Rain and maybe Wind at Purdue

longtimer

Normally I would say a good thing for Iowa as Purdue doesn't run the ball well. Unfortunately neither do we
Still probably good?

This year Purdue has run the ball much more frequently and done so well

learn the game
You are just too good! Had they been able to run the ball they would have beaten Penn State in first game. Couldn't hold lead because they couldn't run clock out.
Purdue is 130 yards per game 90th in Nation in rushing. Meh Over 300 yards per game throwing

Purdue only trails Ohio State in passing yards per game in the Big Ten while they are 10th in rushing yards per game. So the wind and rain should help out the defense. But I have no idea how the offense will be able to put points on the board.

Purdue only trails Ohio State in passing yards per game in the Big Ten while they are 10th in rushing yards per game. So the wind and rain should help out the defense. But I have no idea how the offense will be able to put points on the board.
Punt muffs

Purdue throws under coverage. Not long. The stadium maybe blocks windrather than swirling?

Maybe not that big a deal. Will be s winds mostly changing to sw.

Punting will be an issue and hope
Taylor works on driving the ball.

Look, guys, if there is one thing we can count on it is that Ferentz will have the wind in the fourth quarter and we will coast to a 9-7 victory on a clutch field goal with a nice tail wind. Ferentz has never botched which goal to defend.

That doesn't look so bad. Where is the 45 mph wind???

I'm a little disappointed now. lol
Speaking of disappointed, it sucks that the state put WV against WH. WV was a dome team at worst. Got the shaft. Would've liked to have seen them against GC again. I know they played, but I saw them both in person, and WV was more impressive IMO. Could've (should have?) beaten them the first time. Thought they were the better the that night as well, but what do I know.

Look, guys, if there is one thing we can count on it is that Ferentz will have the wind in the fourth quarter and we will coast to a 9-7 victory on a clutch field goal with a nice tail wind. Ferentz has never botched which goal to defend.
Have to laugh at that. Coaching soccer, there were 45mph winds, pretty much the whole time. I wanted to defend giving the other team the wind in the first half so we'd have the wind in the 2nd half. My teams were always well-conditioned. I didn't care how fast players were when fresh, give me speed late in the game.

Anyway the wind was supposed to change directions being very strong a couple hours after the game. Well, the wind changed direction during halftime and we fought that the whole game. Other team scored on a couple of wind carried shots. We never could score.

Speaking of disappointed, it sucks that the state put WV against WH. WV was a dome team at worst. Got the shaft. Would've liked to have seen them against GC again. I know they played, but I saw them both in person, and WV was more impressive IMO. Could've (should have?) beaten them the first time. Thought they were the better the that night as well, but what do I know.
All of those converted 4th downs killed WV. I do think WH was the better team.

Latest posts