Have to admit...

Overseas teams don't have such restrictions.
1) She's probably already making more NIL money than she'd get overseas, and after her showing this year it's only going to grow.

2) If she's talking about possibly coming back for her covid year in 2025 I'd say it's not very likely she's going to go overseas.

What is this WNBA you speak of?

All jokes aside whether she'll succeed in the WNBA or doesn't have the skill set needed to dominate at that level she's definitely got the "it" factor at the college level. Like with Luka, let's just sit back and enjoy the ride while she's here and miss a generational talent once she's gone.
As Mike Hlas of the Gazette mentioned Caitlin is not a generational talent but is one of a kind. We may never see this again ever.

What is this WNBA you speak of?

All jokes aside whether she'll succeed in the WNBA or doesn't have the skill set needed to dominate at that level she's definitely got the "it" factor at the college level. Like with Luka, let's just sit back and enjoy the ride while she's here and miss a generational talent once she's gone.
This is hardly a joke. It's really the sad truth. I was watching a show on one of the sports channels a while back and the speaker brought up a good point. He said I challenge you to name last year's WNBA champion. Then said I tell you what I'll make it easier for you, name the WNBA team closest to you. I bet you the majority of the population can't do this without an internet search. He's right. I haven't the slightest clue who either team is.

1) She's probably already making more NIL money than she'd get overseas, and after her showing this year it's only going to grow.

2) If she's talking about possibly coming back for her covid year in 2025 I'd say it's not very likely she's going to go overseas.
And even if not. If you're still making quite a bit here wouldn't you rather be here then over there? All that learning new languages adapting to cultures and moving all over hell living out of suitcases being so far from home away from everyone you know isn't for everyone... I mean it'd have to be damn near double what I could get here to consider it for me to do it. And clearly that's not the case for her she's making big bucks and I'm sure her representatives phones have been blowing up this week with more NIL/endorsement opportunities...

Today there was an article that listed Caitlin Clark's NIL deals. No money amounts were included, but so far she has contracts with The Vinyl Shop in Des Moines; Hy-Vee; H & R Block; Topps and Nike.

The average WNBA salary in 2022 (got this figure online, so you know it to be 100% accurate) (ha!), was $102,751. The highest 2023 WNBA salary is listed at $252,450 (apparently that's an average calculated in a contract that carries over multiple seasons.) National POY Megan Gustafson's current salary (again--from an online source) with Phoenix is $74,305. She is playing in Greece now to make a decent living.

Given how the attention to Caitlin Clark has exploded like a volcano in the past week, her NIL offers are going to increase exponentially.

Earlier in this or another thread, there was good conversation about whether she will go pro after her senior season or use the Covid year. Certainly the challenge of showing the world how talented she is in the WNBA will be tempting, but if her financial best interest is a key factor, and likely much more importantly, with her love of being a Hawkeye and her burning desire to make additional runs to the Final Four, and obliterating career records), we will have the pleasure of two more seasons of Caitlin Clark.

(At least that's my hope!) :)

It cannot be said enough. She probably earns more at Iowa through NIL than she can in the WNBA.
She can work on an MBA while she plays. I like that deal.

It cannot be said enough. She probably earns more at Iowa through NIL than she can in the WNBA.
She can work on an MBA while she plays. I like that deal.
Here's all we need to know about her NIL situation. She's turning down offers. Probably a lot of them. Offers that you and I would take in a heart beat. But she just doesn't have enough time in the day to do them all. I bet her representatives phones are ringing off the hook this week.

The fact she's a JR with 2 more yrs to play if she wants makes her extra likeable for endorsers. There's no hotter name out there atm pretty much.

Also of note is if she averages 27 points per game next year (that’s conservative) she will be the all time career points leader. If she plays two more years she will have the all time record women or men.

1680118154159.png

1680118256681.png

Average WNBA attendance is around 5800 per game. You play in the summer when people are out of bball mode typically and no one watches on tv.

In college the next year (hopefully 2 more years) CC and Iowa will be playing in front of sold out crowds and watched on millions of tvs. Definitely getting way more exposure and money staying in college playing close to home. Someone mentioned that she is the most famous bball player in the US right now. That is 100% true. Everyone knows who she is. She is must see TV and not going anywhere!

Selfishly I hope she stays 2 more years. This is what could elevate Iowa to a top 5 program for years to come. Who wouldn't want to play with CC and in front of sold out crowds every night. Recruiting boom from this should be huge.

View attachment 10035

View attachment 10036

Average WNBA attendance is around 5800 per game. You play in the summer when people are out of bball mode typically and no one watches on tv.

In college the next year (hopefully 2 more years) CC and Iowa will be playing in front of sold out crowds and watched on millions of tvs. Definitely getting way more exposure and money staying in college playing close to home. Someone mentioned that she is the most famous bball player in the US right now. That is 100% true. Everyone knows who she is. She is must see TV and not going anywhere!

Selfishly I hope she stays 2 more years. This is what could elevate Iowa to a top 5 program for years to come. Who wouldn't want to play with CC and in front of sold out crowds every night. Recruiting boom from this should be huge.

I think what this college season is showing is that people do want to watch compelling basketball, men's or women's. And if you give women good time slots and visibility, people are into it. Now, the wizardry that is Caitlin Clark plays a role in this, but it is more than just her.

Which makes me wonder: has the NBA undersold the WNBA? The NBA has subsidized that league, but basically treated it like a charity project all along. So it has performed like a charity project.

If they moved the league to the winter/spring and actually gave them good time slots, could the WNBA do what women's college ball is doing right now? I would think something like a Christmas to May season, entering the post-season right after the women's tournament concludes, and wrapping it up before the NBA playoffs get serious. I think there is a market. If there ever was a time for such a move, it will be as this crop of college stars is about to enter the league.

WNBA teams are loaded, by the way. With only 12 teams, each team is pretty much all college all-Americans or international stars.

I think what this college season is showing is that people do want to watch compelling basketball, men's or women's. And if you give women good time slots and visibility, people are into it. Now, the wizardry that is Caitlin Clark plays a role in this, but it is more than just her.

Which makes me wonder: has the NBA undersold the WNBA? The NBA has subsidized that league, but basically treated it like a charity project all along. So it has performed like a charity project.

If they moved the league to the winter/spring and actually gave them good time slots, could the WNBA do what women's college ball is doing right now? I would think something like a Christmas to May season, entering the post-season right after the women's tournament concludes, and wrapping it up before the NBA playoffs get serious. I think there is a market. If there ever was a time for such a move, it will be as this crop of college stars is about to enter the league.

WNBA teams are loaded, by the way. With only 12 teams, each team is pretty much all college all-Americans or international stars.
Really good points. I like starting the playoffs for the wnba right after march madness too. Everyone is in basketball mode and use that momentum. Hype it up since womens ncaa and wnba are both on espn/abc.

The teams are loaded heck Megan Gustafson struggles to find the playing time. The product is good the marketing and timing in my opinion hurts viewership and notoriety.