Anyone going to B-ham?

okeefe4prez

If we knock off Auburn and tickets are reasonably priced, I will be there Saturday. Anyone else planning to go?

If we knock off Auburn and tickets are reasonably priced, I will be there Saturday. Anyone else planning to go?
It's about 4 hours from me. I'd consider doing that but I'm not going to think too hard till they beat Auburn. Be a fun Saturday road trip. Not sure if I'd want to go down Fri night or get a room Sat night after.

If they beat Houston you'd better have a room for Saturday night.
Yeah that seems to be the way to go for me anyway. Leaving here Fri after work and turning it into a 2 day thing isn't something I want to do real bad any way so that's where I'm leaning. But first things first...

He doesn't want to spend any money on a trip, so planning on a Sat game ensures that.

Correct. I don't want to piss away money on a meaningless first round game that should be merely perfunctory given the way Iowa is playing. Once we knock Auburn out ticket prices will plummet and I will scoop some up and then because the game is in Birmingham there will be some residual Auburn losers in the arena on Saturday and I will be covered in Hawkeye apparel from head to toe and I will talk shit like an inch away from the face of every Auburn jackass in Birmingham. I just need to make sure I have a few guys to back me up. Sounds like my homey Hawkfnntn is ready for it.

Shit is gonna get deep. I have a lot of pent up rage over Bo beating Chuck Long for the Heisman in 1985 so I'm gonna need someone to hold me back.

I will be covered in Hawkeye apparel from head to toe and I will talk shit like an inch away from the face of every Auburn jackass in Birmingham. I just need to make sure I have a few guys to back me up. Sounds like my homey Hawkfnntn is ready for it.

Shit is gonna get deep. I have a lot of pent up rage over Bo beating Chuck Long for the Heisman in 1985 so I'm gonna need someone to hold me back.
You ever seen My Cousin Vinny?

You ever seen My Cousin Vinnie?

Is this some sort of coded way of you saying "Breh, I got your back" and telling me that you'll be there? I'll be wearing my HawkeyeNation coat with a Chuck Long jersey underneath. Shoot me your digits and we'll gameplan where to tailgate and meet up. Thanks.

Is this some sort of coded way of you saying "Breh, I got your back" and telling me that you'll be there? I'll be wearing my HawkeyeNation coat with a Chuck Long jersey underneath. Shoot me your digits and we'll gameplan where to tailgate and meet up. Thanks.
I was actually thinking of the scene where Vinny visits his cousin in jail and goes...

"Hey Stan...you're in Ala-Fuckin-Bama. You come from New York. You killed a good old boy. There is no way this is not going to trial."

Correct. I don't want to piss away money on a meaningless first round game that should be merely perfunctory given the way Iowa is playing. Once we knock Auburn out ticket prices will plummet and I will scoop some up and then because the game is in Birmingham there will be some residual Auburn losers in the arena on Saturday and I will be covered in Hawkeye apparel from head to toe and I will talk shit like an inch away from the face of every Auburn jackass in Birmingham. I just need to make sure I have a few guys to back me up. Sounds like my homey Hawkfnntn is ready for it.

Choose your back up posse better than JBO.

If? That’s an understatement the way we pissed down our legs at the end of the season. Freakin Nebraska at home, senior day, and a second seed on the line. If the boys can’t get up for all of that then what?

Auburn > Nebraska

Still I expect a win not only over Auburn but over Houston too. Houston??? Seriously?? Who the hell are they? Poor little Iowa the little train that couldn’t. Seems like Houston is getting along just fine……….. that big power house basketball program.

If this was the Lute era the question be whether we would beat Houston by fifteen or thirty points. I know things change as do sports programs and this isn’t the old No name Houston anymore, but it’s a good example of what can happen to a program especially for poor little schools named Iowa. If Houston had to go through a season of playing in the Big Ten would they even finish in the top half of the conference???? Likely not. Reminds my of the arrogance of Nebraska fans who thought they would own the Big Ten in football……….. NOT!!!!

Let’s win two and get this monkey off of Fran’s back and give us Iowa fans the fun of looking to the next week ahead and being a part of it.

If? That’s an understatement the way we pissed down our legs at the end of the season. Freakin Nebraska at home, senior day, and a second seed on the line. If the boys can’t get up for all of that then what?

Auburn > Nebraska

Still I expect a win not only over Auburn but over Houston too. Houston??? Seriously?? Who the hell are they? Poor little Iowa the little train that couldn’t. Seems like Houston is getting along just fine……….. that big power house basketball program.

If this was the Lute era the question be whether we would beat Houston by fifteen or thirty points. I know things change as do sports programs and this isn’t the old No name Houston anymore, but it’s a good example of what can happen to a program especially for poor little schools named Iowa. If Houston had to go through a season of playing in the Big Ten would they even finish in the top half of the conference???? Likely not. Reminds my of the arrogance of Nebraska fans who thought they would own the Big Ten in football……….. NOT!!!!

Let’s win two and get this monkey off of Fran’s back and give us Iowa fans the fun of looking to the next week ahead and being a part of it.

I like it. This team is streaky. You don't pick them off a 10 game winning streak. You want a two game losing streak and a break to think about it and work on a few defensive sets in practice. Frankly, they don't even need to work on defense, just hit every shot and get one stop and avoid turnovers and you're almost guaranteed to win as long as you don't fall asleep on the defensive boards.

Drake is the only team that I see keeping us from an Elite 8. Once we hit that level all bets are off, but this team is gonna win at least two in a row, likely three. Then I'm going to bitch that Fran hasn't gotten us to the Final Four and demand that we fire him and hire the next Todd Lickliter.

I like it. This team is streaky. You don't pick them off a 10 game winning streak. You want a two game losing streak and a break to think about it and work on a few defensive sets in practice. Frankly, they don't even need to work on defense, just hit every shot and get one stop and avoid turnovers and you're almost guaranteed to win as long as you don't fall asleep on the defensive boards.

Drake is the only team that I see keeping us from an Elite 8. Once we hit that level all bets are off, but this team is gonna win at least two in a row, likely three. Then I'm going to bitch that Fran hasn't gotten us to the Final Four and demand that we fire him and hire the next Todd Lickliter.

Little Richard Petino might like to come back to the BIG!

Little Richard Petino might like to come back to the BIG!
I doubt it. Big Dick said he’d never set foot in the Big Ten to coach again if he ever got the opportunity because of what Minnesota did to Little Dick. There’s no way he’d do anything against daddy’s wishes.