Iowa withheld some athletes from competition

Looks like for baseball it's Keaton Anthony, Jacob Henderson, and two others who were not named. Anthony is big because he leads the team in batting average, slugging percentage and OPS. Henderson is a relief pitcher but has seen action. Not sure about the other two. But this could be ugly. Coach Heller just got his #1000 win this weekend. Could be a big blow to the team.

Based on a post above it seems like the horse racing or boxing gambling would be permissible.

I have been opposed to sports gambling ever since January 1, 1986. I don't know what caused those fumbles, but I will never know if they were legit either. A coach should never be placed in a spot where he has to ask if every one of his men is playing for the same team out there.
Not much doubt, is there? The guy had over 200 carries that season with only a single fumble. Then fumbles four times in the first half on a dry day in Pasadena. Throw in a wide open dropped touchdown pass, from a guy who ultimately was considered one of the best receiving running backs in NFL history.

We already know he was being paid his senior year, and it's been established those agents had ties to one of the five families in New York.

I'm sure he was in a tight spot. I'm guessing he did it out of fear for his family's safety rather than a big pay day.

Still hurts though. Iowa wins that one and they finish 11-1, #2 in the country, Rose Bowl champions. Still trying to check a couple of those boxes...

Iowa State also having issues regarding this ...

Mike Hlas

@Hlas

·
28m

From Iowa State: “Iowa State University and its Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is aware of online sports wagering allegations involving approximately 15 of our active student-athletes from the sports of football, wrestling and track & field in violation of NCAA rules."

The scary part is that it started in one sport and has moved into others. Scary to think how far it could go.

26 total current student athletes, including in men’s basketball, wrestling, baseball, and T&F

Lovely. Let's just hope that it is overblown, or so widespread in college sports that we are just one sentence to a larger story.....
I did see that betting wasn’t halted on Iowa baseball so that at least means they weren’t or aren’t suspected of points shaving or betting on their own games.

My gut hunch is a bunch of players were betting on DraftKings on their phones like millions of other 21 year olds and got caught. If it were more serious I think we’d have heard grumblings about it by now.

Lovely. Let's just hope that it is overblown, or so widespread in college sports that we are just one sentence to a larger story.....
With ISU being brought up as well makes me think this.. It's just a matter of where are they looking. You look for it and you'll find it. I'm pretty sure it's everywhere too

I did see that betting wasn’t halted on Iowa baseball so that at least means they weren’t or aren’t suspected of points shaving or betting on their own games.

My gut hunch is a bunch of players were betting on DraftKings on their phones like millions of other 21 year olds and got caught. If it were more serious I think we’d have heard grumblings about it by now.
Saw Arland Bruces name thrown around and rumblings are he was doing his part to hold down Iowa's O even more.... If that sort of thing is the case holy Fn shit. I mean I hope what I saw isn't true but it could possibly be really really bad...

Latest posts