Official South Carolina vs Iowa Final 4 Game thread!

I have said it before

And I WILL say it again

CAITLIN IS THE BEST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN, MAN OR WOMAN

And I have watched basketball from the 1950's

Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Julius Irving, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and all others

She is the absolute Best EVER

In terms of officiating, even Don Patterson, Hayden's former OC....said the officiating was biased towards SC...and it was obvious. From the Hawkeye of the Storm Podcast.

Really proud of them......season no question is a historic success for the program. I just hope, if they don't win......they don't get embarrassed.

When Iowa teams get in these spots.....there is a Christian McCaffery around the corner.

Here is to hoping South Carolina can't hit the broad side of a barn, Iowa holds their own on the defensive boards, and Iowa shoots them out of the gym.
There was a Christian McCaffery around the corner.

She was wearing 22 for Iowa.

I’m all for it, but SC is fucking stupid for benching Boston a lá Fran.
That was the game right there. I don't care if SC weathered the storm and even came back with her on the bench.

Boston was out of rhythm and out of sorts the whole second half. Will never understand why coaches do it, especially deep in postseason.

No way was Bluder going to do the same thing to Clark, not for a full quarter anyway. I wonder if Staley would have if Caitlin played for her.

Last edited:
That was the game right there. I don't care if SC weathered the storm and even came back with her on the bench.

Boston was out of rhythm and out of sorts the whole second half. Will never understand why coaches do it, especially deep in postseason.

No way was Bluder going to do the same thing to Clark, not for a full quarter anyway. I wonder if Staley would have if Caitlin played for her.
I’ve never shied away from admitting I’m a huge Fran fan, but that part of his coaching philosophy is idiotic and has likely cost us games before.

I’ve never shied away from admitting I’m a huge Fran fan, but that part of his coaching philosophy is idiotic and has likely cost us games before.
I think Staley was (justifiably) convinced she could wear Iowa down with length, relentless depth and physical defense regardless of who was on the floor. They had done it to everyone else and it had yet to be proven unsuccessful.

But Bluder had an answer for every bench move she made. And in last night's case it cost Staley rhe game.

SC tried to hound and pound Clark. Caitlin thrived on it.. So did Monika.. If I'm Mulkey and LSU I do the opposite. I run two quick waterbugs after her at all times, sacrifice offense, do what it takes to deny her the basketball, and neutralize Monika through denying Clark. I make Martin handle the ball and Warnock and Marshall shoot it

Those players are all capable of going off and having the game of their life. And it won't take much for Bluder to adjust and backdoor LSU to death. Or invert the offense and post Clark up. But LSU has no chance if Clark is allowed to facilitate as much as she did last night.

I think Staley was (justifiably) convinced she could wear Iowa down with length, relentless depth and physical defense regardless of who was on the floor. They had done it to everyone else and it had yet to be proven unsuccessful.
Did Staley remind anyone else of the modern mafia boss or cartel boss sitting on the sidelines. Stoic and ready to take out any competition?

But the Hawks were ready to because they were 2 steps ahead all game long in strategy. 1 of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen in any sport, men or women.

The entire game I was just waiting for USC to make their run and take control - I just knew at some point they would wearing Iowa down with their deep bench. Honestly I wasn't until it got less than 4 minutes left in the game I thought- holy shit, we might actually win this.

I just wonder if Jan will every leave? She could make so much money anywhere else - I mean she is only like 6 years younger than Bluder - so not sure if long term plan was to be her eventual replacement.

But Bluder had an answer for every bench move she made. And in last night's case it cost Staley rhe game.

SC tried to hound and pound Clark. Caitlin thrived on it.. So did Monika.. If I'm Mulkey and LSU I do the opposite. I run two quick waterbugs after her at all times, sacrifice offense, do what it takes to deny her the basketball, and neutralize Monika through denying Clark. I make Martin handle the ball and Warnock and Marshall shoot it

Those players are all capable of going off and having the game of their life. And it won't take much for Bluder to adjust and backdoor LSU to death. Or invert the offense and post Clark up. But LSU has no chance if Clark is allowed to facilitate as much as she did last night.

What Bluder is doing when she has CC playing off the ball is good stuff. Bluder isn't doing it a ton, but having the offense still flow without CC being the primary ball handler...IMO, is the key to all this. Just allowing CC to have moments and hunt for shots without worrying about initiating offense for her or rest of the team...it is a game changer.

I'm a little nervous the hawks will be worn down for tomorrow's game. That was a dog fight and they have less than 48 hours between games.

I've heard a couple rumors by national "pundits" who seem to think Clark will torch LSU for 50.

Could happen.
It seems like that's the only fitting end for this season. A 50 point triple double. Hands down the most dominant single game performance in tournament history.

Four of the Hawkeye starters average 37-39 minutes a game

They just need a short blow on the bench to recharge

The Hawks have, besides Caitlin, three sharpshooters on the perimeter waiting for a pass
from Caitlin who usually has 2 opponents shadowing her

This is perhaps the most fun Hawkeye team to watch, simply a pleasure

It's All Good, Lads

:cool: