Influx of Transfers New for Iowa

The big brain move would be to cut 6-12 inches and 50-100 pounds off of everyone. "Robert Gallery, 5'8", 235 pounds."
There's some pretty good AI software out there that could make our OL face pictures look skinny like Pat McCaffery. Why not go full bore?

I have no clue why schools constantly lie about heights and weights. Iowa is by no means the only school that does it. What purpose? Do they think an opponent will peak at the 2-deep and tremble in fear if a guy is 2 inches taller? Do they think that they can fool NFL draftniks into drafting guys even though every player is put through a thorough inspection and some of the headlines of the combine relate to guys being shorter than what their schools professed. Its just dumb.
It is so stupid when you think about it. Everybody knows you can take a couple inches off and some pounds off. Happens in basketball to. Dumb.

It's like setting your alarm clock ahead trying to trick yourself in the morning, only to hit the snooze button 3 times, because, you know you set the alarm clock ahead.

There's some pretty good AI software out there that could make our OL face pictures look skinny like Pat McCaffery. Why not go full bore?

Really, wouldn't the real advantage to list players much smaller and lighter than they are, so when they meet up across the line from each other have that "Holy Chit" moment.

It is so stupid when you think about it. Everybody knows you can take a couple inches off and some pounds off. Happens in basketball to. Dumb.

It's like setting your alarm clock ahead trying to trick yourself in the morning, only to hit the snooze button 3 times, because, you know you set the alarm clock ahead.

That second 9 minutes feels like 7 hours.

This is not very optimistic if you asked me

"
Ferentz said the offensive line is one of the position groups that needs to take a big step in the spring.

“The more I watch film, especially in the offensive line, it's just hard to duplicate experience, whether it's playing or practicing,” Ferentz said. “I went over the litany of challenges that we faced the last two years probably with that group, and continue to face because we're a little thin right now. I wish we weren't, but we are. From my experience, the only way you get better is going out there, you have to practice it, you have to rep it, just get better at developing your skills, plus physical maturity helps. I still remain very cautiously optimistic. If we can get what we need to get done in reasonable fashion, I think we're going to be just fine.”

translation. right now we have some guys hurt but most of them just are not very good and we have to work really hard to develop them

I still remain very cautiously optimistic. If we can get what we need to get done in reasonable fashion,

geez can't wait

Our line has been young. Hopefully they step up this year. Otherwise the defense will have to carry them again.

That is what Kirk was eluding to when he uses the term “Big Picture” in this article.

I do believe the offense will be better next season. I suspect Kirk is a little more hands on with working with the offensive line. That’s a good thing if it’s happening.

Really, wouldn't the real advantage to list players much smaller and lighter than they are, so when they meet up across the line from each other have that "Holy Chit" moment.

I do this IRL with my age. Where so many people say they are younger than they really are, I like to add a few years and hope people think, "Wow, he looks really good for his age." If I said I was 6-7 younger, they'd be wondering what happened to me.

I do this IRL with my age. Where so many people say they are younger than they really are, I like to add a few years and hope people think, "Wow, he looks really good for his age." If I said I was 6-7 younger, they'd be wondering what happened to me.
Lol.

I'm still of the opinion that we need at least one more P5 level OL and WR.
Are there any prospects at that level looking at Iowa?