Jestin Jacobs in the portal

spliff45

Is entering the portal per 247Sports. There are rumors that Oregon has thrown a bunch of money his direction

I don't think Kirk likes the recruiting part of coaching and now it recruiting your own players every season and trying to build a culture. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired this year.

I saw on a Facebook post Iowa is no longer pursuing Holden due to academic issues. So I guess we wait and see!
Yeah, the Iowa staff found out this evening after talking to the Alabama staff that Holden was apparently being asked not to return. Not sure if that had anything to do with academics or not

Remember folks, there’s a discussion thread pinned to the top of the football forum for NIL debate.

Remember folks, there’s a discussion thread pinned to the top of the football forum for NIL debate.
I disagree with trying to condense all of this stuff to 1 thread. It’s a hot topic with many players coming in and out.

I disagree with trying to condense all of this stuff to 1 thread. It’s a hot topic with many players coming in and out.
This is going to happen numerous times between now and kickoff next year, and every time a player leaves like Jacobs, it’s going to turn into a derailed poop show with people saying the same, “This portal and transfer thing sucks, I hate football now and what’s it’s become, it's all about money and that sucks, yadda yadda yadda and on and on and on…”

For the record I’m not saying all talk about the portal and transfers has to go there, not at all. But if you’re going to repeat the same kind of carbon copy complaint about how you hate what NIL has done, it goes there instead of clogging up other threads.

We get it, people hate that money and free transfers have killed what football was up until the winter of 2022. I don't necessarily like everything about it myself, but we don’t need to keep hearing it on repeat. It’s the world of football now, no one can change it.

I don't think Kirk likes the recruiting part of coaching and now it recruiting your own players every season and trying to build a culture. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired this year.
I wouldn't blame him. I cannot imagine the fun of coaching in this new atmosphere. Mess after mess.

Well that just sucks balls. Oregon lost their OC to ASU. I'm not sure about their defensive side of the ball how they look. If he does end up out there that's just head shaking. Like Oregon is just intentionally trying to pluck dudes from us.

If NIL is just a part of his reasoning I wonder if maybe he's wanting to be used different on D. I could see him wanting to blitz and rush the passer more often. We rarely had him do that. I bet he sees himself as a Michah Parsons type. They are damn near the same size so I bet he'd like to be used more like him. Then again it could just be 100% NIL related and I'm talking out of my ass.

Maybe he wants to win games. Jestin's dad liked a post on Twitter that indicated players may be leaving as they are tired of the inept offense.

I saw on a Facebook post Iowa is no longer pursuing Holden due to academic issues. So I guess we wait and see!

He also apparently had a bad case of the droppsies. Many 'Bama fans aren't disappointed to see him move on. Although, he did have 6 TD catches last year, which is weird.

This one is going to sting a little. Jacobs is a legit linebacker that was limited to 2 games due to injuries.

Latest posts