Clark could Play for the Men's Team

I usually agree with and like your posts. But you are way off on this and most are. Girls now are way better athletes and basketball players than you are giving them credit for. Clark is definitely at the the level of D3 mens player. Her shooting alone is insane and would have no issues getting a shot off. She is 6 foot tall. She can also shoot it from 25+ feet. No one on here could stay in front of her trying to guard that far away from the hoop in space.

Also I coach HS girls basketball. We have been a top 3 team the past two years in our class. We have a one mid major player and 2 probably d2 players. (They are soph and jrs) They are freaking good. No one on here could compete with them either. You all need to get out of the past. Girls bball player are stronger, faster and more skilled now than they ever have been plus they can shoot it with more range.

I know some of you are joking but unfortunately most aren't which blows my mind.

The main point is to enjoy what we are witnessing with CC and the Iowa team, someone like her doesn't come around very often if ever. She is basically Steph Curry.
Yeah some of these posts are stuck in 1989...

For sure men are stronger and faster and better athletes.. that is why the women's teams have college kids' men's gray team to compete against them.

I think some people are thinking about their undefeated teams in Algona Iowa or something.

I practiced with a top 5 ranked state tournament team last year (5A)

Our point guard who will run track in college... I laugh at the thought that some of these men on this forum think they could stay in front of her.

She is faster than 85% of the men on this forum....She could dribble better than 95% of the men on this forum.

Caitlan Clark could not play at the division one men's level... of course not.

But some of the other assertions in this thread are fantasy land.

For sure men are stronger and faster and better athletes.. that is why the women's teams have college kids' men's gray team to compete against them.

I think some people are thinking about their undefeated teams in Algona Iowa or something.

Our point guard who will run track in college... I laugh at the thought that some of these men on this forum think they could stay in front of her.

She is faster than 85% of the men on this forum....She could dribble better than 95% of the men on this forum.

You're making a big assumption and blanket assertion there fantasy land.

I also find it rich that it's ok for you to say that women are better than men (faster then 85% of the men on here) and can dribble better then (95% of the men on here) but if we say the same thing about a woman, it's offensive. Equal rights is a two way street. Neither is offensive.

You are essentially degrading men the same way that you're claiming other posters have degraded women

PS. I'm just having fun with this at this point, it does seem like an incredibly slippery slope and double standard.

I get that I am not being politically correct in my stance and Fry can close this up, it won't get me bent out of shape. I don't feel strongly enough, I've just enjoyed the banter about it. All said, there are many degrading and chauvinistic shit that could have been said that haven't been and this is on a public, anonymous forum. There's hope for us yet.

I am definitely not joking or saying it in jest. I think that's actually quite more offensive to do that. I appreciate that you like some of my other posts but that doesn't really change how I feel.

I said in my original post that Caitlin is a next level shooter and that would translate at any level. I also said that a lot of dudes who are on this board could likely beat her in a game of basketball. I just meant one on one really.

I also don't live in a cave where I get no exposure to women who play sports. They are stronger, they are faster and IMO - women's sports are at the highest level they've ever been. I only drew on my experience growing up. I am sure a lot has changed and the world has certainly changed for them and they have more opportunity then ever before. I would fight for that right. They deserve the same stage and equal rights that men get to play and compete with.

that said, and feelings aside, let's be honest. She is not basically Steph Curry. They aren't equal in any fashion or comparable at least from a basketball, genetic or athletic stand point and me saying that shouldn't offend you, Caitlin or any other person reading it. But that's ok. Not everything and everyone in the world are created equal. Things aren't always fair. If it does offend you, please state why. If you can give me a reason why, I will honestly do my best to objectively see your side of things.

I am not trying to be a jerk, I am not trying to just be a contrarian, I'm just giving my opinion on the topic.

but... with Steph...They are not the same gender, not the same race, not the same height, not the same weight, not the same speed. They didn't come from the same background, they didn't go to the same schools. There's nothing close to Caitlin Clark that is like Steph Curry. I mean, I guess they both play basketball and she can shoot it from distance. But that's about where I would end it. You could compare her to at least a million other people just as easy as Steph, probably easier.

and saying all of that is with me being a HUGE CC fan. She's the GOAT. Best women's player of all time imo - I am appreciative and enjoying what we have.
InGoodCo- I respect you and your opinions. You are very respectful always and actually throw out factual information and never name or talk down to others. That is how you actually have a good discussion/argument.

I should have said her game is basically Curry reincarnated comparative to who she plays. Right? Im not saying she can play D1 power 5 basketball at the same level. I know that.

Similar to Curry-
Transcends the game
She has boys and girls looking up to her and are in awe
Does things no one can or has done (stat wise)
Hits contested shots off of the dribble from anywhere (Curry, Lilliard, CC)
No matter race or gender, twitter is fawning all over her. Including wnba and nba greats.
She may be a better passer
Similar range and the guts to hit and take/make big shots and plays
They also turn the ball over alot but with flair LOL
Definitely not as big, fast or athletic

This is a great hypothetical. I just hate when guys downplay women. She is super talented and would hold her own. The one on one argument is the worst ever in basketball too. Basketball is 5 on 5 and a team sport. How good you are at one on one doesn't matter.

You're making a big assumption and blanket assertion there fantasy land.

I also find it rich that it's ok for you to say that women are better than men (faster then 85% of the men on here) and can dribble better then (95% of the men on here) but if we say the same thing about a woman, it's offensive. Equal rights is a two way street. Neither is offensive.

You are essentially degrading men the same way that you're claiming other posters have degraded women

Im saying not all men are automatically faster or better.

Which you knew but decided to try to twist it into that strange post.

You must have missed the first line of my post where I said men are typically better athletes....

But then strawman it into me saying women are better than men....

Im saying not all men are automatically faster or better.

Which you knew but decided to try to twist it into that strange post.

You must have missed the first line of my post where I said men are typically better athletes....

But then strawman it into me saying women are better than men....
I didn’t say all men either but I did flip it on ya. I said she wouldn’t be able to play in Iowa’s men’s team and that a lot of dudes who post on here could beat her in a one on one match up. Probably not accurate and a great over generalization.

My bad. Sorry

InGoodCo- I respect you and your opinions. You are very respectful always and actually throw out factual information and never name or talk down to others. That is how you actually have a good discussion/argument.

I should have said her game is basically Curry reincarnated comparative to who she plays. Right? Im not saying she can play D1 power 5 basketball at the same level. I know that.

Similar to Curry-
Transcends the game
She has boys and girls looking up to her and are in awe
Does things no one can or has done (stat wise)
Hits contested shots off of the dribble from anywhere (Curry, Lilliard, CC)
No matter race or gender, twitter is fawning all over her. Including wnba and nba greats.
She may be a better passer
Similar range and the guts to hit and take/make big shots and plays
They also turn the ball over alot but with flair LOL
Definitely not as big, fast or athletic

This is a great hypothetical. I just hate when guys downplay women. She is super talented and would hold her own. The one on one argument is the worst ever in basketball too. Basketball is 5 on 5 and a team sport. How good you are at one on one doesn't matter.
You have good points. It’s not one on one and if some how I’m degrading her accomplishments I’m sorry, that’s not what I’m trying to do. I was talking more on topic of the OP premise.

Caitlin could whip a lot of dudes I know for sure.

I didn’t say all men either but I did flip it on ya. I said she wouldn’t be able to play in Iowa’s men’s team and that a lot of dudes who post on here could beat her in a one on one match up. Probably not accurate and a great over generalization.

My bad. Sorry
yeah all good

I dont disagree with you for the most part either.

At some point, it seems to take a little luster off Caitlin's accomplishment

Something that was never been duplicated by any man or woman in college basketball
history

Perhaps denigrates what the Women's team has accomplished this season

Just a personal attitude and opinion

This has been a solid discussion

It's All Good, Lads

Let's see the Hawks achieve the impossible and sends the South Carolina Roughnecks

Home Friday Night or at least reduced to observing the championship game from the stands

:cool:

Well said. No question they both can launch and be deadly accurate. In fact, I would not be surprised if Clark could beat Curry in a game of horse...and vice-versa.

But, if they played one-on-one.....Curry takes 10 out of 10 games.
nah man... Steph curry would own her in a 3-point competition.

Clark has great range and can hit them at volume.. but curry has a higher % playing against x100 competition

Curry hit 105 in a row once in practice...

Steph Curry hits 105 consecutive 3-pointers after Warriors' practice | SportsCenter - Bing video

I think this is pretty accurate. For those above who stated they could beat her or any top woman player with one hand behind their back was rather out there. Those kinds of statements are absurd, IMO.

I know people were just trying to make a point, but c'mon.

If you put Clark against any guy on the Hawks men team in a free throw shooting match or the best out of 25 from deep, my $ is on Clark. I think she’s awesome and has brought a huge spotlight to Hawkeye women b ball. Now let’s get real. If you insert into a men’s game with someone guarding her it’s a whole different game for her. Would she light up Michigan State? The answer is no. There is a reason why there is a men’s practice squad that works with the women and they have one rule…you can not block their shot.