Filip Rebraca Embracing Zach Edey Challenge

The Big O logged some valuable and effective minutes vs the Boilers in last year's BTen championship game, and I'd like to see him do it again. It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind Fran starting the Big O and pushing Edey clear out to midcourt every possession until he fouled out. Send a message it ain't gonna be business as usual.

The Big O logged some valuable and effective minutes vs the Boilers in last year's BTen championship game, and I'd like to see him do it again. It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind Fran starting the Big O and pushing Edey clear out to midcourt every possession until he fouled out. Send a message it ain't gonna be business as usual.
I know Big O has been injured, but I have never understood why they haven't used his fouls to at least be physical and try to muck up the opposing bigs game. I have said this in the past as well. What the heck. I fhe is only going to get spot minutes let him use his body and make it difficult. If he fouls out, oh well. Might as well use them.

So, does Iowa instill a defense to front the post and along with backside D on him? This to take the chances with Purdue's outside game?

Purdue is currently ranked 194 at 33% 3 point made percentage. They average 7.3 makes per game. They attempt on average 21 3 pt shots a game.

Iowa has faced a top-ranked team 24 times in its history, going 3-21.

Two have been on the road (Alfraud had one), and one was at CHA.

Big part of this matchup for sure is how do we handle Edey. Let him go 1 on 1 and have his way or roll the dice and try denying him the ball and live and die with their 3 pt shooters? Doubling him after he has the ball can be problematic. He's a good passer I think. It's just a tough matchup for us (and about everyone else) I'm not too optimistic. But if we play great on O ourselves it puts the pressure on them to keep up too. If we play fast and uptempo keep him running and maybe wear him out is our best shot. So should be fun

All night I could not stop watching Flip guard this monster. I am not sure if Flip really is 6'9, but if he is, he was still giving up 7 inches. That would be like me guarding a 6'5 guy who is really thick in the paint. All you can do is push on the small of his back and hope he misses. He did the best he could, but that guy is just a freak of nature.

If I was a bottom feeding NBA team, I might draft that kid and build an old school LA Lakers from the 80s offense around him. The game is spread out and 1-1 in the NBA now that he could consistently get 1-1 on the block. A lot of teams don't even carry true centers like that anymore. I know this is not the way the NBA is trending, but this could be sort of like Georgia Tech running the triple option; no one knows how to defend this old school crap.

Latest posts