Brian isn't going anywhere

NCHawker

Kirk just does not share your views about the offense.

Have you ever invented something, or built something, a process, a method or maybe a spreadsheet or a gadget and you know its pretty cool and you know how its going t work, but you continually have to fiddle with it..and all you can do is keep fiddling with it...and if someone comes a long and suggests scrapping it, you say ... no... its just a matter of tweaking this or that. And so you stay with it.

This is the mind set of KF about his offense.

One more factor is that KF has a profound blind spot. Offense is just not that important to him. He has demonstrated that he does not insist on good offense. He has a very low standard for offense.

I don't expect a change

Kirk just does not share your views about the offense.

Have you ever invented something, or built something, a process, a method or maybe a spreadsheet or a gadget and you know its pretty cool and you know how its going t work, but you continually have to fiddle with it..and all you can do is keep fiddling with it...and if someone comes a long and suggests scrapping it, you say ... no... its just a matter of tweaking this or that. And so you stay with it.

This is the mind set of KF about his offense.

One more factor is that KF has a profound blind spot. Offense is just not that important to him. He has demonstrated that he does not insist on good offense. He has a very low standard for offense.

I don't expect a change
How about the o line coach? Will he be back? Dude does not have a clue?

Whoever is OC is immaterial. The offense will not change as long as it’s Kirk. I’m of the opinion the offense can work. Iowa is really hurting for talent at key spots.
No change. Kirk satisfied. His BOSSES boosters, Money men happy. Ita a "bottom" business. Only change when gold does not flow. Modest suggestion? Guys with gold pick up a copy of Brothers Grim book. Story about tailer/barber and his "pet goose. Read if you like. Or the MOVIE, Treasure of Sierra Madre. Anyway players hard-line cool guys. Class Acts. Us fans drink good Beer. Best fryiowa Generally waay cool. Appreciate his work.

He’ll go to the NFL. Then it looks like he took a better opportunity and he doesn’t get fired or demoted.

I could be wrong but this game kinda gave the BF haters the ending they thought might induce change. That was bad bad. They literally don't have a 2 min offense. They simply can not hurry to the LOS and run a play with more then 10 seconds on the play clock. Doesn't matter if they are down 2 or 3 scores in the 4th quarter they just won't do it. And that's just one issue of several with the O that they have. I lean towards we've seen the last of BF as QB and OC. I don't think he'll demote himself so much as just look for a different job someplace else but neither would surprise me.

I could be wrong but this game kinda gave the BF haters the ending they thought might induce change. That was bad bad. They literally don't have a 2 min offense. They simply can not hurry to the LOS and run a play with more then 10 seconds on the play clock. Doesn't matter if they are down 2 or 3 scores in the 4th quarter they just won't do it. And that's just one issue of several with the O that they have. I lean towards we've seen the last of BF as QB and OC. I don't think he'll demote himself so much as just look for a different job someplace else but neither would surprise me.
The only hope will be if all the main street media keeps talking about how bad the Iowa offense is and how bad BF is. I know he makes $$
But how much negative publicity can he and his reputation take? National media has made him a laughing stock. The bozo the clown of oc's

Brian's not going anywhere.
After multiple seasons of worst-in-FBS offensive performances, one more debacle won't shame Brian into leaving.
Or change Kirk's mind.

Kirk's system can work. I'm sure he would point out the degree of success he's had over the last 20 years, and he would be correct.

The problem is that the stars have to align perfectly, every season, for that to happen. The end result of his philosophy is a lot of low-scoring close games where the margin for error is eternally slim. That can be an agonizing emotional roller coaster for a fanbase.

Combine that with the developmental nature of the program, and you are always one injured or early declaration player away from collapse. That fine line necessitates great coaching and/or great recruiting, and that's where the current problem lies - neither Brian nor Barnett have demonstrated the ability to get the most out of their players. It's hard to envision Kirk demoting or firing his son, but if he remains in denial regarding Barnett and the O-line, we can expect much of the same.

Kirk's system can work. I'm sure he would point out the degree of success he's had over the last 20 years, and he would be correct.

The problem is that the stars have to align perfectly, every season, for that to happen. The end result of his philosophy is a lot of low-scoring close games where the margin for error is eternally slim. That can be an agonizing emotional roller coaster for a fanbase.

Combine that with the developmental nature of the program, and you are always one injured or early declaration player away from collapse. That fine line necessitates great coaching and/or great recruiting, and that's where the current problem lies - neither Brian nor Barnett have demonstrated the ability to get the most out of their players. It's hard to envision Kirk demoting or firing his son, but if he remains in denial regarding Barnett and the O-line, we can expect much of the same.

I wonder if Kirk's frame of reference has become a liability. Constantly comparing players and years to previous Iowa players and Iowa seasons. time to look outward at the way the game is played and the way teams are built and the style of play, and what the recruits on offense want. They can still build the culture the Iowa way. I fear Iowa is becoming less attractive. There are kids who love Iowa..are fans..and yet opt elsewhere... Like Kasper... and maybe like procter

I still think there is a chance he is not back.
A chance, is all I'm saying.
Ask me again in mid to late May.

He’s gone. 121 in O last year. 130 this year. Resignation would make it easy for everyone. Couple of quick helpful fixes. Open up QB completion including to NJ qb coming in next year and May from California. Best player plays and be ready to play No 2 whenever necessary. Allow qb to run when it’s there. Padilla clearly coached not to. Vines Brecht Bruce and Johnson nice start to receiving core. Go into portal and get experienced lineman and WRs that can catch. Make sure your current kids know changes will be made. And start make them before signing day. Can’t lose any more recruits. We have really quality kids who fight to the end. Coaching staff do better. Many of them flat out were not good this year. I want Coach Kirk to finish on high note and not be part of the problem. 17 wins last two years could easily have been 20 or 12 and we are trending towards 12. Please expect a lot because that’s what we are capable of. We are the University of Iowa. Go hawks!!

He’s gone. 121 in O last year. 130 this year. Resignation would make it easy for everyone. Couple of quick helpful fixes. Open up QB completion including to NJ qb coming in next year and May from California. Best player plays and be ready to play No 2 whenever necessary. Allow qb to run when it’s there. Padilla clearly coached not to. Vines Brecht Bruce and Johnson nice start to receiving core. Go into portal and get experienced lineman and WRs that can catch. Make sure your current kids know changes will be made. And start make them before signing day. Can’t lose any more recruits. We have really quality kids who fight to the end. Coaching staff do better. Many of them flat out were not good this year. I want Coach Kirk to finish on high note and not be part of the problem. 17 wins last two years could easily have been 20 or 12 and we are trending towards 12. Please expect a lot because that’s what we are capable of. We are the University of Iowa. Go hawks!!
You must be new here...

Thread title say's it all!
BF going nowhere.
KF going nowhere.
O- line coach going nowhere.
Only thing that is going somewhere is the team and the powers that be will make sure we fans get to live it with them. Irrelevance ! What an agonizing slow ride it will be. No need to buckle up as of now or even later when it builds up speed as some of would rather not live through the crash. The west is the biggest pile of hot garbage and all teams in it suck so bad and KF couldn't even muster enough to even win it when it was down. With any top 75 offense this team would of been 9-2 and respectable but not with this leadership! Sorry but football has evolved but not Kirk.