's Kalk is really the only player that scares me. He's really good....but they aren't particularly a good rebounding or defensive team.... the kind of team I like to play as an Iowa fan.

It's on the road and it will be full so I give the edge to CU but I think they take a bit of step back and there's more uncertainties there then at at Iowa.

I have always liked Creighton after the Hawks Crighton and Villanova are my faves

Villanova because I grew up in Philadelphia

I think Creighton is one of those teams that one really can't like to a degree. They just don't do anything wrong as a university or get under any other teams or fans skin. You can't even hate them.

A solid well respected university, academically and in sports, I think. I've always liked Greg McDermott as well.

So I'm curious, how are Creighton games as far as being televised in that area. Are all or most games on TV?

So I'm curious, how are Creighton games as far as being televised in that area. Are all or most games on TV?
Yes, Big East's TV deal is Fox Sports, it's always on Fox, Fox Sports 1 or 2 and then they even have overflow channels. Every Creighton game is televised, even the OOC, unlike Iowa.

I think Creighton is one of those teams that one really can't like to a degree. They just don't do anything wrong as a university or get under any other teams or fans skin. You can't even hate them.

A solid well respected university, academically and in sports, I think. I've always liked Greg McDermott as well.
There have been a few bumps and bruises along the way. Recall McDermott was briefly suspended for referencing to his players everyone being on a "plantation." Cringe. Mac lost some good players after that, but he reloaded and then some. He was also implicated in the same shoe scandal that Bill Self was caught up in, but I don't think that Mac got in too much trouble there. There are a lot of rumors that Mac has some bag men and they bought players after his son came through and they transitioned to the Big East. He certainly upped the talent level very quickly once NIL came into existence. That is usually a sign that you were already paying players and were already good at it. Clean guys like Fran took some time to build the infrastructure to pay players.

If you want to go way back, Creighton was sued by a former players back in the 90s because he graduated from Creighton and read at a third grade level. He sued for academic negligence or something like that. Case made it to the Supreme Court.

A few skeletons, nothing too crazy. I agree that Mac is likeable and Creighton is a fun team to follow. CHI is packed every night. That Iowa ticket will be spendy.

There have been a few bumps and bruises along the way. Recall McDermott was briefly suspended for referencing to his players everyone being on a "plantation." Cringe. Mac lost some good players after that, but he reloaded and then some. He was also implicated in the same shoe scandal that Bill Self was caught up in, but I don't think that Mac got in too much trouble there. There are a lot of rumors that Mac has some bag men and they bought players after his son came through and they transitioned to the Big East. He certainly upped the talent level very quickly once NIL came into existence. That is usually a sign that you were already paying players and were already good at it. Clean guys like Fran took some time to build the infrastructure to pay players.

If you want to go way back, Creighton was sued by a former players back in the 90s because he graduated from Creighton and read at a third grade level. He sued for academic negligence or something like that. Case made it to the Supreme Court.

A few skeletons, nothing too crazy. I agree that Mac is likeable and Creighton is a fun team to follow. CHI is packed every night. That Iowa ticket will be spendy.
Yeah, there is definitely some things with CU that aren't on the up and up for bit. His assistant was on the Showtime Doc that followed that whole scandal and offered 5k for a fake player that didn't even exist. It's also weird IMO that one of their best players left when they potentially are sitting on a top 10 team next season if everyone who can return actually returned.

They have their NIL poop in a scoop but I've seen the team flying commercial as recently as last season so while they likely do have a nice NIL nest egg to sit on, they are definitely not a wealthy program (but have lots of wealthy donors)

Yeah, there is definitely some things with CU that aren't on the up and up for bit. His assistant was on the Showtime Doc that followed that whole scandal and offered 5k for a fake player that didn't even exist. It's also weird IMO that one of their best players left when they potentially are sitting on a top 10 team next season if everyone who can return actually returned.

They have their NIL poop in a scoop but I've seen the team flying commercial as recently as last season so while they likely do have a nice NIL nest egg to sit on, they are definitely not a wealthy program (but have lots of wealthy donors)
Nimhardt left for a boatload of NIL cash. Who can blame him. Because there is no football team to split NIL cash donors with, Creighton has plenty of money. Apparently Gonzaga has more, or at least they valued Nimhart more.

Kalkbrener is returning and that is huge. Hard to replace that size in the middle. Baylerman is good. They have weapons and will be dangerous, but if the whole team had returned as they could have, they would be preseason Top 5.

Nimhardt left for a boatload of NIL cash. Who can blame him. Because there is no football team to split NIL cash donors with, Creighton has plenty of money. Apparently Gonzaga has more, or at least they valued Nimhart more.

Kalkbrener is returning and that is huge. Hard to replace that size in the middle. Baylerman is good. They have weapons and will be dangerous, but if the whole team had returned as they could have, they would be preseason Top 5.
Oh I don't blame him, but like, he was already established and likely getting a good NIL deal, on a great team and a huge part of their team. I get that it's an open market and no one can blame them but still an eye raise when you see it at such a successful place and with a guy who's guaranteed minutes in a high profile program. They have plenty of money, but again, fly commercial a lot. I see them regularly in the Omaha airport. It's weird and really weird when I know most teams are flying in a private jet.

I never really thought about that, the point about certain very strong schools that don't have football programs. Yea, they are going to get even stronger. Think about it, the advantage of not having to spread the wealth to a small city of football players and only to a basketball roster. Drastically different, numbers speaking.

I never really thought about that, the point about certain very strong schools that don't have football programs. Yea, they are going to get even stronger. Think about it, the advantage of not having to spread the wealth to a small city of football players and only to a basketball roster. Drastically different, numbers speaking.
I felt those schools would really struggle with the TV money that the bigger schools will get. But we aren't there yet. Like, this new TV deal isn't in place yet that is going to net almost every B1G team close to a 100 million a year. Meanwhile Creighton is flying commercial to a lot of games. Good luck with that