I'm calling, it GREATEST WIN in Iowa Sports History

Clark in this year's post-season (B1G and NCAA):
29.9 pt, 49.4% FG, 40.6% 3FG, 6.8 reb, 10.1 asst

Most teams try to junk Iowa up. SC thought they had the horses to play her straight up. No one does, she is just that good.
And the thing is, she wasn't really on from behind the line, even forced a couple.

But she was able to get defenders on her hip and drive to the rim, pull up in the lane. Because SC had to respect the threat of the three. And of course her court vision is what truly sets her apart, seeing the floor, rising in the moment. She even grabbed a couple big rebounds late when others were struggling to clear the defensive glass.

SC chose to take away the three and we carved them up with dribble drive and pick and roll action. It will be interesting to see what LSU tries to take away. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely sell out to stop Clark and people like Warnock and Gabbie Marshall have wide open looks all night.

Reminds me of the 1980 Olympic "Miracle on Ice" when Herb Brooks and the boys pulled the monster upset in the semi's.

Team USA's gold medal win vs Finland two days later was almost anticlimactic.

And the thing is, she wasn't really on from behind the line, even forced a couple.

But she was able to get defenders on her hip and drive to the rim, pull up in the lane. Because SC had to respect the threat of the three. And of course her court vision is what truly sets her apart, seeing the floor, rising in the moment. She even grabbed a couple big rebounds late when others were struggling to clear the defensive glass.

SC chose to take away the three and we carved them up with dribble drive and pick and roll action. It will be interesting to see what LSU tries to take away. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely sell out to stop Clark and people like Warnock and Gabbie Marshall have wide open looks all night.

That is kind of what I am thinking, but I thought that would be the case last night. If they do sell out to stop Clark, let's hope it looks like the B1G championship game when OSU tried that, and Iowa rained fire from 3 and Clark had 17 assists.

That is kind of what I am thinking, but I thought that would be the case last night. If they do sell out to stop Clark, let's hope it looks like the B1G championship game when OSU tried that, and Iowa rained fire from 3 and Clark had 17 assists.
SC sold out to stop Clark from shooting the three.

They left themselves vulnerable to everything else, and Caitlin made them pay.

I think the only way to stop her is completely sell out to denying her the ball, and take your chances with our other perimeter shooters. Warnock and Marshall were off last night, and that would have been trouble for any other team.

But we aren't any other team. Bluder will still find a way to get the ball in Clark's hands, perhaps posting her up.

Reminds me of the 1980 Olympic "Miracle on Ice" when Herb Brooks and the boys pulled the monster upset in the semi's.

Team USA's gold medal win vs Finland two days later was almost anticlimactic.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts. They need to finish the deal. Another good comp would be Duke beating Kansas after upsetting that undefeated UNLV team in the FF in ‘91.

SC sold out to stop Clark from shooting the three.

They left themselves vulnerable to everything else, and Caitlin made them pay.

I think the only way to stop her is completely sell out to denying her the ball, and take your chances with our other perimeter shooters. Warnock and Marshall were off last night, and that would have been trouble for any other team.

But we aren't any other team. Bluder will still find a way to get the ball in Clark's hands, perhaps posting her up.
I think SC should have played straight up tough man to man on Iowa. By doubling Clark....they took away their athletic advantages they would have had over the other Iowa players. It did not work anyway with her getting 41 points.

I think SC should have played straight up tough man to man on Iowa. By doubling Clark....they took away their athletic advantages they would have had over the other Iowa players. It did not work anyway with her getting 41 points.

How they didn't focus and take out Czinano with their athleticism and height is mind boggling. I've said before during the season this is how I would defend them. But, oh well.

If you can't take out the #1, you let them get theirs and take out the #2.

How they didn't focus and take out Czinano with their athleticism and height is mind boggling. I've said before during the season this is how I would defend them. But, oh well.

If you can't take out the #1, you let them get theirs and take out the #2.
Like others have said, the SC coaching staff never adjusted to the pick n roll. Amazing.

Then again, maybe Iowa just runs it so well they couldn't.

This team is amazing.
Good word. The person I'm going to miss - and I think we are going to find this person REALLY tough to replace - is McKenna Warnock. Night in and night out, she had to bring more blue-collar hard work to the team than even Kate Martin. She had to guard the other team's "4", which meant size and toughness some nights, another 3-ball threat another night, and screens and positioning galore most nights.

What she brought the team really allowed CC to shine. And how many nights did she have THE key offensive rebound late. There was the BTT semi-final vs. Maryland (one helluva game, even now with the South Carolina game to watch over and over again), and then that "get" in the closing seconds vs. South Carolina.

And she has done one thing even greater. For a person who has, even up to today, absolutely despised the dental profession (long story - but no one should have the time of day for the current bunch), she has gotten me to seriously consider going to the dentist, especially if it is her - and one day soon she will be one.