Brian isn't going anywhere

Is the lawsuit against Brian hurting us in recruiting talent on the offensive side of the ball? I think it is.
I think our lack of production and getting skilled players the ball ins space is hurting recruiting.

I'm not sure HS kids are evaluating Iowa based on a lawsuit from a few years ago. Now, if there's some evidence that the culture still has some rotten parts to it, that could be a factor...

"I anticipate no changes in our staff moving forward. I think we do have a terrific staff"

--Kirk Farence, 2-1-23 press conference

Yes, those crossover games (which matter LESS than West division games in terms of getting to the big ten championship game), are outliers in which Iowa MAY need to score more than 21 points to win, but check out these records in the Iowa v PSU series. Many games are won and lost in the teens and low 20s.

In 10 out of 16 games below, PSU scored 21 or less... in the last three games between the teams (to account for Franklin's offense here), PSU scored 21 or less all three years.

View attachment 9821
I knew someone would focus on penn st. You are whiffing at the point. The best teams of the b10, kf offenses are in over their head and iowa defense is overrated in the same scenario. Fry teams competed with the top on both sides of the ball

well, this is why I have not been to an Iowa game in about a decade.

Shit is boring - I can barely watch it on TV.

and it's been even worse the last two years.

basically, it's going to take way less than 8 wins for Kirk to consider a season not a success. Winning is the bottom line, not how many points you score. FWIW I am in the same boat and even though I think the offense is trash, I also know that nothing will change regardless of who sits in that seat, because again, it's Kirk's offense. You want rid of it, you gotta get rid of him.

well, this is why I have not been to an Iowa game in about a decade.

Shit is boring - I can barely watch it on TV.

and it's been even worse the last two years.
Been a Hawkeye fan for over 50 years.
This offense is more painful to watch than Bob Comming's Wing T.
It is truly beyond belief that any coach would not make changes.

basically, it's going to take way less than 8 wins for Kirk to consider a season not a success. Winning is the bottom line, not how many points you score. FWIW I am in the same boat and even though I think the offense is trash, I also know that nothing will change regardless of who sits in that seat, because again, it's Kirk's offense. You want rid of it, you gotta get rid of him.
1 less than 8 is 7. If Iowa lost the bowl game would the outcome be different?

"I anticipate no changes in our staff moving forward. I think we do have a terrific staff"

--Kirk Farence, 2-1-23 press conference
Hey Fry, you seem to have a pretty good perspective on things. How do we reconcile successful recruitment of McNamara with continuation of BF as offensive coordinator? Hard to believe McNamara would agree to more of last season's offensive style & production. Do you suppose McNamara was promised there would be significant change? Perhaps the coaching staff has more optimism about progress of O line as compared to what the O line accomplished last season.
What are your thoughts surrounding maintaining status quo on offensive side of the ball?

My point makes too much sense, but there is no point trying to explain it to you because you wouldn't understand. You are the very poster who hit the roof about four years ago when I pointed out that Iowa has averaged more points in the Ferentz era then Hayden's. Points win games, and I don't give a F if Kirk doesn't score them as sexy as Hayden did. When he has to, we have seen Kirk win shootouts. He did it all time in the Stanley era if you (gulp) checked facts. The CJ and Stanzi eras as well. Not so much in the Petras era because he knew we had the defense and special teams to carry the offense. If you want to use recency bias, then yes, he let a couple wins get away in 2022 by playing too close to the vest. But he steals more than he lets get away.
Have you factored the recent years? ....

Been a Hawkeye fan for over 50 years.
This offense is more painful to watch than Bob Comming's Wing T.
It is truly beyond belief that any coach would not make changes.
Ummmmm... back then there was no hope in moving the ball. OSU to Wisky back to back 2017. That is what is maddening. Dual threat QB and the 7th rated O against 9 ranked teams. Same coach.

Latest posts