Do we like the Ohio State WR visiting today?

I think Fry is the only one here who is under 45 and he knows who Willie Guy is.
He usually refs one of our HS basketball games every year. I tell our kids about him but they just roll their eyes. A few pounds heavier but is still pretty damn athletic.

Iowa's offense desperately needs a WR with burner speed, just to keep the safeties honest. I don't know Brown's straight-line speed, but sure hope he's that guy.

I think he needs to hear this message. We sucked on offense because we didn't have good players. OLine sub standard players > no time to throw > for a QB who lacked mobility > who got sacked a lot > > to players who were not very good> punt a lot > few overall plays > low production. Good players mean more plays and more production. The run pass mix will remain close to 50/50
Just to point out... OSU had a run/pass mix of 465/408 last year. That's right more run than pass.

Do these kids even need to bother with visiting campus?? Just show up at the bank with lawyers who specialize in contract law……….. CHA CHING!!!!! $$$$$. You know all kidding aside there are probably threads of truth in my comments. Speaking of threads the recruits may show up in the following………..

I was thinking the same thing. If he is visiting, the "deal" is already worked out. The visit was merely a formality to seal the deal. And from the sound it, it now sounds like a done deal. Kudos to the staff for making it happen.

A buddy of mine, a huge OSU follower, just texted me they have 3 x 4* WRs from 2023 class on campus and 1 x 5* WR signed. In addition to the veterans. Loaded position.

I love it! This is great news!!!! Hawkeye fans cheer up!!! gets old reading negative posts some places AFTER we get someone. Go hawks!!

Iowa's offense desperately needs a WR with burner speed, just to keep the safeties honest. I don't know Brown's straight-line speed, but sure hope he's that guy.
He’s fast 4.4 fast. 2nd rated rec. recruit in the nation I believe last year. I’m in a state of shock right now. This is the real deal folks. While The tight ends force close coverage Brown will force deep coverage. Looks like Cade’s health is gonna be the deciding factor in a season which might be historic. Someone pinch me, but nobody from this board please.

This is great news but I do remember when everybody thought Oliver Martin was going to be the big WR add from the transfer portal. Sometimes there is a reason a player is buried on a teams depth chart.

But I am going to choose to think this time is different. Kaleb Brown is the real deal. He could easily become Iowa's #1 WR.

OMG yes we'd welcome him with open arms. Dude was a top 65 kid depending on who you subscribe to. He's a faster better version of what Tyrone Tracy was supposed to be for us. 5'10 195. After going through spring ball he found himself burried on OSUs depth chart probably figured he'd get leapfrogged by recruits coming up behind him too. He wants to play and be a difference maker. All players want to hear that when being recruited. Iowa allows that opportunity for sure. A WR like him to me is the difference between a 7 win season and maybe a 10 or more one. It'd almost be too good to be true to land him. Fingers crossed.
He's a good get but Jerry Rice in his prime would have a tough time being a difference maker at Iowa.

He's a good get but Jerry Rice in his prime would have a tough time being a difference maker at Iowa.

It all comes down to the line. If it is merely an average Iowa line this is a top 10 team. One WR who can draw a double will make this offense formidable. I will still give Brian the benefit of the doubt on Xs and Os. I think he has it. He ain't O'Keefe, but he's a million times better than Greg Davis.