Does Labas Hop In The Portal After The Bowl Game?

Does Labas Hit The Portal After Nashville?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fryowa

Administrator
He redshirted last year, burned this year, and has to assume (for right now) that McNamara will play 2 years, leaving Labas a single year.

Good audition. After all this is the moment they’re training for. Ironically it could have been Duce

I know young guys are quick healers (well, except for WR Keegan Johnson), but realistically, what are the chances of McNamara making it through an entire season behind Iowa's OLine while dealing with a tender and bum knee before the season even starts? If I'm Labas, or whoever wins the starting spot for the Music City Bowl, I'm staying on for 1 more year...if I don't get playing time next year, I'm gone.

I know young guys are quick healers (well, except for WR Keegan Johnson), but realistically, what are the chances of McNamara making it through an entire season behind Iowa's OLine while dealing with a tender and bum knee before the season even starts? If I'm Labas, or whoever wins the starting spot for the Music City Bowl, I'm staying on for 1 more year...if I don't get playing time next year, I'm gone.
I dunno. That’d be 3 full years of never stepping on a field except for a crappy bowl game. Gonna be tough to get someone to take a chance on you if McNamara stays healthy.

Either Labas or May will hit the portal after the game. Takes Cade getting hit one time behind this line for one of them to see the field.

I highly doubt Petras will take his COVID year but it would be interesting if he stayed around but will probably go to somewhere like Stanford for his final year if he decided to go that route.

He certainly could. Where's he from? I could see May sticking around but Labas just based on his clock I'd be surprised if he stuck around. If he thinks he's good enough to play he should go.

I voted no to stay in character. I don't know what my screen name will be if this dude only gets one start as a Hawk, and the prospect of May starting is even worse for my image. Gotta think one of them goes, though. There's always going to be half a dozen MAC teams with better prospects for a QB than Iowa, even with the exposure you can get if you actually have "it," though the only guys that really fall in that box over the last ten years are Stanzi and Beathard.

I voted no because McNamara's health is a huge question mark. Unless Petras takes that extra COVID year it's a strong possibility Labas would be 2nd on the depth chart heading into spring ball. Plus he may have figured out that he's not a NFL caliber QB and he's thinking about his life after college and the degree from Iowa may be better than a MAC school or D2 school.

I voted no because McNamara's health is a huge question mark. Unless Petras takes that extra COVID year it's a strong possibility Labas would be 2nd on the depth chart heading into spring ball. Plus he may have figured out that he's not a NFL caliber QB and he's thinking about his life after college and the degree from Iowa may be better than a MAC school or D2 school.
I take it Petras hasn't said if he is or isn't coming back? I can't see him wanting to. And I sure can't see the coaches wanting him to. The way the Cade thing went down and everything... Petras is done I would think

I take it Petras hasn't said if he is or isn't coming back? I can't see him wanting to. And I sure can't see the coaches wanting him to. The way the Cade thing went down and everything... Petras is done I would think
Agree with this. I think the coaches have a good idea if he is coming back or not. And they wouldn't have pushed for McNamara so much is he were coming back.

Agree with this. I think the coaches have a good idea if he is coming back or not. And they wouldn't have pushed for McNamara so much is he were coming back.
Yeah. He had his senior day moment pregame against Nebraska. If he were to say change his mind I'd be surprised.

If I'm the coaches I'd be pushing really hard for Petras to come back. Again there's no guarantee McNamara is going to be 100% by spring or even the season opener. Even if he is Petras is an experience QB and that's valuable to have as depth.

If I'm the coaches I'd be pushing really hard for Petras to come back. Again there's no guarantee McNamara is going to be 100% by spring or even the season opener. Even if he is Petras is an experience QB and that's valuable to have as depth.

Petras stays as grad assistant?

Latest posts